FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Help! Radix Problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 03:47 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by BlownChevy
Really, seems to me your were driving your truck quite a bit before you had an issue with a belt. I think a stretched belt was the problem, or ever a faulty tensioner.....but not those pulleys.
I was shredding belts because they were getting thrown, and all belts stretch so if that was the problem before it would have been the same problem after, cross that off the list. I did change the tensioner as a precaution (which I still have) but once I changed the pulleys my problems stopped. Don't know how much more real you can get.
Old 01-06-2008, 03:50 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

not trying to start a **** storm, but I have yet to see these pulleys do ANYTHING for belt wrap or performance.
O'boy here we go
Old 01-06-2008, 03:51 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by moregrip
I was shredding belts because they were getting thrown, and all belts stretch so if that was the problem before it would have been the same problem after, cross that off the list. I did change the tensioner as a precaution (which I still have) but once I changed the pulleys my problems stopped. Don't know how much more real you can get.
seems to me you reported an issue with a balancer that was slipping when you rebuilt your engine.....you don't think that had anything to do with it do you? Like I said, it was fine up until a certain point, where it started having issues. How is that for real? Could it be that the new pulleys were compensating for the real issue and keeping the belt in line? Yes I think so.

Moving on....save your money.....the "bigger" pulleys do NOTHING.

I can list allot of people on this site that use the stock **** and do not have an issue.
Old 01-06-2008, 03:53 PM
what a rush!

seems to me you reported an issue with a balancer that was slipping when you rebuilt your engine.....you don't think that had anything to do with it do you? Like I said, it was fine up until a certain point, where it started having issues. How is that for real? Could it be that the new pulleys were compensating for the real issue and keeping the belt in line? Yes I think so.

Moving on....save your money.....the "bigger" pulleys do NOTHING.

I can list allot of people on this site that use the stock **** and do not have an issue.
worked for me
Old 01-06-2008, 03:55 PM
blownerator

worked for me
again, covered a possible existing issue with a band aid. Obviously unknown to you at the time.
Old 01-06-2008, 03:58 PM
what a rush!

again, covered a possible existing issue with a band aid. Obviously unknown to you at the time.
the issue was pulley alignment and the wider pulleys allowed the belt to move more without getting thrown, not sure about other setups but my alignment was off.
Old 01-06-2008, 03:58 PM
blownerator

the issue was pulley alignment and the wider pulleys allowed the belt to move more without getting thrown, not sure about other setups but my alignment was off.
due to a potential slipped balancer
Old 01-06-2008, 04:00 PM
what a rush!

due to a potential slipped balancer
I wish it was that simple, in my case the pulley alignment was always off
Old 01-06-2008, 04:02 PM
blownerator

I wish it was that simple, in my case the pulley alignment was always off
if that is the case then how come you drove x amount of miles without any issues?

The point is Devin, these pulleys do not provide anymore "belt wrap" or any gains at all IN MY OPINION. If someone wants to spend the money for them, great its theirs to spend. I would not recommend it after I saw Joe's fail, and others have issues with them.
Old 01-06-2008, 04:05 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Watching mine on the dyno was scarey to say the least. We could not get a pull over 5000 rpm's with them on my setup.

Quick Reply: Help! Radix Problem