FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Jet-hot vs. HPC coating

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 01:30 PM
High on diesel fumes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Jet-hot vs. HPC coating

Can anyone give me some info or comparisons on these two companies? I have called for pricing on their 2000*+ coatings and HPC is much more expensive than Jet. HPC only coats the outside of the pipes, Jet coats the inside and outside. For the extra price, I would hope that HPC has the better product, but I haven't heard much about them.
Old 06-13-2007, 01:53 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i've heard somewere that coating the inside of the pipes lets the air flow faster and smoother. don't know if its true or not though.
Old 06-13-2007, 02:00 PM
High on diesel fumes

I've heard that too. I'm wondering what justifies the HPC price, since it was almost double what I was quoted from Jet.
Old 06-13-2007, 02:26 PM
12 Second Truck Club

I Know people who really like HPC on their exuast stuff, headers etc.
Old 06-13-2007, 02:26 PM
TECH Veteran

It sounds like Jet has a spray on coating, where as HPC dips theirs. IMO coating the inside is more important for the transfer of heat/engery. I would look around at other turbo kits and see what they for thier coatings. I think you'll find that HPC will be more common.
Old 06-13-2007, 02:56 PM
High on diesel fumes

Originally Posted by vanillagorilla
It sounds like Jet has a spray on coating, where as HPC dips theirs. IMO coating the inside is more important for the transfer of heat/engery. I would look around at other turbo kits and see what they for thier coatings. I think you'll find that HPC will be more common.
Did you get that backwards? Jet is the one that coats inside and out, and HPC is the one that coats outside only.
Old 06-13-2007, 03:17 PM
TECH Veteran

Yeah, scratch that....reverse it.
Old 06-13-2007, 03:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HPC coats inside and out if thats what you want. They did my headers in the high temp black outside only at my request. They coated my downpipe inside and out... with the outside being the high temp black. HPC also coated my charge ducting inside and out with their standard silver. All in all I think I paid $500 for all the coating. The high temp stuff is very expensive but I am happy with the results. When I finally get my exhaust housing in the correct A/R thats been on order forever I will also coat that with HPC high temp black...

Either way you go Jet Hot or HPC are good products... and happen to be local too

Bill
Old 06-13-2007, 03:47 PM
High on diesel fumes

Originally Posted by Bill Reid
HPC coats inside and out if thats what you want. They did my headers in the high temp black outside only at my request. They coated my downpipe inside and out... with the outside being the high temp black. HPC also coated my charge ducting inside and out with their standard silver. All in all I think I paid $500 for all the coating. The high temp stuff is very expensive but I am happy with the results. When I finally get my exhaust housing in the correct A/R thats been on order forever I will also coat that with HPC high temp black...

Either way you go Jet Hot or HPC are good products... and happen to be local too

Bill
HPC told me they can do the inside in one of their lower temp coatings, but it would be extra. Their quoted price didn't include the inside coatings.

Unfortunately they only do some of the coating here locally. To get their high-temp 2000* coatings I either have to send everything off to Mississippi or Utah.
Old 06-13-2007, 04:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got the 1600F high temp black done... in house. I will note the higher temp stuff is done out of state... weird... maybe its a special process that requires expensive equipment(?)...

Bill

Quick Reply: Jet-hot vs. HPC coating