FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Kenne Bell 2.8 on 402/AFR 225/Long Tube- H2

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2007, 03:49 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=CHarris]

My 60 lb injectors are at 90-95%. Stock descreened MAF is maxed at about 3800-4000 rpm depending on outside temps.

How much fuel pressure are you running?Are you using a Kennebell Boost-a-Pump?Are you running the 100mm MAF?
Old 06-24-2007, 07:43 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 03sierraslt
Thats what I call a good update....
It just takes time to sit down and get something worthwhile to say. I hate reading about nothing... lol

Every step forward in performance carries penalties. I'm posting them all here. All issues get solved one way or another
Old 06-24-2007, 07:50 PM
TECH Addict

[QUOTE=whitt1]
Originally Posted by CHarris

My 60 lb injectors are at 90-95%. Stock descreened MAF is maxed at about 3800-4000 rpm depending on outside temps.

How much fuel pressure are you running?Are you using a Kennebell Boost-a-Pump?Are you running the 100mm MAF?
Hi Witt,

I'm still running on the Walbro pump only for now. I strongly suspect that I'll be putting the boost a pump back on when I remove the cats. Air flow is going to take a big step up again then. I know I'm still okay on the current injectors because I haven't had to program any crazy rich fueling yet on the PE table. But they will run out soon and volume will be the cause. I don't foresee a need for bigger injectors on my combo. I'm not going for that much power really.

The plan for the 100mm MAF was to install it after putting the cutouts on. Well, that plan took a detuour with the pulley issue. Now I see that the exaust is already too loud and don't see why I'd do cut-outs at this point. Once I decide upon a good exhaust plan I'll dyno or drag the combo and see where it is. Then I'll put the 100mm MAF on. I need to validate the gain for Halltech.
Old 06-24-2007, 09:35 PM
Admin

Received 217 Likes on 173 Posts

Just to clarify for my knowledge- You are running a 255lph pump, returnless system, feeding 60lb injectors? 95% Duty Cycle on a 402@12psi? Am I correct or did I miss something? Just trying to decide what to do with my own fuel system, I need 60lb injectors and wondering if my pump/returnless system will support them.....
Old 06-25-2007, 12:02 AM
TECH Addict

Just to clarify for my knowledge- You are running a 255lph pump, returnless system, feeding 60lb injectors? 95% Duty Cycle on a 402@12psi? Am I correct or did I miss something? Just trying to decide what to do with my own fuel system, I need 60lb injectors and wondering if my pump/returnless system will support them.....
There are no absolutes on these combo's, but yes I am running as you state. Don't focus on the boost, focus on the horsepower. 60's should carry you up about 700 engine horsepower IF you keep pressure and fuel volume to them. Add the magnavolt or the boost-a-pump if volume drops off.
Old 06-25-2007, 12:48 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm hoping to fire up my truck this week after countless re-fabrications of the fuel system.I'm also running 60lb injectors but with 85lbs of fuel pressure,3 big Bosch fuel pumps and fuel lines the size of garden hoses.Now I know why people buy pre-engineered kits,this has been a royal pain.
Old 06-25-2007, 04:37 PM
TECH Addict

charris:

whats up mang?! I lurk around alot on elcova with the other h2 guys and off roading is badass and in all, but this is more of my game. I want to slap the KB with the stock 6.0L and upgrade the trans/cooler.

Good to see you haven't given up on your H2. I hope to finish the camaro soon and then i'll have some resources to play with the H2.

Keep it coming, laterZ!
Old 06-25-2007, 06:12 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by obZidian
charris:

whats up mang?! I lurk around alot on elcova with the other h2 guys and off roading is badass and in all, but this is more of my game. I want to slap the KB with the stock 6.0L and upgrade the trans/cooler.

Good to see you haven't given up on your H2. I hope to finish the camaro soon and then i'll have some resources to play with the H2.

Keep it coming, laterZ!
How's it going? Good to see another cool H2 owner over here. There aren't many that know anything about this stuff. The Elcova forum was a joke, really. Just a silly boys club without much engine knowledge. Mostly check writers. I did see a couple of sharp guys around there though.

If you go with a KB you will have to fabricate some things. Its not a direct fit install. Yopu could definitely run it on a mostly stock long block. Might be better to get the 2.6 though. Would hate to break it on the lowest boost pulley combo with a 2.8.

You'll definitely want to get a hold of FLT to do a full tranny build on it. The KB is definitely capable of taking it out quickly!

Let me know if you need any help when you are ready. I'd be happy to share experience, solutions.
Old 06-25-2007, 08:29 PM
Admin

Received 217 Likes on 173 Posts

So what kind of fuel pressure do you get at WO high RPM?
Old 06-25-2007, 10:03 PM
TECH Addict

So what kind of fuel pressure do you get at WO high RPM?
It's a mystery. I haven't been concerned with it since I don't have a fueling issue yet. I just watch my AFR gauge and boost gauge and all is well in the world

Previously I ran into trouble with the 42's on the old 6 liter with Magnacharger combo. They needed the boost-a-pump and then after more mods, even that couldn't keep up. So I ran the 60's with the boost a pump (since the boost a pump was already installed). It was way overfueled then. So I ran the 60s only and all was well.

The current combo will require the boost-a-pump as well in the near future.

Quick Reply: Kenne Bell 2.8 on 402/AFR 225/Long Tube- H2