FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Installed 90mm tb. Wont Run!! Help please.

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2006, 03:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TIM Z
These guys are awesome, I got there,and T.J. and his freind Shaun had my tranny out in less than 1 1/2 hour. Zippy (with a little help from Evan) had my trans built in a couple of hours, MY cam was a last min decision,and T.J. had it done with valvesprings in less than 4 hours and we we taking time in btween to eat and check out P.T. net and LS1 tech!!I just cant say enough about the Doctors. THEY ARE THE BEST! ,AND they didnt mind me watching them work or helping out when needed. I feel like my truck was on steroids when i left, the trans absolutley KICKS ***! and I absolutley love the cam!. T.J. showed me around and my wife and I had the time of our life hangin out . I'll definitley be going back for dyno time and a little hangin out. YOUR gonna love your truck on the trip home!

Thanks for the pm Tim. I didn't know they have a dyno so that is a definite big plus. I've been hoping the truck would pull 500 rwhp and know I'll know. I appreciate you posting and letting me know that I'm going to a place that will do things right.

Making plans to to back through the Chicago suburbs where my grandkids are and take them for a lil ride It'll be hard to impress them after several trips to Disney world and the wild rides they've been on several times but I think maybe it'll be a surprise for them to ride in a powerfull truck.
Old 03-12-2006, 05:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Ha Ha, now thats a Kodak moment. Grandpaw taking the kids out for thrill ride in the truck. My seven year old son gets all giggly when I mash it. I'm a grandpaw also.
Old 03-12-2006, 06:41 PM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

as long as you guys dont drive like grandpa's!
Old 03-14-2006, 09:58 AM
DrX
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Had to figure out why the high/low ref wires appear to be crossed going into the LS2 TB according to the truck/LS2 wiring diagrams. Didn't make sense unless the TP Sensor signal wires were also switched, which they weren't. So I looked at the operation of the sensors. According to the behaviour of the signals, sensor 1 in our trucks = sensor 2 on the LS2 and vice versa.

Truck:
"The TP sensor is actually 2 individual TP sensors within one housing. Separate signal, low reference, and 5-volt reference circuits are used to connect the TP sensors and the TAC module. The TP sensor 1 signal voltage increases as the throttle opens, from around 1.0 volt at 0 throttle to above 3.5 volts at 100 percent throttle. TP sensor 2 signal voltage decreases as the throttle is opened, from around 3.8 volts at 0 throttle to below 1.0 volt at 100 percent throttle."

LS2:
"There are 2 individual TP sensors within the throttle body assembly. The TP sensors are used to determine the throttle plate angle. The TP sensors provide the ECM with a signal voltage proportional to throttle plate movement. The TP sensor 1 signal voltage at closed throttle is above 4 volts and decreases as the throttle plate is opened. The TP sensor 2 signal voltage at closed throttle is below 1 volt and increases as the throttle plate is opened."

So for anyone doing their own wiring or checking an install, this is how the OEM wire colours should match up to the LS2 connector as shown above(this was accomplished in my application by simply plugging in the Speartech adapter harness ):

Black OR Black/White(C) Yellow(B) Brown(A)

Purple(F) Light Blue OR Grey(E) Green(D)

An alternate arrangement that theoretically should also work would be to keep the high/low reference wires as per the OEM wiring and switch the Green and Purple TPS signal wires. This would look like:

Light Blue OR Grey(C) Yellow(B) Brown(A)

Green(F) Black OR Black/White(E) Purple(D)

Last edited by DrX; 03-14-2006 at 02:41 PM.
Old 03-15-2006, 04:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

I got the newer new tb from Richard at WCCH and got the harness back from Speartech and got both installed today.

THE TRUCK RUNS PERFECTLY AND PRETTY STRONG!!!!

I notice the difference in performance in the seat of my pants. Now we move on to see Zippy and TJ in less than 2 weeks to get the heads/cam/meth and other stuff installed.

The problem was a defective tb.. like John Spears said. I am very relieved and very happy to have my truck running after almost 4 weeks of being down.

I am very grateful to all who offered helpful information and/or encouraging words. I very much needed both. DrX and BigTex stand out among those who took a lot of time and effort to try to help me diagnose this problem. I'm very grateful. Wish I could do something to balance the book. Maybe down the road I can be helpful to some of you guys.

John Spears deserves a huge thanks. He was willing to talk to me on the phone several times, answer long emails and most of all was willing to take time to do a check on the harness I sent back to him and send me another new one and then he took the time to check out the tb I sent to him. He never asked for a penny for his trouble and never said anything about being reimbursed for the shipping charges sending those items back to me. He's the kinda person you want to do business with... that's for dammed sure. I did paypal him a few bucks to cover costs but he never asked for anything.... like you guys he just stepped up.

Every once in a while life deals out some **** but then the good guys come out of the woodwork and remind me that people are good at heart.

Thanks to all. Jim
Old 03-15-2006, 04:28 PM
DrX
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Glad to hear your back on the road!
Old 03-16-2006, 05:04 AM
TECH Senior Member

Old 03-16-2006, 10:10 AM
FormerVendor

Congratulations Jim!
Glad to see all turned out well.
Now go out and enjoy the truck!!!

Richard
Old 03-16-2006, 10:31 AM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Glad it all worked out....who would have thought that a TB would have been bad.
Old 03-24-2006, 08:04 AM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by JimS
I got the newer new tb from Richard at WCCH and got the harness back from Speartech and got both installed today.

THE TRUCK RUNS PERFECTLY AND PRETTY STRONG!!!!

I notice the difference in performance in the seat of my pants. Now we move on to see Zippy and TJ in less than 2 weeks to get the heads/cam/meth and other stuff installed.

The problem was a defective tb.. like John Spears said. I am very relieved and very happy to have my truck running after almost 4 weeks of being down.

I am very grateful to all who offered helpful information and/or encouraging words. I very much needed both. DrX and BigTex stand out among those who took a lot of time and effort to try to help me diagnose this problem. I'm very grateful. Wish I could do something to balance the book. Maybe down the road I can be helpful to some of you guys.

John Spears deserves a huge thanks. He was willing to talk to me on the phone several times, answer long emails and most of all was willing to take time to do a check on the harness I sent back to him and send me another new one and then he took the time to check out the tb I sent to him. He never asked for a penny for his trouble and never said anything about being reimbursed for the shipping charges sending those items back to me. He's the kinda person you want to do business with... that's for dammed sure. I did paypal him a few bucks to cover costs but he never asked for anything.... like you guys he just stepped up.

Every once in a while life deals out some **** but then the good guys come out of the woodwork and remind me that people are good at heart.

Thanks to all. Jim
is this weekend when all your stuff goes in? you putting that thing on the dyno?

Quick Reply: Installed 90mm tb. Wont Run!! Help please.