FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Kenne Bell 2.8 on 402/AFR 225/Long Tube- H2

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 12:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just joined this sight today and some may know me on the TBSS site, same user name. I installed my KB (same as CHarris kit) on my TBSS a couple months ago on a 408 stroker I had built back in Nov. 2006. Truck runs great but after driving it for two months, am still having belt slippage issues when I go hard on/off throttle. We put the spacer in like CHarris said prior and all the belts are in alignment. I went thru two stock tensioners before replacing the third with one from a Maggie kit which resolved that problem. Any help on this would be great. I have talked to others w/this problem and said to replace idler pulleys with larger ones. I'm hoping I'm not the only one who has run into this problem and it can be fixed easily.

Here is a video of my truck
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uf3rQEOq3So

Last edited by KASS SS; 04-26-2007 at 12:14 AM.
Old 04-26-2007, 04:07 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by KASS SS
Just joined this sight today and some may know me on the TBSS site, same user name. I installed my KB (same as CHarris kit) on my TBSS a couple months ago on a 408 stroker I had built back in Nov. 2006. Truck runs great but after driving it for two months, am still having belt slippage issues when I go hard on/off throttle. We put the spacer in like CHarris said prior and all the belts are in alignment. I went thru two stock tensioners before replacing the third with one from a Maggie kit which resolved that problem. Any help on this would be great. I have talked to others w/this problem and said to replace idler pulleys with larger ones. I'm hoping I'm not the only one who has run into this problem and it can be fixed easily.
It's really good to see you making 550RWHP with 9Lbs of boost on a rear wheel drive. Now, who's going to make a 3 inch "Truck Pulley" for these blowers?

Cory has not noticed any boost drop off (Belt Slip) with his stock combo yet, with the 3.5 Pulley....He is using the closest setting (farthest tward engine) on the adjustable pulley that's in the kit. You can also try the Gator Back Belt.....I know when Cory had a maggie on his combo with a 2.75 pulley, it would slip. He put that belt on and had full boost and no slippage....He had already installed a "Metco" idler pulley already that helped alot but did not get rid of the problem totally.
Old 05-08-2007, 04:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Is there anymore info to post about this build? Videos? Dyno's? Very informative read, thanks for everything. Please keep us posted.
Russ
Old 05-11-2007, 06:22 PM
TECH Addict

This kit is still doing great. Not a single issue or hiccup. I've been tweaking the tune here and there getting it dialed in closer to optimum at the current 9 psi level. I drive the truck daily at least 30 miles each day... no problems at all. Boost is there when I want it and is really easy to modulate with the throttle. I'm still blown away with how much smoother this combo is compared to the Radix. The power just comes on nice and in abundance.

I'm talking with Kenne Bell now about getting some additional pulleys made for this combo. Still no issues getting ahold of them, either. We'll see where the new pulleys come from. I would like to see Kenne Bell make them and offer them for sale for others as the TrailBlazer SS guys would like them too. Eventually we'll see some of these kits on Silverado's as well.

I've located an 8 inch crank pulley, too. Will likely get one later. Want to explore blower pulleys first.

I've got a snow meth/water injection kit sitting on the bench for install. Likely on this weekend.

I've got a set of Doug's cut-out's as well. These are a slide style rather than a butterfly. Very rugged design and looks much tougher than anything else out on the market. Looks especially good for a high heat area such as my intended installation location (between cats and header collectors). Will get these installed as soon as I can get time off to get them tig welded in at a nice shop.

I've got a 4 inch MAF I'll soon be testing out on the Forced Induction trucks for Halltech. It uses the new ZO6 MAF and is made out of a composite rather than Aluminum like the LPE. A very nice piece that I should have some data on after a couple of other things are tested.

Anyway... things are moving... I'm just to busy working on things to be on here making a bunch of fanfare. It took me a full drag season to get the Radix from 17.2ish stock H2 times down to 13.86 with the Radix maxed out and N2O on top of it. This one will take a little time as well.
Old 05-11-2007, 09:05 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How much do the H2's weigh?
Old 05-11-2007, 09:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

I think it says 6800 in his sig.
Thanks for the info. I think there's a small handful of people on here with a new KB on manifold set up. Not too much info going around either. I think there's a bunch of people interested in their stuff because they have some big claims on their web sight. It would be nice to hear the opinions of someone who's pushed the 112 pretty far and compare it to the 2.8. Good info is hard to come by, so anything that you have time for is tremendously appreciated.
Personally I'm just trying to figure out if I should just go with a KB kit or wait for the TVS.
Again, Thank you.
Russ
Old 05-12-2007, 01:32 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by yurs78
Good info is hard to come by, so anything that you have time for is tremendously appreciated.
Old 05-23-2007, 11:29 PM
TECH Addict

I've been doing some further refinement to my tune. As I've leaned out the mid range to a nice 11.00 AFR range (up from a sub 10 to 1 AFR) I'm now seeing a consistent 10-10.5 psi. This is a nice added gain that came from the DR X conversion to get a full throttle open from my ported LS2 TB and the excess fuel no longer drowning the boost.

I've got the water injection set up installed as well. Running 35% meth with that. Much like the previous Radix with the N2O... I can't feel it hit but know it is working. Again... the heavier the truck, the harder it is to "feel" gains. Now I'm waiting on the next street drags opportunity to see what it puts up for the first fully tuned outing.
Old 05-24-2007, 05:11 AM
Admin

Received 217 Likes on 173 Posts

Sounds like you are making progress. Good deal, I would like to see what it does as well.
Old 05-24-2007, 05:23 AM
On The Tree

My rig weighs in at like 6500, plus I'm at around 6300 elevation, so I feel your pain...lol

Quick Reply: Kenne Bell 2.8 on 402/AFR 225/Long Tube- H2