Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

long tubes what brand?

conveter what kind what model ?
dont know much about converters

tune at katy got that one right.....thanks

cams wich ones...........?
it compilcated to isntall? or should i get professional done

nitrous ???????????????????????????? how u even use that with out blowing some thing
/
ama go buy this stuff today need to be ready for monday or tuesday
Old 04-07-2010, 09:21 AM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

We still need more info on your truck......
ECSB: Extended Cab Short Bed
RCSB: Regular Cab Short Bed
2WD/4WD?

Running a 5.0l mustang isn't really all that hard. I did that with my 4.3l ECSB Sonoma with e fans, cat back, cold air intake, hypercrap tune and a heavy right foot. Pulled half a car on take off and quarter panel on 1-2 shift and started pulling away in 3rd.

NOS will get you their quick but do your basic bolt-ons first. FULL exhaust with long tube headers (no shorties) and a good 3" exhaust out back. Definatly get a cold air intake (cai), e-fans a custom tune from one of the board sponsors or ones mentioned previously. don't waist time and money on trottle body spacers, coils, high dollar wires, tornados, etc. do your research BEFORE buying performance parts. There are MANY MANY stickies on this site with dyno before and after tests and people that have used parts and were not happy with results. a built trans with a 2600-3000 stall would wake your truck up but im not sure it would make much difference without doing your basics first.

Keep in mind an engine is just a complex air pump. Air goes in and Air goes out. The easier you can make the engine do that the more HP it will make.

EDIT: I noticed you posted right before I posted. If your trying to get this all done by monday tuesday....good luck . Take your time and do things right. You'll be disapointed if you rush things and end up blowing an engine or making some costly mistakes.

Last edited by Sc00by; 04-07-2010 at 09:27 AM.
Old 04-07-2010, 09:27 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you got to do it by Monday, throw some colder plugs in it, tune it for nitrous and spray the hell out of it. It should hold a 150 shot without tearing anything up and take out the mustang. Find out what year the mustang is, the 94/95s really need some better tuning and better heads to run. The older fox bodies run faster with the same mods.
Old 04-07-2010, 09:40 AM
Staging Lane

my truck is a escb.....i guess ama slow down and do things right maybe in 1 or 2 ill be ready he really talks down on chevy but i guess ill fight him first than race lol

its a 93-i/h/e nos something about bored out but when he turs thst **** on is loud like a mudder he took on a new g35 and the regular mustang 0 4.0 but maybe that just his mouth talking ****>>>>>>>
Old 04-07-2010, 09:46 AM
Staging Lane

my info

2003 silvrado escb

4.8l

2wd

every thing stock,,,,,,,,,v
Old 04-07-2010, 09:53 AM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man you have alot of reading to do.
Old 04-07-2010, 10:13 AM
TECH Resident

Your going to blow 2,500 dollars to beat some dumbass kid???? LOL look in the clasifieds and look for a used procharger kit.
Old 04-07-2010, 10:30 AM
I hate my cats

Everything said above is the direction you need to go. However, increasing your horsepower by 50-60 percent is gonna eventually break something. If you search for the username fastnblu, his logic is too build the drivetrain before you start making real power. It also can't hurt to pull out your backseat, tow hitch, spare, and tailgate. A modded Mustang is a pretty easy way to go fast, it takes a bit more creativity to do it with a truck. But there's huge potential in the truck LS engines, way more than a 4.6 or 5.0 Ferd. Stang bangers are oftentimes idiots, so don't take them too seriously. Their parents are usually cousins.
Old 04-07-2010, 10:32 AM
Staging Lane

also... in highschool, typically if u punch someone right square in the mouth n lay them out in front of the whole lunch room normally they keep there mouth shut after that lol..
Old 04-07-2010, 10:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ang3l
sorry mines an 2003................but i whent to a shop they told me they would upgrade the trans for 1500 something about overhaul level 1......................\

what kind of gears ,,,,, conveter..............what nos kit to use it would do alot of harm to trannss and enigne? am new to the go fast stuff

whats a 4.8 03 whp

sorry am at school computer

Buy the rebuild kit your self and just pay for labor, i Beleive someone mentioned a pt.net member. Contact him first

Last edited by pasadenaman; 04-07-2010 at 12:06 PM.

Quick Reply: how can i out run a 5.0 mustang