FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

how can i out run a 5.0 mustang

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 02:09 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Im guessing your still in HS. SLOW DOWN!!!! You are getting WAY ahead of yourself! We can tell your trying to get an answer ASAP but horsepower does not operate like that. We can tell this by your post of numbered items you want done to your truck where you listed number 1 is a Diablo programmer and then listed number 5 as a tune or programmer. Again……SLOW DOWN! You will save yourself a lot of headaches if you just read the forums. Just trust us on this! Browse through the stickys and read what interests you. We all want to go fast and we all want it done now BUT it can't be done reliably that way. If you would read the fourms and hang around you will get the results you desperately want.

You just joined this month….well we are on day 7 so welcome.

I will give you a little heads up on your list you posted to help you get started. EVERYONE will have a different opinion on this but this is the direction I have gone with two vehicles and it works for me. Do not get a programmer/tune for your first mod. They work best if your exhaust/intake is freed up for them to work their magic. That being said work on intake and a exhaust as your first mods, (ie: long tube headers, y-pipe/h-pipe/x-pipe depending if you want true duals or not and a cat back or custom exhaust). That alone is going to take more time than your Monday Tuesday goal. When you mod your exhaust and use long tube headers you may run into issues with your O2 sensors. You will need a tune to fix that. Just take some time and start following posts. Here is a sticky that is located in the GM Engine & Exhaust Performance section of this website. Read it. It has a TON of useful knowledge that may really help you reach your goal…..
https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...d.php?t=414374

And yes a tune is based on air/fuel ratio but that’s not all. Adding a y-pipe so you can put two air filters on will not help any. And adding bigger injectors on an engine that is not ready for it is a COMPLETE waist of money.

Please don’t take this post as being rude or impatient as it is not meant to be that way. It is meant to drive home the importance of doing your research before jumping into the addictive hobby of horsepower. We wish you luck and hope to take our advice on this. You have a strong platform to start with and its proven with the multiple people on this site with the 4.8l V8 putting down some really impressive numbers.
Old 04-07-2010, 02:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ang3l
ahahahahahahaha thats true the worst part i have him for 3 classes so is just a matter of time ill kick his *** ford vs chevy fight lol

1.diablo progrramer

2.long tubes headers

3.intake

4.e fans? do they work good????????????????

5.tune and programer or just one???????????

6.2/4 drop

7.gears wich ones????????

8.tune up royal purple

9. a bunch of starburst on his gas thank and i should be fine right??????

...............................a tune is based on air to fuel ratio correct if i put a y pipe and put 2 air filters in a cold area and bigger ingectors would it respond better to the hp tune............???????????????????
bigger injectors wont do anything for you, at all.

Get a tune, not a programmer.
Long tubes will help.
efans I like because of how easy it is to work on the engine after but they arent going to make a big difference in performance.

Originally Posted by blueflamed03
are we sure it's a 5.0 not a 4.6?
If he went to 3.73, small cam like an B303 or E303, 5 speed and spray, he may be hard to catch. Basic bolt ons can put them into 12's. stripped they can only weight 3000-3200 lbs, so he has the weight advantage already and if he has a 5 speed, even more.
The kid is a highschool **** talker trying to get a race with a 4.8 truck so Im guessing the car is bone stock with an air filter and flowmaster cat back like everybody and their brothers fox body. lol
Old 04-07-2010, 02:20 PM
11 Second Truck Club

Kids got spray, so unless he is a total idiot the car is probably in the 13's...
Old 04-07-2010, 02:32 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Buy an S10 and spray it.....
Old 04-07-2010, 02:53 PM
Staging Lane

ok i guess ama wait just search and search thanks well howmuch is it getting stock right now to the wheel?????

there no point in rushing this personaly i like the 4.8 it has alot of room but ama need yas help ok thanks..........this how ama do this

1.e fans

2.cams

3.air intake

4.headers

5.ehaust

6.really good tune

7.pulleys

8.trans work

that sound like a plan for me am going to take my time so if any one has any parts that they upgradet and there in good condition ill buy thanks for yas help am going to do this and nothing else have to safe for colleage

if any one has part to drop or performancein good condition let me know thanks...............advance
Old 04-07-2010, 03:06 PM
11 Second Truck Club

http://cgi.ebay.com/Hooked-on-Phonic...item20b041b148

I would pick this up first...
Old 04-07-2010, 04:07 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by MPFD

OK now I think we are just being f-ed with.
Old 04-07-2010, 05:22 PM
GFYS and STFU

Wow...at least he seemed to of slowed down a bit. Do yourself a favor kid and call or get a hold of Wheatly

http://www.gowheatley.com/

He's a member on here, well respected and maybe he can get you to calm down and chill out. He'll help you with the basics and get you to where you wanna be and won't waste your time.
Old 04-07-2010, 08:10 PM
On The Tree

He is probly going to do all this stuff to his fathers 4.8L truck without him even knowing!
Old 04-07-2010, 08:13 PM
TECH Addict

If all you are going to do is a few runs with the mustang I say get a wet plate nitrous kit and hit it with a 125 or 150 shot with a good tune. Take out the spare tire, jack, and tailgate. Race from a 30 ish roll so you can have some traction. That should get em

Quick Reply: how can i out run a 5.0 mustang