FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

If you havent seen it, check out the Kennebell Kits!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 08:11 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nightrunner
sounds like some good news

what are you doing for the air intake, using the dryer hose lookin thing that is on the truck on their website
It is good news. And about time, too. For far too long the Radix has been the only real game in town. Now with the big KB blowers on the street, Magnacharger is scrambling to get some size in their line up.

The dryer hose myth...

It's not dryer hose. I've seen it and held it and can speak for certain on this one. It's virtually identical to the high temp silicone brake ducting used on road race cars. Its a hard flexible line that maintains a very nice radius no matter how you bend it. It's almost as good as a regular silicone hose. I am not using it though because I have a full 4 inch ducting set up and the flexible hose included in the kit tapers down to fit the stock MAF.
Old 03-27-2007, 08:20 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by TBSS
You're joking, right? Or you must have some magic fingers....I've tried calling literally dozens of times over the last 3+ years and never once did I get anything but a busy signal. A company that can't afford (or doesn't bother) to have more than one phone line frankly just scares me.
If you don't have the patience for a phone call, then the KB is probably not for you. Why would I lie? Hell, KB doesn't even pay me. Maybe the way to look at it is that KB is a smaller, family-type business that isn't only interested in selling a million of their productS. But I'm only guessing. I'm a satisfied customer so far and don't see that changing anytime soon. And its kind of nice to talk to tech and talk to someone who knows the system because they designed it... not just a glorified salesman or other lightweight that many businesses man the phones with.
Old 03-27-2007, 08:56 PM
? ? ? ? ? ?

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OK, now... Spill the beans and give us some details on your KB install and some feedback. Gonna need some pics as well.

You have a 408, so how many PSI is the KB feeding it right now?

Have you taken a look at their intercooler core and how does it compare to the radix in size? We've seen pics of the outside of their product, but I haven't seen what the internals in the manifold look like.
Old 03-27-2007, 09:15 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BigTex
OK, now... Spill the beans and give us some details on your KB install and some feedback. Gonna need some pics as well.

You have a 408, so how many PSI is the KB feeding it right now?

Have you taken a look at their intercooler core and how does it compare to the radix in size? We've seen pics of the outside of their product, but I haven't seen what the internals in the manifold look like.
It's all coming soon. I'm running super low boost right now while I make sure all is well with the tuning, etc. BTW... the core is bigger and the heat exchanger is too.
Old 03-27-2007, 09:19 PM
? ? ? ? ? ?

Originally Posted by CHarris
It's all coming soon. I'm running super low boost right now while I make sure all is well with the tuning, etc. BTW... the core is bigger and the heat exchanger is too.
Sweet! You know I'm interested.

You still running the same big fuel injectors? I remember you spent an eternity getting them just right with the 60 and Radix. I'm eager to see how this combo alters your results.
Old 03-27-2007, 09:47 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BigTex
Sweet! You know I'm interested.

You still running the same big fuel injectors? I remember you spent an eternity getting them just right with the 60 and Radix. I'm eager to see how this combo alters your results.
Yep same injectors.. but I did add headers to the mix. here's a teaser... Idle airflow at about 13 gs with injector constants of about 1.9ms. And the efans are back with no problems (no idle dipping etc.)

Speaking of 60 lb injectors. A friend and I were just reminiscing yesterday about how everyone thought I was wrong about needing 60's on the Radix when it was maxed out for airflow. Funny that about 6 months later LOTS of people run 60's with it. Just shows how good these forums can be when people keep an open mind!
Old 03-27-2007, 10:04 PM
TECH Addict

CHarris, Which kit did you get, I am looking at the Big Bore "H" series
Also I love the whine of the Radix, I have heard that the KB is not as loud, can you confirm that.
Mark

Last edited by 04Denali; 03-28-2007 at 10:09 AM.
Old 03-29-2007, 08:22 AM
TECH Addict

How is your IAT's compared to when you had the Radix on,
Thanks
Mark
Old 03-29-2007, 09:12 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by CHarris
If you don't have the patience for a phone call, then the KB is probably not for you. Why would I lie? Hell, KB doesn't even pay me. Maybe the way to look at it is that KB is a smaller, family-type business that isn't only interested in selling a million of their productS. But I'm only guessing. I'm a satisfied customer so far and don't see that changing anytime soon. And its kind of nice to talk to tech and talk to someone who knows the system because they designed it... not just a glorified salesman or other lightweight that many businesses man the phones with.
I don't really want to get into this as it is distracting from the thread (and I really am interested in your results), but I didn't care for the dig at me when you have no idea what you are talking about. I certainly have the patience for a phone call. Every time I have attempted to call, I have called at least 12-15 times, over a half-hour to one hour period. And every single time the phone has been busy. There are times when I have simply hung up and tried again immediately afterward, 15-20 times in a row. I have actually thought that maybe they just take their phone off the hook because they can't be bothered talking to anybody.

Now perhaps things have changed, I don't know, it's been a while. But that has been my consistent experience over time. If you have seen my posts about my next desired project, a intergral component to that is a KB 2.6L or 2.8L blower. I would rather have that than a Whipple or a Magnuson blower. Technically it is superior. But on the support side Kenne Bell ******* sucks ***. For every person with your experience, there are a hundred who have had negative experiences. As a matter of fact, you are the only one I have heard from who has anything remotely positive to say about their service.

Like I said, maybe things have changed. But I will have to see more than just one anecdote to sway my opinion, which is borne of lots of experience, not heresay.

Now, back to the matter at hand - let's hear more about your results.
Old 03-29-2007, 09:47 AM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by TBSS
a intergral component to that is a KB 2.6L or 2.8L blower. I would rather have that than a Whipple or a Magnuson blower. Technically it is superior.

I agree with you on the customer service....thats at BIG 10-4, over!

But the above statement raises an eyebrow, if you are comparing the screw to the 4-5th gen EATON blowers your argument has been made time and time again. If you are comparing the screw (KB) to the new TVS blowers there is no argument, the proof is in the data. TVS>KB, Whipple, Procharger, VORTECH, yada yada yada

Kevin, I am not trying to start an web war, just trying to understand your statement above, either way what you have planned will be a handful to drive

Quick Reply: If you havent seen it, check out the Kennebell Kits!!!