It's a one off kit..homemade. That's what I planned on doing tomorrow
Old 08-28-2013, 10:37 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TrickPerformanceProducts
Who built the kit?
Why are both o2's in one bank?
Move the pass one to the down pipe.
kb, o2's are on different banks. one one driver side and one on downpipe. i think its a tuning issue as well, just gotta figure out whats causing it. maybe ve tables are way out or what but im no tuner, just have basic knowledge so i couldnt say. im sure as soon as one gets fixed so will all the rest. just a matter of time and patience.
Old 08-29-2013, 12:46 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by mongooseboy000
kb, o2's are on different banks. one one driver side and one on downpipe. i think its a tuning issue as well, just gotta figure out whats causing it. maybe ve tables are way out or what but im no tuner, just have basic knowledge so i couldnt say. im sure as soon as one gets fixed so will all the rest. just a matter of time and patience.
Does yours have a rough idle? Check on the passenger side of the intake mani, there's a little nipple that sticks out..make sure it's not broken off causing vacuum/boost leak.
Old 08-29-2013, 01:16 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by BGERALD
Does yours have a rough idle? Check on the passenger side of the intake mani, there's a little nipple that sticks out..make sure it's not broken off causing vacuum/boost leak.
idle is spot on and so is driveability. everything is fine until i slowly start rolling in the throttle and hit about 8psi or if i go WOT and then the coughing and sputtering happens. lol
Old 08-29-2013, 01:24 AM
Staging Lane

i used to have a problem like that.. good idle, good driveability.. sputter on wot... in my case.. a bad injector
Old 08-29-2013, 07:32 AM
TECH Apprentice

im with pat sounds like either a bad injector or loss of fuel pressure or the tune isnt commanding enough fuel for the boost level
Old 08-29-2013, 09:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Mongoose, your o2 placement is not correct. You need them both pre turbine, one on each bank. The one you have in the downpipe is ready both banks. That probably your problem. You put a wideband o2 in the downpipe, not one of the stock narrowbands
Old 08-29-2013, 09:43 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by o2camaross
Mongoose, your o2 placement is not correct. You need them both pre turbine, one on each bank. The one you have in the downpipe is ready both banks. That probably your problem. You put a wideband o2 in the downpipe, not one of the stock narrowbands
If u put it pre turbine on a single setup, it'll either read both banks or just the driver side depending on placement.
Old 08-29-2013, 09:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

That depends on your hot pipes. If it's a log setup, there is no way to read each bank separately. If it's a manifold setup like mine I can read each bank independently. But I don't use o2's anyway lol
Old 08-29-2013, 09:52 AM
Staging Lane

Forgot to add: when I first finished the turbo build I got it out and boosted it to a little over 5k (almost 9 pounds but not redlined) and it ran and drove great. It would get down and move. Well, started heading home and when I got into overdrive it through a lean code and started sputtering bad every couple seconds or so. Sort of like a short jolt. It got progressively worse as I drove. I got to the house and pulled the turbo mani and my gasket was almost completely burned up. I put a felpro in its place and it still has a small leak so I'm headed to the dealer now to get oem mls gaskets. It still throws a lean code. I can clear it with my autocal and the instant I start building boost the lean code pops up.

Quick Reply: HELP! Turbo truck not running right