FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

How many have gone from radix to turbo?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 07:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question How many have gone from radix to turbo?

Just wondering,any reason why and what is the difference like?
Old 01-13-2009, 07:16 PM
Hunt&Fisherator

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

If you're ever up this way, I'd be more than happy to give you a ride and even drive my ext cab... The power is just completely different...

One myth is that you have no bottom end with a turbo, which is completeky wrong, the properly sized turbo/stall/gear will get you all the power out of the hole you can handle... And will still pull hard as hell up top.
Old 01-13-2009, 07:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Where are u located?as a matter of fact i was reading old post and you had a radix before right?112?
How much lbs u pushing on that turbo?
Old 01-13-2009, 07:29 PM
Launching!

I changed over to the darkside as well.
Old 01-13-2009, 07:32 PM
Hunt&Fisherator

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

No, I ran n/a, nitrous and now a turbo... I never owned a radix. But I've driven a few radix trucks all setup differently, true, they do have brutal torque out of the hole, but they all seem to flatline around the same time.... My turbo still blew the tires off at will but pulled like crazy well past 130mph.....
Old 01-13-2009, 07:37 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I've always wanted to try a turbo setup out but, just can't get away from these damn magnachargers.

Only thing I'll say is the TVS blowers don't fall off like the 112 seemed to do. I'd like to at least drive a similar turbo setup to something I have to compare the two power adders.

Other than that I'm checking out, not trying to get this thread off topic or anything.
Old 01-13-2009, 07:41 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i was running a whipple at 9-10psi on a 6.0, thats probbably pretty close to an intercooled radix at 7psi. i had to re do the tune before it ran hard at all.

with the whipple you could get boost in the driveway with just a quick rev. riped off the line especialy with a mild stall. great daily driver with almost no maitainace required. at the time i thought it pulled well from the bottom to the top.

then later with a new truck i got a t76 front mount kit on a 6.0 and stated out around 9psi intercooled.. the top end is like taking off in a 737, it just pulls and pulls hard forever. you can punch it at 130mph and it still puts you back.

negatives for me... ,more frequent oil changes with good oil, cracked header after about a year, pcv set up that didn't work very well, too easy to turn up. boost did lag a little if you punched it from an idle. if you had a sec or two to brake boost it like you do when you are drag racing then it took off hard. you have to step up to a really large turbo before lag becomes an issue, like a pt88 on a 6.0.
Old 01-13-2009, 08:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sambo u got my number,let me know when u come to town so i can take a joy ride.
Im really researching on these turbo kits.
Thanks for the replys
Old 01-13-2009, 09:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a radix and my son has a turbo. I won't be switching any time soon. I'm sure we have similar power numbers, but I know I can run away and hide before he gets more than a few psi of boost. My power is availabe with a tap of the right foot. No lag, no gradual buildup, it's just there. I don't need or want any more than 500 at the wheels. Over that and you get into beefing up everything on the drivetrain plus higher stall converters. I'm running a stock converter....turbos can't do that and hope to keep up. When you get into power levels over 500 and race only apps, you get into a whole 'nother arguement.
Old 01-13-2009, 09:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Just run BOTH!!

Quick Reply: How many have gone from radix to turbo?