Old 12-30-2009, 10:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Btw. Thanks for the info guys.
Old 12-31-2009, 04:46 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by SincalT/A
I am currently running a 3 3/8 pulley.This puts me around 11lbs.The 2 7/8 I plan to run should bring boost up to 15-16 and no it will not slip.
Why are you sure it wont slip? Are you doing anything to help prevent it?
Old 12-31-2009, 05:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

damn man that sucks, hope you get it resolved
Old 12-31-2009, 07:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Bromaguire
Why are you sure it wont slip? Are you doing anything to help prevent it?
I have had the pulley on before.Not very long though I ran it to see where boost was at only went wot for a short few secs.I modded it like the reichard racing pulleys.Put it this way the I figured out how bad I needed to pin my crank when I used it.I changed the pulley setup so there is also about 75 to 80 percent belt wrap on it.This is on a dedicated blower belt setup its was a older style Whipple kit.
Old 01-01-2010, 05:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how much do you want for the 42lbs ?
Old 01-01-2010, 07:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Make me an offer.TP said he will make up the difference if I don't get what I paid which was $250.

Thanks,
Duane
Old 01-11-2010, 08:43 PM
Launching!

OP with your throttle body mounted in the stock location after the blower does your blower make a lot of noise at idle? I just had my throttle body relocated back to the stock area and the blower is really loud at idle. I will have some dyno numbers tomorrow hopefully. My tuner thinks I may pick up some power with it in that location and better drivability.
Old 01-11-2010, 11:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Bromaguire
OP with your throttle body mounted in the stock location after the blower does your blower make a lot of noise at idle? I just had my throttle body relocated back to the stock area and the blower is really loud at idle. I will have some dyno numbers tomorrow hopefully. My tuner thinks I may pick up some power with it in that location and better drivability.
Yes the intake is loud.I hope you have a large 50mm or better adjustable bypass.If you are going this route I would plumb the outlet side of the bypass in to the exhaust.Make sure exhaust is free flowing straight tru mufflers preferred like borla/Magnaflow/Dyno Max.This will reduce noise.Most of what you hear is the outlet side of the compressor.I would plumb it kind of far back by the muffler not before cats or in the collector.Also thick abs air intake tubes like the airaid diy kits help reduce noise.Plus a enclosed air filter.
Old 01-12-2010, 09:19 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by SincalT/A
Yes the intake is loud.I hope you have a large 50mm or better adjustable bypass.If you are going this route I would plumb the outlet side of the bypass in to the exhaust.Make sure exhaust is free flowing straight tru mufflers preferred like borla/Magnaflow/Dyno Max.This will reduce noise.Most of what you hear is the outlet side of the compressor.I would plumb it kind of far back by the muffler not before cats or in the collector.Also thick abs air intake tubes like the airaid diy kits help reduce noise.Plus a enclosed air filter.
My tuner had a feeling the bypass wasn't going to be big enough. Thanks for the heads up on that. They are ordering a new one for me today. They are just going to vent it to the atmosphere. All my piping is aluminum so I think mine resonates a bit more than plastic would for sure.

What differences did you notice changing the throttle body's position? Any pick up in response time? Any noticable power gains? Once they get new bypass installed they will retune it on their dyno so I will be able to see if there are any gains on my setup.
Old 01-12-2010, 10:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Throttle response will increase dramatically.You will be able to adjust when the boost kicks in with a bigger adj. bypass/bov.Venting to the atmosphere will be too loud you need to think about how your going to reduce the sound.

Quick Reply: Injector help for the 2.3l twin screw