FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

HELP! random cylinder misfire after turbo/pcm install

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 12:50 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 199 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by TXjeepTJ
Hey guys, I finally went WOT on the new turbo setup- a/f ratio reads low 10's and ...
... It is running rich? my AFR is 14-14.8 at idle and when the idle starts getting rough it goes to the 17's (only while it is idling rough). when just driving it stays in the 13's. At WOT it dips into the 10's and low 11's.
There's a big difference between low 10s and low 11s.
Old 03-28-2011, 10:36 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeGyver
There's a big difference between low 10s and low 11s.
oh I thought you were talking about from the video, it seems that I can't really get a straight number out of the AFR gauge which is why I had posted low 10's earlier and just yesterday I couldn't even get it into the low 10's
Old 03-28-2011, 09:37 PM
On The Tree

Hey guys, I thought I'd post an update. Had a new tune installed deleting the o2's alltogether and the truck is running much better. Idle quality is almost as good as before the turbo install and part throttle is much improved as well. I kept having problems with the bank 2 o2 sensor and I tried three different ones until I gave up on that. Now it's on to the tuning. I can't thank you guys enough for all the help.
Old 03-28-2011, 11:25 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by dirtdiggler02
Hey guys, I thought I'd post an update. Had a new tune installed deleting the o2's alltogether and the truck is running much better. Idle quality is almost as good as before the turbo install and part throttle is much improved as well. I kept having problems with the bank 2 o2 sensor and I tried three different ones until I gave up on that. Now it's on to the tuning. I can't thank you guys enough for all the help.
deleted the front o2's?
Old 03-29-2011, 08:05 PM
On The Tree

Yup. Actually I'm having some problems with the idle being really low now and the predator doesn't let me raise it anymore. Its a pita, but hopefully I can get this resolved soon.
Old 03-30-2011, 10:41 PM
On The Tree

Ok, The problem is officially fixed. We found a bend that was a bit kinked coming up from the intercooler to the intake. we fixed that and got it strapped to the dyno and after about an hour of two we got 445 horses to the wheels with 502ft. lb of torque. this is with only 6 pounds of boost and the wideband reading 10.6. Boost controller and meth inj. coming soon. Thanks again for all the help and suggestions you guys have given.
Old 03-31-2011, 12:44 AM
TECH Resident

Ok, The problem is officially fixed. We found a bend that was a bit kinked coming up from the intercooler to the intake. we fixed that and got it strapped to the dyno and after about an hour of two we got 445 horses to the wheels with 502ft. lb of torque. this is with only 6 pounds of boost and the wideband reading 10.6. Boost controller and meth inj. coming soon. Thanks again for all the help and suggestions you guys have given.
what!! huge numbers man, what all is done besides the turbo?

I've got mine narrowed down to cylinder 4 is the only one misfiring (and is completely slowing me down) I swapped out the coil pack- still misfires, swapped out the plug wire-still misfires. I'm going to pull the plug out and inspect it, though it is new.. I'm hoping it is nothing serious... not looking good though

Mine still misfires on all cylinders randomly at idle, but I'm not too concerned with that
Old 03-31-2011, 07:52 PM
On The Tree

what!! huge numbers man, what all is done besides the turbo?

I've got mine narrowed down to cylinder 4 is the only one misfiring (and is completely slowing me down) I swapped out the coil pack- still misfires, swapped out the plug wire-still misfires. I'm going to pull the plug out and inspect it, though it is new.. I'm hoping it is nothing serious... not looking good though

Mine still misfires on all cylinders randomly at idle, but I'm not too concerned with that
I have a tb converter on it, but that's about it. I bought a zo6 cam and springs, but I did not want to get to work on that until I got the bugs worked out. Are you pulling any codes?
Old 03-31-2011, 09:24 PM
TECH Resident

I have a tb converter on it, but that's about it. I bought a zo6 cam and springs, but I did not want to get to work on that until I got the bugs worked out. Are you pulling any codes?
nope.. just the same P0171 P0173 lean codes.. and went I go WOT I can monitor the misfires and the only one that acts up is cylinder 4
Old 03-31-2011, 11:15 PM
On The Tree

nope.. just the same P0171 P0173 lean codes.. and went I go WOT I can monitor the misfires and the only one that acts up is cylinder 4
On mine, it was cylinders 2,4,and 6. I thought for sure that it was me eating **** and went lean boosting it as soon as it was together. My tuner took care of all that. Have you called Nelson Performance? I'm sure they could help you out. Keep us posted.

Quick Reply: HELP! random cylinder misfire after turbo/pcm install