FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

How many have gone from radix to turbo?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 02:22 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stock48
I think the Radix is a great product, and I recomend them to people all the time. How ever I won't be thinking about giving up my little T76 until I see a boost only Magnacharger equiped daily driven 4x4 run faster than mid to low 10's, and 60' better than 1.43 @5000' elv 6.0l
Are you running a off the shelf kit or a custom one from Trick? If off the shelf is it their high mount or low mount?
Old 01-14-2009, 02:51 PM
Truck Sponsor

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

Hi mount, Jared does alot of his own tunning, and engine stuff. Port work etc. He does have a trick fresh air intake set up. Pull the front head light, install a piece of hose straight to the turbo.
Here is my input on this.
You can take either set up and make good power the first time. Now do it again, and again and again.
Old 01-14-2009, 02:54 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by silver-mod-o
One myth is that you have no bottom end with a turbo, which is completeky wrong, the properly sized turbo/stall/gear will get you all the power out of the hole you can handle... And will still pull hard as hell up top.
You can't say you have bottom end if your strategy for dealing it is to skip over it entirely (e.g. jumping straight to 3500 RPM with a converter). If you have to get a high-RPM converter then you still have no bottom end.
Old 01-14-2009, 03:00 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I too made the switch. They both have their place in this world......It just so happens a turbos is about 4-5 car lengths ahead of a Radix's
Old 01-14-2009, 03:04 PM
single digit dreamer

Originally Posted by Mr. Sandog
You can't say you have bottom end if your strategy for dealing it is to skip over it entirely (e.g. jumping straight to 3500 RPM with a converter). If you have to get a high-RPM converter then you still have no bottom end.
you have a point but the key to any good set up is having a combo that works well together for what you want to do. for example you dont toss a 230ish duration cam in with a stock stall, it just doesn't work well.

a turbo will build boost at low rpms. it just takes more time. for example going down the highway with a trailer you can see full boost at 1800rpm if there is suficent load. that being said if your looking to drag race it will be a lot easier to get boost off the line if you have a loose converter.

these threads have a way of geting people fired up. i think it is great we have soo many options. the adition of the larger magnacharger compresors is a nice thing. several diferent magna's, front mounts all the way up to a pt88, mid mount, rear mount, twins....

it would be sweet to see someone try a radix along with a nice big turbo. go ahead and twin intercool it too

Last edited by parish8; 01-14-2009 at 03:09 PM.
Old 01-14-2009, 04:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by parish8
you have a point but the key to any good set up is having a combo that works well together for what you want to do. for example you dont toss a 230ish duration cam in with a stock stall, it just doesn't work well.

a turbo will build boost at low rpms. it just takes more time. for example going down the highway with a trailer you can see full boost at 1800rpm if there is suficent load. that being said if your looking to drag race it will be a lot easier to get boost off the line if you have a loose converter.

these threads have a way of geting people fired up. i think it is great we have soo many options. the adition of the larger magnacharger compresors is a nice thing. several diferent magna's, front mounts all the way up to a pt88, mid mount, rear mount, twins....

it would be sweet to see someone try a radix along with a nice big turbo. go ahead and twin intercool it too
Old 01-14-2009, 04:23 PM
How do I change this text

Originally Posted by kbracing96
fugger,,,, I want to be the first one...
Old 01-14-2009, 04:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Wilde Racing
fugger,,,, I want to be the first one...
I MAY want to be the second or third one Depends on how the first one or two fair
Old 01-14-2009, 04:42 PM
TECH Junkie

Another note is, a lot of the turbo 80e guys DO run stock converters.....
Old 01-14-2009, 05:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

I didnt want to get anyone fired up here,im just wanting to get some facts on turbos.soon i will drop a 6.0 in here and ditch the 4.8,maube at that time kb will have a kit for the nnbs

Quick Reply: How many have gone from radix to turbo?