FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Jet-hot vs. HPC coating

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 07:23 PM
High on diesel fumes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Reid
have heard good things about Swaintech too... couple of top mount C5 Corvette guys I know used them... and their hoods are VERY close to the turbo's. Nick Yoskin, who hangs out at CorvetteForum C5 Forced Induction did the Swaintech, HPC high temp black, and then wrapped his headers! Wrapping after coating will provide additional heat protection. Coating is great as a barrier protection when wrapping... the metal will never come in contact with the wrap... which can soak up moisture and keep it in contact with the header until it evaporates during warm up...

Chris, I can't wait for your project to come together... really want to hook up when you start dropping things back into the engine bay. If you need an extra hand don't hesitate to call

Bill
Spoke with Rex today and he's got my pistons on order, they should be to his shop by Monday. I could potentially have my engine back by the end of next week, but I'm not going to count on having it that early. I also asked him about exhaust coatings, and I think I may pass on that for now. I would like to have it done for the cosmetic reasons but I think if I do that I will have both the hot and cold side done together. Since I don't have the cold side pieced together yet I might as well wait. I was also under the impression that the coating would give some kind of performance increase, but I guess that's minimal at best.

I'm excited to see things start to come together. I'm really going to take my time this time around and make sure that I don't cut any corners when doing the reassembly. I want to clean everything up really well as I put it back in (seeing your truck made me jealous Bill ).

I'll let you know if I need a hand with anything....otherwise, we'll definitely have to meet up once this thing is running again!
Old 06-14-2007, 07:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Right on bro... I got a gas pressure washer and a welder that plugs into a 4 prong dryer outlet... I can help with an extra set of hands when you start tacking the cold charge ducting together...

Stay in touch

Bill