FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Kenne Bell 2.8 on 402/AFR 225/Long Tube- H2

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2007, 05:14 PM
Destroyer of Transmissions

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
Or just run a bigger balancer...
That had crossed my mind as well but, wouldn't you need a bigger Alt pulley ,maybe even a bigger PS pulley so you don't over speed them with a bigger balancer?
Old 04-14-2007, 10:55 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

is there any chance your going to post pics this weekend?
Old 04-17-2007, 09:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What's the status? Hope all is well. Can't get enough of the new stuff, someone is going a little outside the box and I'd like to know if the sky's blue there too.
Old 04-18-2007, 02:27 AM
TECH Addict

Default Pics are finally up

Sorry it took so long... I've been super busy with some other R&D work not related to this project.

I'll have some info and notes soon.

In the meantime... Pics posted are posted...here

Last edited by XLR8NSS; 04-21-2007 at 01:01 PM.
Old 04-18-2007, 04:53 AM
Admin

Received 217 Likes on 173 Posts

Hey man, nice write up. It looks good.
Old 04-18-2007, 05:46 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fantastic write up! Very nice and clean in there, i like it a lot. That 4" intake looks sweet too.
Old 04-18-2007, 05:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Wow, I like that! But.....why can't they make it so the intake/throttle body is on the correct side.? Also, it looks like the truck's cooling system is plumbed into the intercooler, am I correct? Can't wait to see the results!
Old 04-18-2007, 10:41 AM
TECH Apprentice

OMG! Fantastic detail, I feel like I could do it myself now after looking at that! Was there anything else that had to be modified other than what you mentioned in the pictures?

Since you have the High boost model are you planning on running alky or something else down the road? What kind of max power are you shooting for and how much boost do you think you'll need to get there?

Thanks for all of the great info.
Old 04-18-2007, 06:54 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by wkdivr
Wow, I like that! But.....why can't they make it so the intake/throttle body is on the correct side.? Also, it looks like the truck's cooling system is plumbed into the intercooler, am I correct? Can't wait to see the results!
It would really be a big a big pain to swap it. The way the fuel lines run behind the compressor and the present location of the bypass tube would be issues. There would have to be some serious redesign to make it work. If it works as is... I can understand not doing a lot of extra work on the set up just to locate the TB in the "Radix Position". Honestly, with the 4 inch tubing it really isn't an issue where it is. It's really less of an issue if you have a regular GM truck. They plan for you to locate the airfilter on the same side as the TB up next to the radiator in the cold air stream. Just on the H2... there is no space there so I had to toss those parts and go back to the original spot. A truck install would be way easier!
Old 04-18-2007, 06:58 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by yurs78
OMG! Fantastic detail, I feel like I could do it myself now after looking at that! Was there anything else that had to be modified other than what you mentioned in the pictures?

Since you have the High boost model are you planning on running alky or something else down the road? What kind of max power are you shooting for and how much boost do you think you'll need to get there?

Thanks for all of the great info.
Looking to run about 12 psi and see how the built 4L60E transmission likes it.
Much more than that and I'm pretty sure it won't live... lol

Nothing else significant had to be modified. Like I said... this was GM truck kit and would fit a truck fine. It took careful consideration and planning to execute the install on my H2. Even the 60lb Motrons fit fine... no spacers required like the Radix. This kit is clearly derived from a C5 Vette kit which would of course already have the taller injectors

Quick Reply: Kenne Bell 2.8 on 402/AFR 225/Long Tube- H2