Old 02-21-2010, 01:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Larger lower is always an option if you want more boost
Old 02-21-2010, 01:47 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by duckhunter1999
Who actually bought one of these kits for a NNBS truck or suv and is planning on installing it soon?
i bought a few, and it'll be installed when I get it.
Old 02-21-2010, 02:08 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 01 BERGER CAMARO SS
magnacharger supplies a raised crossover fuel line. U have to reuse your stock fue rails and just swap over the line. its in there installations manual online.
This kit also came with the raised crossover pipe. I just need to find a set of the new square tube fuel rails, the old round plastic ones wont work.
Old 02-21-2010, 02:20 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by EVILGMC
no product support, possible pressed on pulley, do-it yourself rotor/tub assembly, a bunch of missing parts, no warranty, no tune....

one should consider what you get when you pay the good money for the maggie kits. overall value is much more than just bottom line price.
I didn't intend for this thread to become a maggie vs this kit bash. There's no denying that that the maggie is a great kit.
This kit was intended for nnbs 5.3 trucks and includes everything for that install except a tune and possible fuel supply upgrades. I knew that going in.
Yes, the pulley is pressed on. Oh well. I'm not trying to make a high boost truck, just looking for a little added performance and towing power.
Old 02-21-2010, 02:42 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by lt1s10
The tmap is two sensors in one... MAP and intake air... the reason for 4 wires.. I think everyone knows that the magna is a complete, well thought out kit. I bought this kit with full intentions of modifications in mind. Think of it as a "tuner" kit for the older trucks. I am more than happy with my purchase. Pressed on pulley or not, there are ways to make it smaller!
The only thing I am thinking about right now is how to run a 90mm tb with out spending $400 on an aftermarket one. (i have dbc) I may just have to use an adapter for now... ^PM me a price when you get a chance^
One more thing I like is the blank "name plate" on the charger- a nice place to do some custom mill work.
Thanks for clearing up the tmap sensor deal. Now I know the tan wire is tapped into for the intake air temp which is built into the maf sensor on stock apps.
Old 02-21-2010, 02:55 PM
On The Tree

List of stuff needed to install on a 2003-06 truck:
NNbs 07-09 gen IV: fuel rails(square metal ones)and water pump (found one new on ebay for$75.00).
Injector adapters: ev6/uscar to mini delphi style.
TB adapter (I'm gonna call magnacharger for a price on theirs).
Plus the stated: 90423637 tmap sensor and 88988320 harness which according to gmparts direct is available.
Tune.
Fuel system upgrade. I found a deal on a new Magna volt.
I don't think its too bad.
Old 02-21-2010, 08:17 PM
Mod with training wheels

Received 204 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by duckhunter1999
Who actually bought one of these kits for a NNBS truck or suv and is planning on installing it soon?
I bought one for the truck in my sig...the plan is to install it this weekend. Will update...
Old 02-21-2010, 08:24 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by anasasisxenophontis
I bought one for the truck in my sig...the plan is to install it this weekend. Will update...
you interested in a GMPP Stainless exhaust to go with that blower?
Old 02-22-2010, 09:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

here is what my good source said about these.

It's legit, the dealer wasn't suppose to release it as a Roush Kit though. So, with that being said we unfortunately won't have replacement parts or calibration for it. We probably had 90 kits or so...
Good luck with the install, I bet it will be fine. Dont go hunting for #'s but for a average guy this will be a nice set-up
Old 02-22-2010, 10:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

im not bashing the kit. just pointing out some of the things contributing to the significant price difference.

Originally Posted by 06vortecmaxxx
I didn't intend for this thread to become a maggie vs this kit bash. There's no denying that that the maggie is a great kit.
This kit was intended for nnbs 5.3 trucks and includes everything for that install except a tune and possible fuel supply upgrades. I knew that going in.
Yes, the pulley is pressed on. Oh well. I'm not trying to make a high boost truck, just looking for a little added performance and towing power.

Quick Reply: Got my ebay roush tvs today