FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

great info for you STS guys...

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 09:44 AM
11 Second Truck Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default great info for you STS guys...

good thread, good reading, good info...its all good...

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...3&page=1&pp=20
Old 07-19-2006, 04:14 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Excellent find! Looks like more work to do with actual benifits for all us turbo guys.
Old 07-19-2006, 04:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That is an awesome read! Only down side is that it will open up the whole "rear vs front" mount debate again :-(
What I get from the thread is the efficiency of Zombie's current system is much better, thus more power via less work by the turbo. If you are running 5-10psi it won't make more power on our V8 trucks just keep the turbo from working OT and also keep the EGT's down.
Old 07-19-2006, 04:43 PM
11 Second Truck Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

If you are running 5-10psi it won't make more power on our V8 trucks just keep the turbo from working OT and also keep the EGT's down.
quicksilverado will be able to let us know soon I hope...
Old 07-19-2006, 05:11 PM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i think its a must from all the info ive read for us STS guys to wrap our exhaust. I just did mine this weekend while my truck is broke awaiting a detroit locker install. I bought a exhaust wrap kit from Summit. 2 rolls of 2''x50' tape and a can of black silicone spray. I sprayed the exhaust piping, then wrapped them, then sprayed the wrap to help it last. This should really help performance, i will post results after i get the truck back on the road.
Old 07-19-2006, 05:14 PM
TECH Veteran

I still sifting through the thread, but engineermike is right on target IMO. I've planned on wrapping my exhaust since day one for the reasons he's stated, and the fact that I have an EC with a little bit more tubing.
Old 07-19-2006, 06:03 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wraped my exhaust last weekend and I gained 3psi on building boost with my two step. I feel like it is more responsive but I have not put my foot down yet to see if I gained any boost. It took me 3 rolls of exhaust wrap and 3 cans of paint and 1 can of exhaust wrap protecting paint DEI. I wraped from the manifolds to the turbo. It stinks (burning smell) but I think it is worth the money.
Old 07-19-2006, 06:16 PM
How do I change this text

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've had mine wraped for about a year now, the smell goes away after few good heat cycles.
Old 07-20-2006, 07:13 AM
Launching!

I have headers that are ceramic coated and don't really intend to pull those off. I thought about wrapping my exhaust from the y-pipe back to the turbo. But then figured it would get wet and continually steam from under the truck which I don't care for. Would heat paint help the straight pipe from the cat to the turbo?
Old 07-20-2006, 07:35 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by TURBO8
I wraped my exhaust last weekend and I gained 3psi on building boost with my two step. I feel like it is more responsive but I have not put my foot down yet to see if I gained any boost. It took me 3 rolls of exhaust wrap and 3 cans of paint and 1 can of exhaust wrap protecting paint DEI. I wraped from the manifolds to the turbo. It stinks (burning smell) but I think it is worth the money.
When you say 3 rolls, how big of the rolls do you mean, and how wide? I figured on one 50ft roll at 2" wide. The guys over at ls1tech are using barbeque paint too. That seems kind of ghetto, did you use an exhaust specific white paint?

Quick Reply: great info for you STS guys...