FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

I can finally get outta the show n shine forum.

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2013, 10:41 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I can finally get outta the show n shine forum.

It's taken several months to pull parts together since there was until recently no tuning for 2012 Rams. It's been available since before Christmas but the blower companies have been slow to get anything to market.
I talked with Arrington Performance a lot and was just waiting on them to pull everything together since Dodge released full tuning access to them at SEMA last year. The time finally came about 2 weeks ago and I started ordering parts like a madman.

To get ready I threw on American Racing long tubes with high flow cats. I already had a Magnaflow cat-back on the truck.

It also has the usual bolt-ons. An 87mm throttle body, electric fan, etc.
I ordered a "stage 2" ported 6.1 Hemi intake manifold from Modern Muscle that's also fully polished. Eventually, after I can find a trans that'll last, it's gonna get ported heads and a different cam. I ordered the ported manifold now to build off of later.
[img]

I went with the tuner kit from Procharger with helical cut gears to quieten it down some...the head unit and bracket are fully polished. I'm sending the intercooler out next week to have it polished also.

I got billet fuel rails, injectors and some other odds and ends from Arrington and they'll be doing a full ECM tune on it instead of using the Diablosport Trinity like others are using.
It's going to KP Racing in Houston the 1st week of April for the install. The truck is locked up in a stereo shop for the next few weeks and KP is finishing work on all their Texas Mile customers right now anyway.

I also went ahead and installed the Auto Meter Sport Comp ll gauges. Vac/Boost, Wideband A/F and Fuel Pressure since those were sitting here.
Old 03-10-2013, 10:51 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow looks like a very nice start. What's the over all power goal for the truck? Is it a auto or manual? Short cab or crew? It bet it will run hard all said and done
Looks like your doing it the right way.
Old 03-10-2013, 11:01 AM
TECH Apprentice

It's a RCSB 2012 Ram R/T
Comes stock with a 2600 stall converter and 4:10 gears w/posi
For now power goal is 500-525 at the wheels. I can make more but the trans can't take it.
Once I can get a reliable built trans and the ported heads and cam go in I'll shoot for 600ish. There's just no point right now when I know it'll kill the trans.
Old 03-10-2013, 11:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah I hear ya there. That always seems to be the limits of a build. It always seems like the motor can take so much but even with a built transmission its got or miss. Its crazy cause I've seen some transmission in stock forum last along time. Them so built ones fail quick. Well good luck. I'm a gm guy but a dodge would be my next choice.
Old 03-16-2013, 03:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Grabbed one of these today....52mm Turbosmart Race Port BOV.

Some other parts came in...injectors and Arrington 60lb injectors.

Gotta order some 3" stainless piping to plumb everything then just wait on my slot at KP Racing to open up for the install.
Old 03-16-2013, 04:02 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hell yeh, Looks nice... That BOV will possibly cause flutter, will not be the greatest.. BOV and Bypass valves work differently from each other..
Old 03-16-2013, 04:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

I didn't like the tiny bypass valve ATI supplies and I'm used to working with these BOV's. I think it'll be fine.
There's a couple of them on this thing...that's me on the far left.

Old 03-17-2013, 06:06 AM
On The Tree

um dang that looks fast sitting in the air haha
Old 03-17-2013, 08:34 AM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice looking parts / build you have going on .
Old 03-17-2013, 09:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

gonna be a sick build man!!

Quick Reply: I can finally get outta the show n shine forum.