FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

If you havent seen it, check out the Kennebell Kits!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 10:35 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian@JPA
I agree with you on the customer service....thats at BIG 10-4, over!

But the above statement raises an eyebrow, if you are comparing the screw to the 4-5th gen EATON blowers your argument has been made time and time again. If you are comparing the screw (KB) to the new TVS blowers there is no argument, the proof is in the data. TVS>KB, Whipple, Procharger, VORTECH, yada yada yada

Kevin, I am not trying to start an web war, just trying to understand your statement above, either way what you have planned will be a handful to drive
Sure wish I knew how to read that graph,
Mark
Old 03-29-2007, 11:19 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by TBSS
I don't really want to get into this as it is distracting from the thread (and I really am interested in your results), but I didn't care for the dig at me when you have no idea what you are talking about. I certainly have the patience for a phone call. Every time I have attempted to call, I have called at least 12-15 times, over a half-hour to one hour period. And every single time the phone has been busy. There are times when I have simply hung up and tried again immediately afterward, 15-20 times in a row. I have actually thought that maybe they just take their phone off the hook because they can't be bothered talking to anybody.

Now perhaps things have changed, I don't know, it's been a while. But that has been my consistent experience over time. If you have seen my posts about my next desired project, a intergral component to that is a KB 2.6L or 2.8L blower. I would rather have that than a Whipple or a Magnuson blower. Technically it is superior. But on the support side Kenne Bell ******* sucks ***. For every person with your experience, there are a hundred who have had negative experiences. As a matter of fact, you are the only one I have heard from who has anything remotely positive to say about their service.

Like I said, maybe things have changed. But I will have to see more than just one anecdote to sway my opinion, which is borne of lots of experience, not heresay.

Now, back to the matter at hand - let's hear more about your results.

I highlighted one sentence in your post in red... Here's why: I have really been interested in KB 2.8's for about 2 months. I've been watching them online with other applications ever since I saw the 402 Corvette make 850rwhp. All of my phone experience has been in the last month and I have had those times where I had to call a few times to get through. But... I was always able to get through. Just vary the time of calling and you'll ge through. For example, if you at calling at lunch time thats not such a great time, logically. They take a lunch break. I know... because I called at lunch once. Also... Monday morning was not so great either. Takes more persistance as thats typically when a person is calling up for things that happened over the weekend.

Now you keep going back to some time a couple of years ago as an example.... the blowers we're talking about weren't even out then.... so I don't know what it used to be like. The point is that whatever happened or did not happen back then doesn't really matter now. You say that you haven't tried lately in your post yet you have some reason to continue to slam them for some past wrong that you seem to take personally. If you don't take it personally it doesn't make sense to keep on with it.

Here's the executive summary of my current day experience:

I called them a few times to get through and my persistance paid off. I received the biggest blower they have within 1 week from the order. I installed said blower and everything went really well except for one relatively minor detail. I called tech on the Monday morning after the weekend install. It took a few calls, but I got through. I talked to the owner, who answers the tech line sometimes, and he agreed to ship me out the part I needed that same day.

Now, clearly you can see why I question the tendancy to keep talking about the past. My current service has been great. Things change. And it looks like I have the most current experience. Maybe I'm a little more understanding of the fact that KB, by all appearences, is a smaller family type business. Much the same as the way that I port Intakes and TB's in my home shop and serve as Sales, Tech Support, Manufacturing, Shipping, Receiving, Accounting, Installation, etc. Sometimes it can be hard to get ahold of me, too. But the products stand up very well in the market and the typical customer understands.

Anyway, just vary your call times and you'll get through if you really want to.
Old 03-29-2007, 11:38 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Brian@JPA
I agree with you on the customer service....thats at BIG 10-4, over!

But the above statement raises an eyebrow, if you are comparing the screw to the 4-5th gen EATON blowers your argument has been made time and time again. If you are comparing the screw (KB) to the new TVS blowers there is no argument, the proof is in the data. TVS>KB, Whipple, Procharger, VORTECH, yada yada yada

Kevin, I am not trying to start an web war, just trying to understand your statement above, either way what you have planned will be a handful to drive
We've talked now personally... and I will make the point I had cleanly now-

You have a long history with the Magnacharger. A history which one may construe as being very pro-magnacharger. Now you have a good relationship with STS. Both are great products and are a good fit for the right project.

It is jsut getting tiring seeing critiques of customer service at Kenne Bell that are in conflict with what I've experienced first hand. And it doesn't make sense to ask the competition about it. We've all got a bias of some sort and our business ties show it. It's not a big deal and its not personal. I know Brian at JPA gives the best support he can... just like I do.

