FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Help! Radix Problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 07:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

where should the tensioner be at, somewhere in the center right? tried to get another 114 and it still made noise. i really believe that the idler bracket is bent... it goes from the tensioner to the idler, up to the supercharger, and then down to the other idler. the belt rides 1/4 inch or so further back on the drivers one. my buddies doesnt do this.... any clue?
Old 01-31-2008, 08:10 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by laynlow77
where should the tensioner be at, somewhere in the center right? tried to get another 114 and it still made noise. i really believe that the idler bracket is bent... it goes from the tensioner to the idler, up to the supercharger, and then down to the other idler. the belt rides 1/4 inch or so further back on the drivers one. my buddies doesnt do this.... any clue?
The aluminum tensioners dont bend they just break. I would honestly go with a shorter belt and bring the adjuster on the idler back down some. If it is out of line on the drivers side I would look at the angle of the belt between the supercharger and alternator.
Old 01-31-2008, 08:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

thats what i thought as well. what adjustment could be made though. the supercharger is obviously not moving, and the alternator is on the main accy bracket that is hard bolted in. ive taken it off to make sure that its not "cocked" or hitting anything. (like the spot they tell you to grind off). im baffled.... i need to figure out the stock belt size and go from there, but i know that the idlers just arent right.
Old 01-31-2008, 08:45 PM
FormerVendor

thats what i thought as well. what adjustment could be made though. the supercharger is obviously not moving, and the alternator is on the main accy bracket that is hard bolted in. ive taken it off to make sure that its not "cocked" or hitting anything. (like the spot they tell you to grind off). im baffled.... i need to figure out the stock belt size and go from there, but i know that the idlers just arent right.
If the only change has been with the idlers then I would go back to the stock idlers and see if the issue is still there. I have tested alot of idlers and had issues with a wobble that can only be seen under a load. If the pull of the belt is causing an angle on the idler then the only way to fix it is to go back to an idler that doesn't. Take the belt off and check the idlers once they are warm and see if they move on the bearings at all.
Old 01-31-2008, 09:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2005SSR6Speed
If the only change has been with the idlers then I would go back to the stock idlers and see if the issue is still there. I have tested alot of idlers and had issues with a wobble that can only be seen under a load. If the pull of the belt is causing an angle on the idler then the only way to fix it is to go back to an idler that doesn't. Take the belt off and check the idlers once they are warm and see if they move on the bearings at all.
they do seem to have a small amount of play, very minor...
ive tried the stock idlers as well before, no change. ill try it again tomorrow with a new belt and see what happens.... mind if i give ya a call tomorrow? it might be easier than exchanging messages.
Old 01-31-2008, 09:34 PM
FormerVendor

they do seem to have a small amount of play, very minor...
ive tried the stock idlers as well before, no change. ill try it again tomorrow with a new belt and see what happens.... mind if i give ya a call tomorrow? it might be easier than exchanging messages.
Give me a call anytime. Joe (760) 522-8669
Old 02-03-2008, 02:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

going to order a new idler bracket, belt tensioner, and crank pinning kit, and a new belt...
anything else?
Old 02-03-2008, 02:19 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

going to order a new idler bracket, belt tensioner, and crank pinning kit, and a new belt...
anything else?
check to see if your tensioner is true when you take it off.
Old 02-03-2008, 02:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by moregrip
check to see if your tensioner is true when you take it off.
ive taken it off and nothing seems wrong with it. still has plenty of tension. also, i stole the "new" style idler bracket from my buddy and it didnt fix anything, so i guess that means my "old" style old one isnt bent.
Old 02-03-2008, 02:32 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

ive taken it off and nothing seems wrong with it. still has plenty of tension. also, i stole the "new" style idler bracket from my buddy and it didnt fix anything, so i guess that means my "old" style old one isnt bent.
I don't know man, wish I was able to help more. All I know is I had the same problem and switching to the Metco's fixed it. Doesn't seem to be the same for you though, bummer.

Things I would look for you have already looked at.

a while back, there was a guy that checked the true-ness of the actual idler bracket and found it was not true, had it machined, and fixed his problem that way.

does the tensioner stay true under tension?

Last edited by moregrip; 02-03-2008 at 02:38 PM.

Quick Reply: Help! Radix Problem