FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

KB Racing FULL Intercooled kit!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 10:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by kbracing96
All right guys, I have a FULL intercooled kit available now! It comes with a Master Power T70 turbo and Tial 38mm waste gate and 50mm blow off valve everything you see in the pics. It will require drilling and taping the oil pan for the turbo oil return and frame notching for the intercooler as seen in the pics, but it is in a NON structural, "crush zone" part of the frame. This is designed as an inexpensive budget kit, but craftsmanship is top notch so please keep that in mind.

The price of the kit is $4200 plus shipping.
A Master Power T76 is available for a $200 upgrade, but is subject to availability.

The kit WILL require fuel system (injectors and pump) and tune. Currently the kit will fit with electric fans, or 28 radiator with clutch fan but need to be specified when ordering as they use 2 different up pipes for the intercooler to the throttle body.

Wow. It look so sweet. I like it! I wonder what power max would be on my stock 5.3 run with t61 Let me know.
Old 10-13-2008, 09:09 AM
Hunt&Fisherator

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

There ya go whoring pics of my kit again

Guys, as I'm the first production kit he has built, I can vouch for this thing. I've got the kit in the pics sitting right here in front of me. I received it about 4pm on Friday and was sanding/stripping/prepping the hot side for coating by 5pm lol...I will post all the pics in my build thread but the coating I chose came out looking great! Its VHT 2000deg flameproof coating, I did mine in flat black. Still undecided on coating for the cold side. Everything is exactly as he described it.

The quality of the kit is outstanding!!! There are a couple small differences in the frontend of the 2wd and 4wd trucks that we have found by me mocking it up but I don't think it will be a problem. He built the kit on his truck, a 4wd and mines a lowered 2wd... A little difference but I know if there are any major differences or run into problems that Kyle will take care of me hey, somebody had to be the guinea pig right??
Old 10-13-2008, 09:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How hard is it to do the coating? How many coats do you use?

btw kit looks ****** great KB
Old 10-13-2008, 09:38 AM
Hunt&Fisherator

The coating wasn't bad at all, I did the log, stock manifold, and my DP. I sanded the DP and just cleaned it up since its already pretty clean. The stock manifold was rusted as most are and had the bolt on heat sheild. I removed the h/s and ran the bolts back in, then wire wheeled the whole manifold until it was bare cast iron, took my grinder to all the stamping and smoothed it all out, then shot 2 coats of VHT on it. This is the best looking stock manifold I've seen in a long time on the log, I did the same, wire wheel and sandpaper to get where the wheel wouldn't. I wiped everything down with alcohol prior to shooting to get grease and dust off. Hung the parts, put two coats on and let dry for about a day. I still need to put the manifolds in the oven and cure them.

The stuff is about 9 bucks a can here and I got it at O'rielys... Goes on really nice, not really like most paints, its very smooth. They offer different colors too.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by silver-mod-o
The coating wasn't bad at all, I did the log, stock manifold, and my DP. I sanded the DP and just cleaned it up since its already pretty clean. The stock manifold was rusted as most are and had the bolt on heat sheild. I removed the h/s and ran the bolts back in, then wire wheeled the whole manifold until it was bare cast iron, took my grinder to all the stamping and smoothed it all out, then shot 2 coats of VHT on it. This is the best looking stock manifold I've seen in a long time on the log, I did the same, wire wheel and sandpaper to get where the wheel wouldn't. I wiped everything down with alcohol prior to shooting to get grease and dust off. Hung the parts, put two coats on and let dry for about a day. I still need to put the manifolds in the oven and cure them.

The stuff is about 9 bucks a can here and I got it at O'rielys... Goes on really nice, not really like most paints, its very smooth. They offer different colors too.
got any pics of the coated manifolds?
Old 10-13-2008, 11:19 AM
Hunt&Fisherator

I do but not able to upload them right now... All I can do is send them via text right now lol... I wouldn't mind sending them though if someone could post them for me.

I've got quite a few pics.
Old 10-23-2008, 11:33 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Alright guys, I just found a source for a 2" narrower intercooler, so no frame notching required!
Old 10-23-2008, 12:06 PM
something else

Sweet. Man I am really kickin around of taking you up on that offer.

Now I was thinking do you lose power because it's only taking power from one bank of the motor?

Do you have any pics of the mock set up showing the back side of the motor?
Old 10-23-2008, 12:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by chevytruck
Sweet. Man I am really kickin around of taking you up on that offer.

Now I was thinking do you lose power because it's only taking power from one bank of the motor?

Do you have any pics of the mock set up showing the back side of the motor?
It uses both sides of the motor, notice the crossover that comes in the back of the pass side manifold?

Old 10-23-2008, 12:26 PM
something else

That is what I wanted to see.

Why that little flex pipe on the corner of the passanger side?

Quick Reply: KB Racing FULL Intercooled kit!!