FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

How hard would it be to boost control a centri blower

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 08:26 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That sounds like a cheap, but effective, easy way, if you get it to works right..

John
Old 11-12-2008, 07:17 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is the boost curve that you're trying to achieve?
Old 11-17-2008, 01:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

I understand what you're asking. I actually saw someone that was doing this about a year ago in MM&FF on one of the older body style Mustangs. They had an F1 head unit I believe with a pulley size to generate somewhere in the neighborhood of 30 psi. They'd hooked up a wastegate with an electronic boost controller hooked into the aftermarket EFI setup they were using to vent the boost pressure down to something like 15psi on the street and still run pump gas. Than at the track with a simple flip of the switch the boost controller changed to run the 30 psi and race gas. They were having no added stress on the head unit because it was always spinning where it would normally be making power but the power would come in sooner since the supercharger was "thinking" it was already boosting at near idle.
Old 11-17-2008, 02:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

A guy did the same thing with a c5 vette as well. Look on Ls1tech and do a search. There was a post of this not to long ago. I have looked at doing this as well. A while back a guy did it to a Cobra mustang and said it was unreal. The boost was instant. He ended up wrecking the car on the express way by mashing the gas at 70 and the car broke loose and hit the median wall. Sounded like it worked awesome up to that point..
Old 11-17-2008, 02:52 PM
Baltimore Whore

Originally Posted by tt460
What is the boost curve that you're trying to achieve?
Trying to get boost, a lil off idle, instead of waiting till the upper RPMs to build it...

Thanks guys, I will look into it..

John
Old 11-17-2008, 07:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It will certainly work I was going to do this on my c5, but I ended up selling it and not installing the mods so I could buy a truck. I will look and see if I can find the articles I had on it for you. It needs to be done exactly like you said, you got everything down it sounds like, and on the more heat issue... you are also venting a good amount of air which would directly be lowering the iat to negate the extra heat created. My only worry would be that you are only running the p1 head unit, and it may run outta steam at a lower psi then you are wanting.
Old 11-17-2008, 07:39 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mangled03gmc
trying to get boost, a lil off idle, instead of waiting till the upper rpms to build it...

Thanks guys, i will look into it..

John
tvs!!
Old 11-17-2008, 07:42 PM
Baltimore Whore

Originally Posted by XLR8NSS
tvs!!
Hahaha $$$$$$$$$$$$$ too much for me homez... Plus I like the PC cause there not supposed to be good for big ole trucks Wheres my 12 sec title you????

John
Old 11-17-2008, 09:16 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mangled03gmc
Hahaha $$$$$$$$$$$$$ too much for me homez... Plus I like the PC cause there not supposed to be good for big ole trucks Wheres my 12 sec title you????

John
Quick and easy deal would be to throw a restrictor plate on the inlet side of the blower.
Old 11-17-2008, 09:21 PM
Baltimore Whore

Originally Posted by XLR8NSS
Quick and easy deal would be to throw a restrictor plate on the inlet side of the blower.
That has come to mind, but duno how the wheel would like that. Also I don't think it would jive, it wouldn't be able to get tha air it needs to boost... hmmm

John

Quick Reply: How hard would it be to boost control a centri blower