Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 12:34 PM
11 Second Truck Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

the one you need should be marked B85VJCX
Old 09-02-2008, 12:56 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yank 3000 stall go ahead and just save and get it and a large tranny cooler you will be fine . The yank is still very tight so you will be fine pulling a trailer.
Old 09-05-2008, 05:23 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by Bad_Apple
Yank 3000 stall go ahead and just save and get it and a large tranny cooler you will be fine . The yank is still very tight so you will be fine pulling a trailer.
I agree.The Yank ias alot better(efficient) than the TB converter.Will work great for towing. I run a custom triple disk converter with my 4L80 and it drives like stock but flashes nicely..

Last edited by BlownChevy; 09-05-2008 at 05:47 PM.
Old 09-10-2008, 02:32 AM
TECH Apprentice

Just finished with my install and dyno run. Truck is making 400 rwhp and 400 rwtq. I am pretty happy with those numbers.

I am having an issue with my tuning. I explained it in a another thread, please take a look and let me know what you think. Here is the link. I'll post some pics and a vid of a dyno run in the next few days. Thanks to all that have helped along the way!

https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...d.php?t=424736
Old 09-14-2008, 08:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Well I have been running my new setup for about a week now and I have to say that I really am not that happy with it. My tune still sucks which I know is part of the problem. The procharger really doesn't take off until about 4000 rpms and the truck drives almost like stock until then.

Kinda starting to think I should have went with a Magnacharger instead. Right now I am having to drive it in high rmps all the time to enjoy any boost. I am feeling a little sick about spending all that money for marginal performance. Thoughs?
Old 09-14-2008, 09:06 PM
11 Second Truck Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

sounds like you should've gone heads and cam instead of FI...just my opinion based on your comments...
Old 09-14-2008, 09:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Superado
sounds like you should've gone heads and cam instead of FI...just my opinion based on your comments...
what make you think that?
Old 09-14-2008, 09:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Unfortunately I believe you have chosen the wrong supercharger for your needs. You can make it work for you but your going to need the stall and it will keep the engine in the "power" RPMS. Sounds like you just wanted more power for towing, the magnacharger would have been a more ideal choice, but you have the procharger on there now. The way to fix your problem is to either sell the procharger and get a magnacharger or get a stall. I am not trying to depress you or anything.

By the way, I am a huge fan of procharger.....for racing.
Old 09-14-2008, 09:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

So you are saying that a stall will give me similar a responsiveness to the the magnacharger? I was planning on going with a stall, around 3000, leaning toward a 3200.

I don't just want the blower for towing, I just want the fastest truck possible. My truck towed fine before.
Why do you like the procharger for racing btw, just curious?
Old 09-14-2008, 10:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well if you are looking for fast then I say your on the right track. If you get a stall, when you mash the gas it will stall up and build the boost, which builds the power. This happens fast so it seems like the power is instant. But putting around town you are all motor, no boost.

I like the procharger for racing because it is expandable. I started with the P1 and now I have the F1C, and I am sure down the road I will go to the F2. These things make incredible power and keep making more the faster you spin it. I also like the way it gradually comes on like a turbo. I think this is perfect for trucks because it is hard enough to get traction so bringing on the power exponetionly works out great. 1000rwhp is achievable with a procharger...a little harder to do with a magnacharger or eaton or kennebell. Turbo is a little easy to do.

Bottom line..makes big power..comes on gradually. All this crap is my opinion though...so it doesn't mean much.

Quick Reply: Just ordered my new Procharger P-1sc