FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Help with a maggie mp 1200

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2010, 05:24 AM
Admin

Received 217 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by 6.055chevy
sounds just like Magnuson. They are jerks to say the least. There service rank right down there with the toilet. I have called them twice never returned one phone call. The guy I did talk to wouldn't help on parts either. I haven't had time but I'd try going through one of there dealers you might have better luck. Look them up on there web sight.

I think if you bought a new system and broke something they would tell you you would have to buy a new kit again.

You might have mp112 not mp1200
What Magnacharger Product do you have?
Old 11-07-2010, 07:00 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 03sierraslt
What Magnacharger Product do you have?
I didn't end up buying it because I could not get any service from them. It was a used system that needed some lost, broken parts. It was also a MP112

I could not get any parts for the MP112 so it seemed. So I just bought a complete Roush. I'm in no better shape as far as parts but it was all there.

I can junk the roush when it goes bad and it won't hurt as bad. 2000.00
If i junk the magnacharger i'd would have been out 4000.00
Old 11-07-2010, 08:36 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would also have to say that I have had poor service with Magnuson. There were 2 different parts guys that I talked to, and the 2nd guy seemed to know what he was talking about. The first guy didn't know anything about parts, and I was quite surprised that they would hire someone like that. I was having a flow issue with my fuel system, and he told me that the non regulated fuel manifold flows more fuel than the regulated. I believed him that the fuel might pass through the regulator before it enters the rails so, I bought one. That was $60 down the drain as it does not flow any more at all. I also bought a kit to connect the front of the fuel rails. I was going to buy AN fittings through Summit, but figured if Magnuson offers a complete kit I will spend a little more, and get it that way. I told the guy that my system had caps on the end of the rails, and I needed to have the fittings, and the braided hose to connect them. He assured me that it was a complete kit and the fittings would be in there. I told him 2 times to double check to make sure I had all the parts. He assured me both times that the fittings were indeed included. Well the parts showed up, and the fittings were not there. I called him back and told him it was missing the fittings. He said apparently they dont come with it. He actually had me take a picture of what I needed because he didn't know what I was talking about. I asked if I could just go to a local parts store and get them. He said no, they make those fittings right at Magnuson. I paid extra for 2nd day shipping (more than the parts cost) to NY to later find out that NAPA sells these fittings. It seems like it is hit or miss, the 2nd guy sounded like he knew what he was doing and the first guy didn't sound like he knew what a supercharger was. Post a pic of what you have, I am sure you will get better information on here as to what you have.
Old 11-07-2010, 09:36 AM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have seen the burnt hulk of a supercharger you have, and as I stated it is worthless. I am sorry that I was the one that had to inform you of that, but its true. I offered you a deal on a new one to help offset the pain of the bad deal you had made. I would NEVER install a supercharger that has been cooked anywhere near a fire without sending it in and having it rebuilt and tested. Recap:

1 Burnt supercharger
1 Burnt manifold lid
1 Burnt intercooler core.
1 Burnt and rusty pulley
Several burnt seals and gaskets.

You have 20% of the entire kit required to install it on your 1999 truck.

6.055chevy:

I am sorry you had a poor experience as it is out goal to hold our standards high help our customers. If you ever need anything, please give me a call personally and I will see to it that you are taken care of.

Gadgetized:

It is standard procedure to ask a customer to send a picture of what they have or what they think they need, it eliminates most issues and misunderstandings. If you still need anything please feel free to call me personally and I will see to that you get taken care of as well. My apologies for any confusion or delays this may have caused you.
Old 11-07-2010, 10:04 AM
On The Tree

For one thing this unit is not a burnt hunk of junk i have torn it down and the inside is in beatiful shape no sings of damage to any of it. Yes it got warm but the injector o rings were not even melted the puelly can be replaced new bearings installed which i can do not just a shadetree mechanic i have been building cars for 25 years and been ase certified for 11 i also have been remanufacturing offroad mining equipment drivetrains for the last 8. My bitch was a little harsh blownchevy and for that im sorry but i am the customer and need parts and was told no i think it is my prob if i build something and blow it up cause it was bad and that will not reflect on magnuson products. Will post up some pics of the unit you just saw some pics it really isnt as bad as it looks the fire was at the other end of the house and not in the garage yes it did see some heat but just enough to melt the harness and like i said the motor is now living in a 88 k5 turning some 38s with no probs. Again my apologies for the rant and thanks for the help.
Old 11-07-2010, 10:09 AM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by pkozera
For one thing this unit is not a burnt hunk of junk i have torn it down and the inside is in beatiful shape no sings of damage to any of it. Yes it got warm but the injector o rings were not even melted the puelly can be replaced new bearings installed which i can do not just a shadetree mechanic i have been building cars for 25 years and been ase certified for 11 i also have been remanufacturing offroad mining equipment drivetrains for the last 8. My bitch was a little harsh blownchevy and for that im sorry but i am the customer and need parts and was told no i think it is my prob if i build something and blow it up cause it was bad and that will not reflect on magnuson products. Will post up some pics of the unit you just saw some pics it really isnt as bad as it looks the fire was at the other end of the house and not in the garage yes it did see some heat but just enough to melt the harness and like i said the motor is now living in a 88 k5 turning some 38s with no probs. Again my apologies for the rant and thanks for the help.
If you would like to send it in for evaluation we will be more than happy to look at it. I am not trying to take anything away from your experience, in my business EVERYONE is a professional. We just happen to be the professional supercharger manufactures.

My estimates are pretty close to the 3+K mark for the parts, you have about 2000.00 wrapped up in the accessory box as it is.
Old 11-07-2010, 12:13 PM
On The Tree

I just got done do a quick clean up on it and found the model number it is a 112. will take to work mon and give it to my machinist we have an in house full set up. i did check out all the mating surfaces with a sterett straight edge and all is good as far as i can see thats why it will be checked buy a pro machinist in it for 45 years. Will get those pics up just having a prob with photobucket if any one wants to send an email addy will send pics that way. Blowchevy the parts i need for sure to get the sc back to opp order is all bearings seals,snout shaft, intake gaskets,and all o rings for the cooler conetors and seals for lower intake to the upper the j tube and screws for the blow off so i can move to the other side if you can help me with this please let me know. Also the cooler itself is good it did'nt even melt the silicon that is used in there. or the intake gaskets still soft and pliable just like new but not reusable once and trash.
Old 11-07-2010, 12:36 PM
TECH Resident

there are a few Mp112s used rolling around here for $2k-2500, probably just easier to snag one of those for parts. Anyhow, good luck with your rebuild, im curious to see the pics as well.
Old 11-07-2010, 12:44 PM
On The Tree

Here are the pics i sent to tim at magnuson after removing it from the motor no cleaning done yet will get the cleaned pics of the internals and out side later today.[IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]
Old 11-07-2010, 02:34 PM
TECH Resident

yeah, um, pics are non-existent

Quick Reply: Help with a maggie mp 1200