I'm turning into the biggest Kenne Bell defender in history... mainly because I'm tired of hearing the rhetoric from everyone continuously talking smack about what is the highest output non-centrifugal blower on the market right now with fitments for the GM trucks. I'm not saying the customer service can't be better. It can. But if the product is strong enough it will survive the critics.

And for the record... I'm not trying to attack people. But I will attack ideas and misconceptions. We've all got different experiences with people and products. That's fine. But no one person can present the full picture. I'll present my experience with the product and customer service as I have experienced it... that is as a customer.

Last edited by CHarris; 03-29-2007 at 01:15 PM.
Old 03-29-2007, 11:58 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Interesting people and comments coming out of the woodwork. That's good overall, it says there is passion on the topic.

Cory, I am not a moron, so please stop talking to me like one, and I will continue to be nicer to you than you are to me - although if you continue to insult me, I will unleash on you, and you will be sorry.

I know when to call businesses to get a response. I never called KB for the sole purpose of being able to say, "I called and they suck", I actually called to try and talk to someone (believe it or not). I've called on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays, 7AM, 8AM, 9AM, 10AM, 11AM, 2PM, 3PM, 4PM, 5PM, 6PM, and later. The phone kept being busy until it eventually stopped being busy and was just not answered. So get off it already, I am not the only one who had this experience.

I can accept that you have a 2.8L tuner only blower. However, I will not call them again unless and until I hear of at least 3-4 more people who have actual kits delivered and installed, and supported. You are fine with a tuner only kit; I (and I imagine some other people as well) prefer to wait to see if they will actually have kits that they have been promising for years (not months, years).

You are only one data point, yet you try to make it seem like your experience negates the experience of all kinds of other people on here and other sites. Sorry, just because you had an alright experience doesn't mean that they have their **** together...as a matter of fact, it sounds like they still don't.

Now both of you - Brian and Cory - let's see the pictures, the videos, the track times, the dynos, etc. Then start the **** talk. Until then...
Old 03-29-2007, 12:17 PM
? ? ? ? ? ?

Lets try to keep this civil here.... Everyone has their own opinion and thats fine, some people have direct experience with Kenne Bell, thats great too. This has the making of a very informative thread if the we keep the bickering out of it.
Old 03-29-2007, 12:27 PM
TECH Addict

Those who know me know I will report what happens. Thats how I am about everything. I'm not a salesman for a company (except my own!). I just want there to be some real experience out there with the product and with a $6k price tag... theres not a lot of that around for the big KB on a truck. I'll report success as well as failure. Good points and bad points. I'll report the info I wish I had when I was making a decision on these things.

It's funny... I could have just as easily had a Whipple 3.3 for the new build. I called them and they answered the phone and everything... but had no interest in the platform no kit, not offered, no way. I hope they come around and get one for the trucks as I'd love to see it's numbers as well. 3.3 is big

Look how far I took a RADIX H2 install... 17.5's to a 13.86. But it maxed out the combo and I popped the engine. We'll see what this KB 2.8 can do this season on really built motor.
Old 03-29-2007, 12:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good luck... looking forward to the results

Bill
Old 03-29-2007, 12:50 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by CHarris
Those who know me know I will report what happens.
Fine, report what happens without taking shots at anyone else and your results will be more than welcome. Leave KB's reputation to them to deal with. It will become very clear over time if they've fundamentally improved or not.

Meanwhile, how about some pics?
Old 03-29-2007, 04:58 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 2004Denali
How is your IAT's compared to when you had the Radix on,
Thanks
Mark
Cory,
Just in case you missed my question,
Thanks
Mark
Old 03-29-2007, 05:37 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by CHarris
Those who know me know I will report what happens. Thats how I am about everything. I'm not a salesman for a company (except my own!). I just want there to be some real experience out there with the product and with a $6k price tag... theres not a lot of that around for the big KB on a truck. I'll report success as well as failure. Good points and bad points. I'll report the info I wish I had when I was making a decision on these things.

It's funny... I could have just as easily had a Whipple 3.3 for the new build. I called them and they answered the phone and everything... but had no interest in the platform no kit, not offered, no way. I hope they come around and get one for the trucks as I'd love to see it's numbers as well. 3.3 is big

Look how far I took a RADIX H2 install... 17.5's to a 13.86. But it maxed out the combo and I popped the engine. We'll see what this KB 2.8 can do this season on really built motor.
where's the pics buddy? it's time you start contributing more around here anyway! breaks over, lets hear about what you got planned

Quick Reply: If you havent seen it, check out the Kennebell Kits!!!