FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Injectors??? Hp rating??

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2010, 09:48 PM
Performance Trucks Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by schino
allen. im shooting for 550 at the wheels and think 60's would be good but would you suggest running the low imp box with larger injectors to cut the duty cycle? just wondering whats the better route. also if you could pm me price
On iPhone so excuse the typing

Everyone will tell u the 60's are fine as long as ur fuel pump is adequate.
I agree the 550hp mark is good power and 60's are fine.

Think of the low imp inj comparison like this. Take the factory stereo in ur truck now power a set of good aftermarket speakers with it. It'll sound good but put a set of premium speakers in place of those with a good amp (versafueler) and now ur setup is running like a champ. Cleaner crisper sharper sound (injector control) which in comparison allows ur engine to feel crisper, better throttle response and ...

We only run low imp injectors and the versafueler on any truck that requires 60lb and higher injectors. They just run much better!

Ya flaco my truck would run 13 afr at idle then once I attempted to lean it out a bit the exhaust would sputter. Now w the low stuff it idles great and smooth.
Old 11-30-2010, 10:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

http://www.acceleronics.com/versafueler.htm

Under $300
Old 12-25-2010, 12:09 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 199 Likes on 156 Posts

Are the low impedance injectors less sensitive to system voltage variations than my 60 lb Siemens are? It seems like my fueling goes all to hell when the voltage drops much, like when the electric fans kicked on, before I got a high output alternator.
Old 12-25-2010, 03:05 PM
DrX
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeGyver
Are the low impedance injectors less sensitive to system voltage variations than my 60 lb Siemens are? It seems like my fueling goes all to hell when the voltage drops much, like when the electric fans kicked on, before I got a high output alternator.
That's what the offset table is for.

Now, trying to find an entire table's worth of data for the 96ers is another story. An offset of around 1 ms seems to work best for me when idle tuning in the vicinity of 14V. Might be unique to my crazy setup though.

I haven't seen much difference between various driver boxes including one I built myself, but the Versafueller has a slick design utilizing the thick aluminum base as a heatsink.
Old 12-28-2010, 05:56 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by FarmTruc
On iPhone so excuse the typing

Everyone will tell u the 60's are fine as long as ur fuel pump is adequate.
I agree the 550hp mark is good power and 60's are fine.

Think of the low imp inj comparison like this. Take the factory stereo in ur truck now power a set of good aftermarket speakers with it. It'll sound good but put a set of premium speakers in place of those with a good amp (versafueler) and now ur setup is running like a champ. Cleaner crisper sharper sound (injector control) which in comparison allows ur engine to feel crisper, better throttle response and ...

We only run low imp injectors and the versafueler on any truck that requires 60lb and higher injectors. They just run much better!

Ya flaco my truck would run 13 afr at idle then once I attempted to lean it out a bit the exhaust would sputter. Now w the low stuff it idles great and smooth.

So , if the 42's are maxed out, you are saying it is time to go versafueler and 95lbers??? These will idle fine on a daily driven 6.0 with a ls6 cam? New front mount is on the way (mp76) and I need to do something. I could almost get some used 60's and meth for that price. Someone with knowledge please advise
While I am asking for all the good info... when will a single 255 not be enough?

Last edited by slowec; 12-28-2010 at 06:21 AM. Reason: 1 more question
Old 12-28-2010, 08:12 AM
Performance Trucks Sponsor

It's get old replacing injectors after every upgrade, I'd do the 75's min and versa fueler and be done.
Old 12-28-2010, 08:17 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by FarmTruc
It's get old replacing injectors after every upgrade, I'd do the 75's min and versa fueler and be done.
Wanna PM me a quote
Old 12-28-2010, 09:22 AM
Admin

Received 217 Likes on 173 Posts

Just a tidbit of info, Greg Banish released allot of injector tables in his DVD. I can tell you this much, the ones for the 60lb injectors work. I can get mine to idle anywhere from 16.x to as rich as I want with no hickups or anything.
Old 12-28-2010, 02:38 PM
Teching In

I can attest to the 80Lb injectors (LU80) Ford. Work beautiful. I use them on my TT 408 vette w/ A&A fuel system. And on my 07LTZ LH6. need harness adapters though.
Old 12-28-2010, 07:19 PM
TECH Junkie

What kind of pump and fuel lines are you guys feeding those 60 and 80 lbers with?

Quick Reply: Injectors??? Hp rating??