FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

just made my first step too a turbo setup :)

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 10:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by holley2346
You wouldn't happen to have an idle clip with that cam would you? That's the bump stick I'm eying.
I have one on my phone of it untuned and lopes pretty good at 850 rpm. Im going to get it tuned saturday and I will post a video after I get it tuned. I havent gotten on it at all and out of boost I will say its pretty responsive for sure.

And walledition, I would go with 80lb injectors, EV1 or EV6 plugs it doesnt matter, You will just have to either buy adapters to plug them into the stock harness or do like i did and cut the old plugs off and solder the new ones on. You will need aftermarket rails and make brackets for the rail to run LS1 style injectors and if you have a returnless setup, convert it to return style. As far as pump, I would look into the new walbro 340 or two of them. I also heard that someone makes a 400 pump now but im not sure who, but im sure someone on here can answer that.
Old 02-07-2012, 10:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Ok thanx im sure that would work just well but cant i get injectors that are plug and play? And about the fuel pump, do i have too convert it to return style? Its just that i dont have any experience with this so it sounds complicated :s

Originally Posted by o2camaross
I have one on my phone of it untuned and lopes pretty good at 850 rpm. Im going to get it tuned saturday and I will post a video after I get it tuned. I havent gotten on it at all and out of boost I will say its pretty responsive for sure.

And walledition, I would go with 80lb injectors, EV1 or EV6 plugs it doesnt matter, You will just have to either buy adapters to plug them into the stock harness or do like i did and cut the old plugs off and solder the new ones on. You will need aftermarket rails and make brackets for the rail to run LS1 style injectors and if you have a returnless setup, convert it to return style. As far as pump, I would look into the new walbro 340 or two of them. I also heard that someone makes a 400 pump now but im not sure who, but im sure someone on here can answer that.
Old 02-07-2012, 11:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

You can get truck length injectors from nelsonperformance.com. I think they will be a little more expensive but you can also keep your stock fuel rails. Idk about return/returnless. I know return is better for performance and high HP builds and in my opinion easier but there are some guys running returnless and still making good power so I don't know how to answer that
Old 02-07-2012, 03:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

i just contacted nelson i´ll see what does injectors cost, i dont if anyone has any used ones they would have for a good price? ive used the search button but i cant find a write up changing the fuelpump on a 2005, or make returnless, return, can anyone help me with that?

thanx
Old 02-10-2012, 12:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

well ive been reading a lot and decided i´ll stay returnless for now with just 1 aeromotive 340 pump, can anyone tell me if i need tu buy anything else? and wish sponser has that pump?

thank you
Old 02-10-2012, 03:50 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by o2camaross
If you plan on running e85 go with the 80lb injectors but 60lb injectors will take you well in the 700hp range on gas. Just leave your system as returnless and all you have to do is space your fuel rails up for the taller injectors. A walbro 255 should do the trick.
Old 02-10-2012, 05:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

thank you for the awnsers, i wount be using e85, only pump gas, where would i get the 60lbs injectors?

Originally Posted by Alpinestar
If you plan on running e85 go with the 80lb injectors but 60lb injectors will take you well in the 700hp range on gas. Just leave your system as returnless and all you have to do is space your fuel rails up for the taller injectors. A walbro 255 should do the trick.
Old 02-11-2012, 04:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

The 60's and 80's are usually the same price so why not go with the 80s and leave room for growth?
Old 02-11-2012, 04:37 PM
TECH Regular

80's can be a bitch to tune returnless.
Old 02-11-2012, 09:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Oh I gotchya. Holley, here is a video of my truck after tuning today 04 Turbo Silverado - YouTube

Quick Reply: just made my first step too a turbo setup :)