FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Got my ebay roush tvs today

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 03:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just hope it fits without a hood, cause I really don't want to buy a new hood.
Old 02-20-2010, 03:11 PM
Launching!

neither do i
Old 02-20-2010, 03:29 PM
On The Tree

I started messing with mine today, I just happen to have a 6.0 sitting in my shop for another project.
If anyone is planning on putting this on a 06 or older truck here s what I've found out so far:
Going to have to run a 07-up water pump(to clear the idler pulley bracket), fuel rails and vapor management valve.
Not sure about what map sensor, my 06 will not work though. Is the nnbs sensor bolt in or just press in like the old style.
I need a bolt on style map sensor, roush says to use a gm#90423637 that will bolt in but its 4 wire sensor(2bar?) and need to splice into a tan with black tracer wire for the 4th wire. Not sure what this wire goes to yet but I know I don't have that color coded wire in my wire harness.
Also need injector plug adapters to run the 42lb injectors that were included, hows sells these.
Still not sure about the TB. I've heard there's an adapter to run mine or I could use a x converter box and run the 90mm TB. Does anyone have any experience with the converter box? how reliable is it?
Oh,yes the intake bolt pattern is correct.
Old 02-20-2010, 03:56 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SuperchargedSS
they are not maggies, but they are eaton TVS1900s (same ones Magnacharger uses, no?). Just pieced together and marketed under Roush. Atleast that's what I'm going with.
only the rotors by the looks of it
Old 02-20-2010, 04:03 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by trever1t
only the rotors by the looks of it
"Eaton" is cast in the supercharger housing. If you go to the Eaton website it states they make the superchargers for several different companies including magnacharger and roush.
Old 02-20-2010, 04:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

From my understanding Eaton builds the Rotor Pack Assemblies, which are purchased by various supercharger companies. These various companies cast and machine their own cases for use with these rotor packs. Eaton also sells whole superchargers to manufactures as well (OEM’s. ECT), for all I know they may have sold a complete supercharger to Roush, which then put it to use with their own manifold and such.

Just because one may have a TVS or any other rotor assembly does not mean parts will interchange with another that has the same rotors. It would be like comparing a Magnacharger against a Harrop, one can just see the differences pouring out of them!
Old 02-20-2010, 05:43 PM
Teching In

I have a magnavolt if you need one ..$75.00

Pm me if you want it .
Old 02-20-2010, 07:31 PM
On The Tree

You guys just scared me on the hood clearance issue so I just mocked the whole thing up on my engine and measured it.
The top of the sc intake were the tb mounts is about 10 from the top of the tensioner pulley bracket. Its the same height as the outlaw intake tube on my truck now, so I'll have no clearance problems on my 2006 truck Here s some more pics.
Attached Thumbnails Got my ebay roush tvs today-feb-2010-118.jpg   Got my ebay roush tvs today-feb-2010-119.jpg   Got my ebay roush tvs today-feb-2010-122.jpg   Got my ebay roush tvs today-feb-2010-120.jpg   Got my ebay roush tvs today-feb-2010-121.jpg  

Old 02-20-2010, 07:34 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 06vortecmaxxx
I started messing with mine today, I just happen to have a 6.0 sitting in my shop for another project.
If anyone is planning on putting this on a 06 or older truck here s what I've found out so far:
Going to have to run a 07-up water pump(to clear the idler pulley bracket), fuel rails and vapor management valve.
Not sure about what map sensor, my 06 will not work though. Is the nnbs sensor bolt in or just press in like the old style.
I need a bolt on style map sensor, roush says to use a gm#90423637 that will bolt in but its 4 wire sensor(2bar?) and need to splice into a tan with black tracer wire for the 4th wire. Not sure what this wire goes to yet but I know I don't have that color coded wire in my wire harness.
Also need injector plug adapters to run the 42lb injectors that were included, hows sells these.
Still not sure about the TB. I've heard there's an adapter to run mine or I could use a x converter box and run the 90mm TB. Does anyone have any experience with the converter box? how reliable is it?
Oh,yes the intake bolt pattern is correct.
I have two sets of pig tail adapters, which kind of connector are you starting with? And the X-link works flawlessly!!
Old 02-20-2010, 07:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

It looks nice, but is the pulley pressed on? I swear it looks like it in the picture.

Quick Reply: Got my ebay roush tvs today