FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

I think I hydrolocked my LQ4!

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 10:47 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sharpshooter
I pulled all the plugs,all were wet and about 3-6 ounces of meth/water poured out of 7 & 8.

I put a ratchet on the crank and it started turning for a while and then stopped hard.I went back and forth and stops in both directions.Then I could hear something inside was broke.

So it is done!

Now I just have to stop thinking all of the I shoulda-coulda-woulda bullshit and get it back on the road.
I think you have my luck!! Mine only lasted 2929 miles. I bought Mahle pistons and 6.125 rods and had it balanced. Going back together with Stage 3 impeller and new intercooler set up. I have 7 good rods and pistons with only 2929 miles out of a LQ4. Let me know if you need any.
Old 07-13-2010, 11:55 PM
TECH Addict

i almost did this one time when i first installed my meth kit . i was washing the truck and something accidently lodge the test button on and the ignition was on so it flooded my engine . i went to fire it and it didnt fire and noticed the smell of meth so i stopped and looked under and sure enough a ton of meth coming out the cutouts . so i pulled the plugs and turned it over.

sucks you learned that way . good luck with your next choice.
Old 07-14-2010, 12:02 AM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow, I'm really sorry to hear your engine is fuggered but I don't see how your meth was filling the cylinders? Isn't your kit boost referenced? Or like Chase said was your key on and the "test" button jammed against something?
Old 07-14-2010, 09:17 AM
I have a gauge for that

Received 391 Likes on 261 Posts

This thread has really turned me off on the idea of meth....
Old 07-14-2010, 09:22 AM
Hunt&Fisherator

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I'll just stick to nitrous thanks LOL... that really blows when a solid combo is smeared because of a bonehead accident like that... good luck getting her back together.
Old 07-14-2010, 09:41 AM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Atomic
And this is the reason for my question. I see no way that this can even happen with a boost referenced kit like AlkyControl. Unless you are pressing down on the "test" button or in boost over a referenced # (5lbs in my case) meth does NOT come out of the nozzle.

Before you go dissing proven systems and calling "witch" I want to know what the failure is.

Don't misunderstand me, with any added system there can be increased opportunity for failure, simpler the better in most cases but if you start saying Ooooh meth is bad then why even mod your truck? lol, oooh, those cold air intakes cause transmission problems!

To the OP, again, very sorry to hear of this, can you please elaborate how your meth could have flooded the manifold?
Old 07-14-2010, 12:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have a Coolingmist set-up that has a progressive controller.It is controlled by boost.It is a digital set-up where you dial in what boost level you want it to start spraying and at what boost level you want it to be full on spraying.

I've noticed once before when my battery got low it caused the controller to spray when it wasn't suppose to.So this past Sunday I decided to start my truck after playing the radio for a short time to charge my battery because I had no friends with me for a jump.The only problem with the theory is the battery had enough juice to crank the engine multiple times,so I don't know why it decided to spray all 1.5 gallons of meth into my intake.For some reason the the controller malfunctioned.With the radio on and the sound of the ocean I didn't hear it running[meth pump].I wish I would have checked the meth tank level when I realized it seemed like it was flooded as it tried to idle.Hindsight is 20-20,now I just have to fix it.
I'm not against meth,my controller screwed up.
Old 07-14-2010, 12:37 PM
Hello Dave

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That sucks Russ, sorry to hear it. Might want to run a relay on the power source for the meth pump, energized only when the fuel pump is running.
Old 07-14-2010, 12:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You mentioned that your fuel pump check valve is screwed. I'm assuming this because of hard starting due to fuel pressure drop?

Have you checked to make sure you don't have any leaking fuel injectors?

Reason I ask is because I assumed the same thing (fuel pressure drop due to no check valve). Ended up being a stuck injector...hydralocked the motor on startup and broke a flywheel tooth off which saved my rod. Something to check before starting the new motor.
Old 07-14-2010, 01:59 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Atomic
x2... I would think there's always potential for a controller failure no matter which kit you use. Who would think low voltage could cause a controller failure such as this, much less the end result?
Sorry to hear about your bad luck man, perhaps you can use this opportunity to go forged and let the D1 play

Quick Reply: I think I hydrolocked my LQ4!