FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Inside Pics - R TVS 1900

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 04:51 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sweet. Post up some pics after all that extra casting is all cleaned out in there. I cannot wait to get my TVS1900 installed!
Old 06-22-2010, 07:47 PM
Mod with training wheels

Received 204 Likes on 139 Posts

I'm trying to understand how it's restrictive... Its not exactly a mirror finish in there, I'll give you that. But the intake part of that blower is never smaller than the throttle body itself. Restriction..?
Old 06-22-2010, 07:51 PM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by anasasisxenophontis
I'm trying to understand how it's restrictive... Its not exactly a mirror finish in there, I'll give you that. But the intake part of that blower is never smaller than the throttle body itself. Restriction..?
I'd like to see the comparison for this thought also, just would like to learn.

My Machinist said he could do some porting for me.

But From the throttle body back to the rotors i dont see the big issue.

As i said for my knowledge i would like to see the inside of a maggie.
Old 06-22-2010, 08:45 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I will post up some pics.....If we can keep this civil. The "other" kits are out of production so I am only talking about it for the education.

The inlet is restrictive: The inlets ability to move a column or volume of air efficiently. That inlet has far less volume than the Magna Charger inlet, therefore under higher boost demands (more power) it will "drain" itself of available air before it can replenish it. There will come a point, and it will be soon that the inlet will not be able to feed the boost hungry engine it is on top of. I suspect that inlet is capable of about 600 BHP, while the Magna Charger has been tested well into the 750 BHP range already.

Again, not knocking the other (much) it will keep most people happy, and I will admit at the walmart price it was sold at it was a deal.

While the "porting" may smooth the air path and pick up minimal HP, the only way to truly make it better is to replace it
Old 06-22-2010, 08:49 PM
blownerator

Magna Charger supercharger inlet side:

Space saved for inlet pic to be posted tomorrow.
Old 06-22-2010, 09:15 PM
Mod with training wheels

Received 204 Likes on 139 Posts

I hate to **** in your cheerios, but the inlet of the Roush blower has by far a lot more area perpendicular to air flow at any point in the inlet tract than the throttle body does, as does the Maggie. So your limitation is going to be the size of the throttle body. I'm sure you well know that the 90mm throttle body that he has can support more than 600bhp, and even more than 750bhp
Looking at the picture you posted, the inlet does not look to be much larger than the Roush, if at all. The Maggie is symmetrical, while the Roush simply has more area on one side and less on the other.
I will admit that I have a Roush blower, but my post would be the same if I had a Magnacharger. The throttle body is the flow limitation in this case.
Old 06-22-2010, 09:16 PM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Thanks for the pics. Good discussion/ info., Lets Def. Keep it civil.

I dont see the reason to dismiss Roush unit just yet, as it has made 533 on a 5.3,

I think it will perform well on my combo and make a great street truck. Especially for the money i have in it.

I do like seeing the comparisons of the roush to the magnuson for info's sake,

But I dont feel the roush unit needs to be scrutinized because it was had for a great price, it does do its job well , and is lot of fun that is perfect for 90% of us who arent trying for max effort, YET
Old 06-22-2010, 09:23 PM
blownerator

Originally Posted by anasasisxenophontis
I hate to **** in your cheerios, but the inlet of the Roush blower has by far a lot more area perpendicular to air flow at any point in the inlet tract than the throttle body does, as does the Maggie. So your limitation is going to be the size of the throttle body. I'm sure you well know that the 90mm throttle body that he has can support more than 600bhp, and even more than 750bhp
Looking at the picture you posted, the inlet does not look to be much larger than the Roush, if at all. The Maggie is symmetrical, while the Roush simply has more area on one side and less on the other.
I will admit that I have a Roush blower, but my post would be the same if I had a Magnacharger. The throttle body is the flow limitation in this case.

Again, I am not knocking the unit for Christ sake......

Hence the reason I did not want to post and should not have posted. FYI, it is about the air flow volume and air path.....I have not posted the inlet/ nose drive pictures yet.

I can see where this is headed, I will stay out.
Old 06-22-2010, 10:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

well im subscribing and will be following the leader...lol..I wanted to do all this but my monday-friday 12hour shifts keep me busy and bearly have time to get hair cuts..lol..If everything goes well with the mods i would like to get the info to your machinest...
Old 06-22-2010, 10:10 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like a jackshaft blower and not a front drive that you are comparing it against.

Makes my 112 with the J tube removed look like a straw!! Wish I had a Maggie TVS 2300, but my 112 is paid for.

Last edited by SCREAMINXL; 06-22-2010 at 11:18 PM.

Quick Reply: Inside Pics - R TVS 1900