FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

HELP! random cylinder misfire after turbo/pcm install

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 03:13 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I figured out the cylinder 4 misfire, it was a tight fit for the metal sleeve that goes around the spark plug wire- and because the sleeve could not properly fit into the spark plug housing on the block it was preventing a full connection of the spark plug wire and the spark plug. I took out the metal sleeve and just plugged the wire in w/ out it and didn't misfire once (still running like **** randomly at idle though)
Old 04-02-2011, 09:28 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TXjeepTJ
I figured out the cylinder 4 misfire, it was a tight fit for the metal sleeve that goes around the spark plug wire- and because the sleeve could not properly fit into the spark plug housing on the block it was preventing a full connection of the spark plug wire and the spark plug. I took out the metal sleeve and just plugged the wire in w/ out it and didn't misfire once (still running like **** randomly at idle though)
Well, It's a good thing that you got that out of the way. Try to give Nelson performance a call on Monday if you can. I'm sure that the misfire can get tuned out. I have mine running real smooth now, but damn I'm wasting alot more gas. I guess it's part of the game.
Old 04-03-2011, 02:53 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by dirtdiggler02
Well, It's a good thing that you got that out of the way. Try to give Nelson performance a call on Monday if you can. I'm sure that the misfire can get tuned out. I have mine running real smooth now, but damn I'm wasting alot more gas. I guess it's part of the game.
Yeah, no front o2's seems like it would chug gas like crazy

I drove a Jeep Wrangler w/ a LS1 in it from New Orleans to Houston w/ no front o2's and I spent about $400 in gas lol