FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Injector help for the 2.3l twin screw

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 06:30 PM
Admin

Received 217 Likes on 173 Posts

I know one thing, when I added the intercooler to mine and had the Maf in place (Between the air filter and TB) there was a **** load of lag in throttle response. So I went 2bar SD and my throttle response is better then stock now even with the throttlebody on the blower inlet.
Old 01-12-2010, 09:45 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 03sierraslt
I know one thing, when I added the intercooler to mine and had the Maf in place (Between the air filter and TB) there was a **** load of lag in throttle response. So I went 2bar SD and my throttle response is better then stock now even with the throttlebody on the blower inlet.

I was having similar throttle response issues but I think with the throttle body moved it will fix that problem. I am not going to go to SD unless I have to since I won't be able to pass emissions like that.
Old 01-16-2010, 01:29 AM
Launching!

Well I picked up 10-20whp at all rpm's. The throttle response is incredible but the blower is crazy loud now. I will make a new thread and post some videos tomorrow.
Old 01-16-2010, 09:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

That's with the stock blower inlet right?
Old 01-17-2010, 08:46 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by SincalT/A
That's with the stock blower inlet right?
Yep, stock inlet and throttle-body. Only thing I had changed was where the throttle-body and maf is located. This is with a very conservative tune also. I'm getting a ton of noise while in vacuum from the bypass area which is mounted in front of the inter-cooler did you have this problem?
Old 01-17-2010, 11:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yes the intake is loud.I hope you have a large 50mm or better adjustable bypass.If you are going this route I would plumb the outlet side of the bypass in to the exhaust.Make sure exhaust is free flowing straight tru mufflers preferred like borla/Magnaflow/Dyno Max.This will reduce noise.Most of what you hear is the outlet side of the compressor.I would plumb it kind of far back by the muffler not before cats or in the collector.Also thick abs air intake tubes like the airaid diy kits help reduce noise.Plus a enclosed air filter.
THIS INFO IS IMPORTANT!

What you probably don't realize since I haven't said yet is....
In part throttle at some point the blower is building boost in the intake track.This is due to the stock bypass not intended to be used in this application.It will be closing too fast opposed to throttle blade position.You need an adjustable 50mm or larger bypass look at vortech line or procharger they make some nice big bypass valves.
Old 01-18-2010, 01:39 AM
Launching!

THIS INFO IS IMPORTANT!

What you probably don't realize since I haven't said yet is....
In part throttle at some point the blower is building boost in the intake track.This is due to the stock bypass not intended to be used in this application.It will be closing too fast opposed to throttle blade position.You need an adjustable 50mm or larger bypass look at vortech line or procharger they make some nice big bypass valves.
I had the stock bypass disconnected and I added a procharger bypass on the blower discharge side right before it goes into the intercooler. The noise I hear is loudest in vacuum and once boost starts building it goes away and becomes the normal noise the blower makes under boost.
Old 01-18-2010, 01:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Bromaguire
I had the stock bypass disconnected and I added a procharger bypass on the blower discharge side right before it goes into the intercooler. The noise I hear is loudest in vacuum and once boost starts building it goes away and becomes the normal noise the blower makes under boost.

Read the qoute from pg.2 in my last post that should help with the noise.
Old 01-18-2010, 02:08 PM
Launching!

Read the qoute from pg.2 in my last post that should help with the noise.
So you think a closed bypass will take away all the noise? Do you get the noise out of your bypass? Before they installed the procharger bypass the noise was coming out of the intake filter area now its pretty much out of the bypass valve. What did you do to your stock bypass? How come you didn't just change to a larger valve?
Old 01-18-2010, 02:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

You can pipe back to the intake with the bypass but, there will still be too much noise imo.I haven't got to the bigger bypass cause of money.I have a laundry list of things I got to do to support the power I plan on making.

Quick Reply: Injector help for the 2.3l twin screw