FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Here I go thinkin

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2012, 10:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by silver-mod-o
Tom!! Where ya been hiding stranger?!

MUCH easier to pick up the bed man, I'll never fight gas tank straps again unless its to remove a tank for good and replace with a cell.

Keep at it, it'll be worth it once everything's in one piece and running again.
Ben, 1st post kinda tells. Just busy w/. life too, I guess. bummed out hearing how it should b on, yet I don't have a good place to work but 1 of my brothers' house. Long story there, so I'll skip it & let's move fwd.

I was gonna pull bed but thought I'd be doin myself everything, so changed it up to droppin a mostly on E tank. Straps weren't bad really, just a little tight near Hotchkis dogbone.

Originally Posted by skolman91
stay patient and keep at it, working on older rusty stuff sucks i know..
funny your doing this now, i was just looking thru old threads as im thinking i might go old school and get a radix as well, so i thought id msg you and see if you ever did it, slow poke..
Agreed on rust. Root of mostly all my fuel pump upgrade issues. Other than no real LS hands on experience, certainly not on gas tank & pump.

Old school is a Radix?
Funny u said that, my closest brother in age, said today or maybe it was yesterday, said sell Radix & go to a TVS. Not gonna happen.

I got your slow poke hangin.

And u now sport a SSS in Arrival Blue? I've ben away for too long, I wish u'd called me to tell of your new whip. Sweet!!!

Last edited by fastnblu; 08-02-2012 at 10:19 PM. Reason: added to...
Old 08-03-2012, 07:19 AM
TECH Senior Member

So I make it past the wrong install manual (SUV) sent & get correct PICKUP version.
Past lock ring going on, a nightmare w/. rusty module top.

To connect nylon lines to module to put tank up. Big yellow o-ring minor tear. Another smaller, I can't find. GM dealer doesn't sell new o-rings separate. (actually a yellow o-ring, special groove plastic washer that looks like an o-ring, & lastly. a dark green o-ring. on ea. line - the feed, return & Evap return). The little C shaped retainer or if you prefer, U channel-like clips, color as it relates to line type...
1) inlet is red/burgundy 5/16"
2) outlet or return 3/8"
3) big, black evap return in middle is slightly different, 5/8".

O-rings for module - nylon lines, each group of 3 has a dark grn., yellow & a black o-ring. They expand w/. fuel contact I read, & I couldn't reattach these nylon lines to module or if preferred, assembly.
Meaning red, blue & Evap return clips fought me whole way. They will not push on when installed, as there are 3 lines, meaning connector at each end. 3x2 = 6.

They slide on to secure. I asked for ideas or tips welcome. Most I talked to at GM dealer never saw this o-ring 3 pk nor good people I know on PT. Why?
Cause most of u don't have rusty top to deal w/.
That is casue of it all. I went to NAPA to get fuel line repair kit thanks to Roger. Went to a shop I know, buddy told me a piece of connector was comin apart. That's why I couldn't connect lines back on; somethin most of y'all never dealt w/.
Translation: u don't live in Rustbelt.

My buddy attaches pc. that separated, had it done inside 20 min. maybe. Likely being generous on that number. We scavenged o-rings needed from NAPA new part to make it work. Problem solved. I hope no one ever has to go thru this.
BTW, some lines are already discontinued.

Yes, Evap Canister Purge Solenoid that shuts off gas pump & causes me fits, like 15 min to pump $40-50 of gas. Iblew out lines before puttin tank in, it did nothin. But another day on that issue.

Yes, frustrating almost every step thus far.

Tank done, leak test. Key on, no start 2sec, 10 sec off, 2 on, shut off. No issue. Filled w/. 1/4 tank premium. Ouch!!! $4.29/ Gal.

It runs. Next up...
Old 08-03-2012, 07:33 AM
Admin

Received 217 Likes on 173 Posts

Next up???

Damn 4.29 a gal!
Old 08-04-2012, 04:03 AM
TECH Senior Member

Man, I gotta tell ya. To go from wrong manual (SUV) sent by Maggie to a 70 pg. manual that again was not correct. not totally, but kinda better, while for a truck, it was also for a TVS not a Radix. In 1 of my several calls that followed to Maggie, I asked why send the TVS version, was told it was for fuel pump detail.
Still, a little baffled bout that, but why not exactly the 1 that I need?
Old 08-04-2012, 11:22 AM
TECH Addict

Received 57 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by fastnblu
And u now sport a SSS in Arrival Blue? I've ben away for too long, I wish u'd called me to tell of your new whip. Sweet!!!
yea not by choice tho, somebody pulled out infront of me and my other truck, wasnt pretty.. sss sorta took its place
Old 08-05-2012, 12:33 AM
TECH Senior Member

Today, only did a little wiring & solder intercooler pump wire harness work, little done cause I had to work.
Still gotta do heat exchanger mounting to my 40K cooler mounts I made. Run I/C hoses & some other tidbits.
Tune needs to be done.
Old 08-05-2012, 12:59 AM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Received 773 Likes on 639 Posts

interested to see how you mount the 40K
Old 08-05-2012, 07:36 AM
TECH Senior Member

40K cooler was on before, u knew that, right?
I mounted on A-frame just like those EAD brkts. that many on here used. I just know have to mount to same brkt I made. I may have to fab 2 more L's to so no interference w/. TruCool 40K itself. We'll see.

Tuning has me concerned. My usual local tuner is about 25-35 miles away. No answer message like it did when I lasted utilized his tuning. He said he might close back in Jan. '12, so know I'm a little worried. I gotta get my truck to play nice w/. not only Radix, but cam, trans, & other tuning done prior to blower.

Not many local tuners I know of, esp. competent tuners. I don't want my truck any longer than necessary for 2 reasons - it's in someone's garage & I want it done.

I don't have weeks to wait therefore for a tuner to dial it in, but I also want it right. And so my truck doesn't come apart.

Might just have to learn this HPT a little more in depth. I wanted to anyway, but subtle tweaks, not tuning for a supercharger. I wanted to step into the water, not dive in. Intimidates me to say the least.

Last edited by fastnblu; 08-05-2012 at 08:14 AM. Reason: Added info.
Old 08-05-2012, 10:01 AM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Received 773 Likes on 639 Posts

Well you said you were making brackets so I figured you moved it for an inner cooler or something.

I know how you feel about the tuning. I bought my tuning suite for the same reason's but I have the same concerns about jumping in the deep end. I am still in the Kiddie pool. Fortunately we have great guys like Pat That have forced induction and the same software so he may be able to offer you some assistance if your un-sure.
Old 08-05-2012, 07:52 PM
Admin

Received 217 Likes on 173 Posts

I dont know what the hell I am doing, I just guess. lol

Tom- Your current tune, what is it setup for? Is the Radix, fuel pump and Injectors the only changes that need tuned for? Do you plan to run with or without a MAF?

Quick Reply: Here I go thinkin