FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

HELP! random cylinder misfire after turbo/pcm install

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 09:58 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TXjeepTJ
Hmm I would get it tuned in person but I am 7 hours from Nelson
If your up in Lubbock, I believe TSP is up there, and could do an in person tune for you. I'm sure you would rather stick will Nelson since you already got a tune from him though. Just an option if you keep having troubles.
Old 03-22-2011, 10:35 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by aQuickLS1
If your up in Lubbock, I believe TSP is up there, and could do an in person tune for you. I'm sure you would rather stick will Nelson since you already got a tune from him though. Just an option if you keep having troubles.
Yeah I would rather just stick with Nelson, also I don't want to fork over another $500 for a different tuner, I also think Nelson locked the PCM (that's what it said in the papers that came with the new PCM)

i might end up taking a trip to San antonio
Old 03-22-2011, 11:06 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Good point I will check out my Pcv lines, I didn't touch them during the turbo install but maybe something is wrong with it and is showing itself now
Oh, you need to fix this! You can't have the hose going from the pass valve cover to the TB or it will pressurize the motor when you get into boost. Cap the TB port and put a small filter from Auto Zone on that hose. Also, make sure you have the check valve type PCV valve on the drivers side and not the orifice type.
Old 03-22-2011, 12:00 PM
Launching!

Yeah I would rather just stick with Nelson, also I don't want to fork over another $500 for a different tuner, I also think Nelson locked the PCM (that's what it said in the papers that came with the new PCM)

i might end up taking a trip to San antonio
Thats what I figured. Good luck, and let us know how it runs!
Old 03-22-2011, 12:05 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by kbracing96
Oh, you need to fix this! You can't have the hose going from the pass valve cover to the TB or it will pressurize the motor when you get into boost. Cap the TB port and put a small filter from Auto Zone on that hose. Also, make sure you have the check valve type PCV valve on the drivers side and not the orifice type.
lol would that explain the oil? I'll get that knocked out today- could that be why I'm getting the codes?

also, does anyone know what it means when the codes are present in the computer, but the actual check engine light doesn't come on?
Old 03-22-2011, 01:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

lol would that explain the oil? I'll get that knocked out today- could that be why I'm getting the codes?

also, does anyone know what it means when the codes are present in the computer, but the actual check engine light doesn't come on?
Yes, that would explain the oil. If you pressurize the crank case, then the turbo can't drain properly.

There are several different stages of codes. A code can be set and not turn on a the MIL in some cases.
Old 03-22-2011, 06:26 PM
TECH Resident

Alright I vented the crank case via filter

Codes are still coming back and also got a p0400 which is an egr fault... Shouldn't that have Been tuned out?
Old 03-22-2011, 08:48 PM
On The Tree

I just finished the install yesterday on my truck and am having the same issues. I'm glad to be a member here.
Old 03-22-2011, 09:42 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by dirtdiggler02
I just finished the install yesterday on my truck and am having the same issues. I'm glad to be a member here.
the running lean codes? btw, love your sig lol

on my A/F gauge, what numbers are safe as far as the richness I should see at WOT? (still haven't gone WOT throttle yet..). When I give it about half throttle I see a value in the low 13's. I have an aeroforce interceptor A/F gauge input so I don't have the nice colorful lights to simplify it
Old 03-22-2011, 10:59 PM
On The Tree

the running lean codes? btw, love your sig lol

on my A/F gauge, what numbers are safe as far as the richness I should see at WOT? (still haven't gone WOT throttle yet..). When I give it about half throttle I see a value in the low 13's. I have an aeroforce interceptor A/F gauge input so I don't have the nice colorful lights to simplify it
Yup. Running the lean codes, some heater codes, and the random misfire. I'm going to do the vacuum thing tomorrow and see if this helps me out. It idles real rough, but as soon as it starts to come into boost, it clears up. Also, the cel, goes away while i'm accelerating. I haven't really floored it, but it does pull pretty nice at 1/2 throttle.

Quick Reply: HELP! random cylinder misfire after turbo/pcm install