Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 04:35 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What are the specs on your cam?
Old 08-15-2007, 09:10 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I never received the cam card, But I understand it is a rather dinky turbo cam. It idles with 18 inches of vacuum.
Old 08-15-2007, 09:20 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Seems like switching to a standard split may provide some decent gains then. That reverse split gas got to be hurting you and you may be able to get a bit more timing out of it due to reduced cylinder pressures. Im very interested to see how this setup turns out, as I said in my PM. Good luck
Old 10-06-2007, 11:40 AM
TECH Addict

New best of 13.67@ 97.5. This was a flawed run in that I was forced to lift right as the 2-3 shift was occuring (6300 rpm right at about the 1/8th mile) due some AFR creeping lean. I'm already past the limit of the motron 60's and a Walbro pump with the stock fuel line system. I had to add the boost-a-pump to keep the fuel pressure/volume up for the combo. I just needed to command a little richer AFR to have made a clean pass. The Alcohol injection did not work on that pass. With all things functioning and a smooth pass I would have seen a 13.5ish run at 100mph pretty easily. Oh well... on to next season.

Since the previous 13.95 at 98.5 I added a Meziere electric water pump, deleted the cats, and redid the exhaust to make it effectively a true dual 2.5 inch mandrel bent exhaust system with only bullet type mufflers... 3 inline on each side. Surprisingly, it is not any louder than it was with the previous corsa touring. The key was sticking with smaller pipes and the combination of mufflers. I ran a Magnaflow round case bullet into a 5x9 oval case bullet into a Hooker Aero chamber extreme on each side. No crossover pipe or X would fit in the allowable space. Obviously, the cats included in the long tube package were not really good for a FI combo. Their removal resulted in the vast majority of the gains.

I also did a McGaugheys 3/5 drop on the truck a couple of months ago. I changed it to a 3/4 drop with some slight modification as I prefer the raked stance to the flat stance.

Anyway, a little more tweaking on the fueling sytem and a conversion to a 2 BAR speed density tune should fix me right up for next season.
Old 10-06-2007, 11:53 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What do you think you are making for power?
Old 10-06-2007, 12:05 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by TBSS
What do you think you are making for power?

A lot more than I was with the old combo It's hard to say really. Maybe around 530rwhp? The online time to hp calcs don't work all that great and the best run I have is still flawed because I had to lift. Maybe I can get to one of the AWD dynos this winter to see for sure.
Old 10-13-2007, 03:37 PM
TECH Addict

The Halltech 4 inch MAF went on today. I'm about 1 hour into the MAF tuning/rescale but the truck is running smooth. I need to go out and put about another hour into it and it should be pretty much complete. I have not gone over 2 psi of boost so far... but the truck seems to be responding very well. Apparently the stock descreened MAF is still a restriction on the Blower.
Old 10-13-2007, 06:03 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

sounds good, I may need some help on my 4" MAF!
Old 10-13-2007, 08:11 PM
TECH Addict

Looks like the Kenne Bell is putting up 12-13 psi with some belt slip. Can't tell for sure if its a solid 13 psi or not... but I think it might be. The Motron 60's are still hanging on with the help of the Boost-a-pump. I did order a Katech tensioner on Friday. I hope that helps the belt slip some. If not... it will be time to go for the 8 rib setup and a custom pulley.

Here's the really interesting thing... I'm still running the 3.5 inch blower pulley. While I did move up to the Innovators West Crank pulley, I'm amazed at how much airflow was being held back by the exhaust and the MAF. The 3.5 pulley was only giving me 9 psi at first... but once the MAF was upsized, exhaust opened up, and the crank spun it 10% faster its kicking *** pretty good. I have no doubts that 18 psi is available with pulley changes. I don't see myself going there... but the blower can certainly support it.
Old 10-13-2007, 08:15 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by moregrip
sounds good, I may need some help on my 4" MAF!
Assuming you've scaled your MAF in the past... you'll find this pretty easy. I downloaded LPE's 4 inch MAF table from their Ebay advertisement. Its not really even close to what my truck needed for values... some were as much as 35% off from final values... but its pretty easy to dial in from the LPE base.

Its a real shame the PCM can't process values higher that 512 g/s. This MAF would keep most people happy.

Quick Reply: Kenne Bell 2.8 on 402/AFR 225/Long Tube- H2