FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

HELP! Turbo truck not running right

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2013, 07:35 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP! Turbo truck not running right

Hey guys my 06 Sierra is lq4 swapped with a 70mm magnum turbo..PCV reroute, catch can, check/PCV valve, and black bear tuned (other mods in sig). At full throttle the truck stutters and bogs down real bad and won't go over 3k Rpms and blows a faint bit of black smoke. I had a vacuum leak and fixed that now the only things I can think of causing it is the 2 o2 sensors are in the driver side to log manifold piping so the passenger side isn't being read, and I have an exhaust leak on my passenger side mani. If y'all need any further Info please let me know! I'm at a loss. Would ask Justin but it takes him a damn week to email anyone back
Old 08-28-2013, 07:53 PM
I have a gauge for that

Received 391 Likes on 261 Posts

Needs tuning work...and fix that exhaust leak.
Old 08-28-2013, 07:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Check the plug wires...ohm them out.
Old 08-28-2013, 08:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Exhaust leak has quite alot to do with that. Get it fixed ASAP and give us an update!
Old 08-28-2013, 08:05 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by BGERALD
Hey guys my 06 Sierra is lq4 swapped with a 70mm magnum turbo..PCV reroute, catch can, check/PCV valve, and black bear tuned (other mods in sig). At full throttle the truck stutters and bogs down real bad and won't go over 3k Rpms and blows a faint bit of black smoke. I had a vacuum leak and fixed that now the only things I can think of causing it is the 2 o2 sensors are in the driver side to log manifold piping so the passenger side isn't being read, and I have an exhaust leak on my passenger side mani. If y'all need any further Info please let me know! I'm at a loss. Would ask Justin but it takes him a damn week to email anyone back
dude my story is just like yours. t72 kbracing and i have same exact problem. truck sputters and boggs after about 6psi as it builds boost. bank 1 going lean. i have been working with justin and done everything so far. i've changed all coil packs, re checked the br7 plugs. the plug wires are new but i checked them. they are granatelli. checked for vacuum leaks, and i am also running a catch can by rev extreme. Im on a 2bar speed density tune and we cant figure it out but we are making progress. before i couldnt even drive the truck and now i can drive just not WOT. IT runs good out of boost and up to about 6-7psi. if i find something out tomorrow i will shoot the info to you or give u any gouge i have. Im curious as to how others are tuning since o2's like to fight one another. good luck man
Old 08-28-2013, 08:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by BGERALD
under boost?? not under boost?? rear mount or front mount?
Old 08-28-2013, 08:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sounds like you just need a good street tune. You cant rely on a mail order tune for a turbo setup. Fix all your leaks and get a real tune and youll be good to go
Old 08-28-2013, 09:07 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by whippled 8.1l build
under boost?? not under boost?? rear mount or front mount?
its a front mount. both the t70 and t72. both under boost.
Old 08-28-2013, 09:47 PM
Truck Sponsor

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

Who built the kit?
Why are both o2's in one bank?
Move the pass one to the down pipe.
Old 08-28-2013, 09:51 PM
Staging Lane

Yup t70 front mount. I'll fix the exhaust leak and put new plugs and wires on. I have oml 10mm plug wires with 5k on the and denso TT iridium plugs. Y'all don't think the o2 sensors are fighting each other? The passenger side engine isn't being read at all. I can drive it but at wot it won't do ****. Also, I have an autocal so I send Justin tunes anytime he needs it.

Quick Reply: HELP! Turbo truck not running right