FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Here I go thinkin

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2012, 01:19 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Here I go thinkin

I've been on here very seldom since Billy passed. Just isn't the same to me. Like a bad reminder that I knew each time I go on here, my friend won't be. Hopefully I can remember the good times, live in present, & look to future. He can never be replaced cause people can't, his knowledge, humor, friendly joking round. One of a kind.
While not the way I planned to start my thread, cause, well, I did. He was a great friend to me on here, the phone, & when were to meet up for a race that'll never happen.
There are still good friends on here I've made, talk to still & they can joke w/. me too. That said, & I had to say the above, let's begin (& he'd want that anyway).

But I'll try to step back into my home - PT.

So I'll step back how? Very subtle. My mods list will tell. In red.

Before it said after cam results. Here we go...

Last edited by fastnblu; 08-02-2012 at 01:25 AM.
Old 08-02-2012, 01:38 AM
11 Second Hall Moniter

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Welcome back buddy. We have some new smilies! Did you see them?

I think I see what you did there, on your sig.
Old 08-02-2012, 01:52 AM
TECH Senior Member

Start Radix.
Go head Pat & Tim. I'm ready, let it fly.

Fuel pump upgrade. Tank's on E, so it's light enough for me alone to drop down, no jack. Smart move.
Get's ugly. Couldn't get Evap return off FP module, Go to dealer, tank in my bro's van. Since they said 1 line was disc., & I figured pricey, I wanted the right 1, whichever it may be. That is, if I destroy removin (or here, not).
Was told they weren't designed to come off.
Well how does a dealer remove a F/P?
Tech said it's likely $40. Just an evap return & maybe I'd need to snip nylon line off where it attaches to metal. BTW, it's $75; yet I figured $120 by normal dealer pricing.

Learned as I got to dealer, but thought tech could get it since I drove that far; AKlow said to remove - push it on like you're actually installing it. Thanks Roger. Once home, lubed & did that, wedge tank against tire so it doesn't move, lube it, & my brother twists the daylights outta it, off it comes.

Let's just move on. Stupid fuel pump locking ring rusted on. had to destroy it, got new today. Anyone that has to do, it's like $12.75, & if u don't live in Rustbelt, u might have easier removal.
Old 08-02-2012, 01:54 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by AKlowriderZ71
Welcome back buddy. We have some new smilies! Did you see them?

I think I see what you did there, on your sig.
Thanks. Not yet, as I'm supposed to be sleepin, but thought I'd throw this thread out there. Maybe it'll help someone.
I see what u did, Mr. Invisible. Dang mods & admins. Go green!!!

Had debris in tank I picked out like 15-20 little chunks, in gas of course. I'm no slob, just all the bangin on lock ring, & it's removal, inenvitably crud bits.
Movin along, remove wires off connectors, can't separate buckets. Pat by told me regulator resists u, then I got it off right after we talked. Get pump out, fumble thru after figuring some things out. Brother says call Magnacharger, big white zip tie needed to keep pump up not here. Maggie - u have manual for SUV, I saw 03-06, then 1500 Avy, Burb, Hoe, & another. I thought it meant, pickup was part of 1500 on frt cover pg. Emailed to me to get new, correct manual for PICKUP - misunderstood my name. Resolve, & 70pgs. later, while printer runs outta inks.
New lock ring going on, a nightmare w/. rusty module top. Vacuum around area to get loose rust buildup off.

Now it's time to to connect nyon lines to module so I can put tank up & move to engine. My next oldest of these 2 brothers, the brute brother, not brother helping me today (it was me mostly on day 1), twists the big Evap return. I see yellow o-ring shear off a chunk of o-ring. Another that was off smallest, I can't find. So tomorrow, to dealer, for new o-rings (actually 9 of them 3 ea. line - the feed, return & Evap return). They've this little C or if you prefer, U channel-like clips, I bellieve this is color as it relates to line type...
1) inlet is red/burgundy ~1/4"
2) outlet or return ~5/16"
3) big, black evap return in middle is slightly differ., but a pain ~1/2" or so.

O-rings for module - nylon lines, each group of 3 has a dark grn., yellow & a black o-ring. The black may be o-ring / washer como. Whatever it is.
Apparently they expand w/. use, & maybe that's why I couldn't reattach these nylon lines to module or if preferred, assembly.
Meaning red, blue & Evap return clips fought me whole way. They will not push on when installed, as there are 3 lines, meaning connector at each end. 3x2 = 6. I got 1 done.

Not sure how far they slide on to secure, but perhaps if I know that, I can get them on. Ideas or tips welcome.
Cause when done, tank goes up & motor side begins. Even tho this would be a great time to fix Evap Canister Purge Solenoid that shuts off gas pump & causes me fits. 15 min to pump $40-50 of gas.

Thus far, it's been a bad deal, frustrating almost every step.

Last edited by fastnblu; 08-02-2012 at 03:24 AM. Reason: addded info.
Old 08-02-2012, 02:06 AM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Received 773 Likes on 639 Posts

In for the results of the Radix...

BTW, we like sneaking up on you!!!
Old 08-02-2012, 03:55 AM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey Tom welcome back man!!

Don't worry it won't all go bad, your luck will change and it will be worth it, you'll have a truck that runs as good as it handles!

We'll be here to help along the way.
Old 08-02-2012, 04:10 AM
Admin

Received 217 Likes on 173 Posts

Hey there he is, welcome back man.
Old 08-02-2012, 06:35 AM
Hunt&Fisherator

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Tom!! Where ya been hiding stranger?!

MUCH easier to pick up the bed man, I'll never fight gas tank straps again unless its to remove a tank for good and replace with a cell.

Keep at it, it'll be worth it once everything's in one piece and running again.
Old 08-02-2012, 01:57 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by silver-mod-o
MUCH easier to pick up the bed man
This is the only way to do it. Ready to see this radix finally make it out of the box!!
Old 08-02-2012, 03:01 PM
TECH Addict

Received 57 Likes on 35 Posts

stay patient and keep at it, working on older rusty stuff sucks i know..
funny your doing this now, i was just looking thru old threads as im thinking i might go old school and get a radix as well, so i thought id msg you and see if you ever did it, slow poke..

Quick Reply: Here I go thinkin