FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

kenne bell, whipple, or magnacharger?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 03:49 PM
Truck Sponsor

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by casey.shoemake
Ive been looking for awhile now and ive come across some reasonably priced superchargers for my 4.8. My buddy has a 02 2500HD with the magnacharger that hes taking off. I see alot of people on here with the maggies, but i dont see a whole lot with the whipple or even the kenne bell. Any particular reason for this? Id just like to get everyones opinion on these. Personally i like the kenne bell, but cant find a whole lot of info. or videos with them on GM stuff.
That will tell you what you need. If the kit you are getting is priced good no need to look elsewhere.
Whipple, no customer service.
KB??? not sure never delt with them one on one.
Old 07-26-2009, 03:55 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by charcoal03silvy
just to throw this out there, procharger?
I thought about it, but ive read on here that roots types give you alot more off idle torque where as the centrifugal kicks in about 3500 rpms. I like the whine that the roots make, the procharger sounds like somethings about to go out.
Old 07-26-2009, 04:15 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by TrickPerformanceProducts
That will tell you what you need. If the kit you are getting is priced good no need to look elsewhere.
Whipple, no customer service.
KB??? not sure never delt with them one on one.
Priced really good! Thats why i decided to get some input on the kenne bell because its the least expensive so far. Ive got a buddy with an 04 cobra with the KB and it makes awesome power and he hasnt had any problems so far. If I could find a TVS maggie for the same price as the KB id much rather have that.

Last edited by Hurley00; 07-26-2009 at 04:25 PM.
Old 07-26-2009, 04:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cheapest usu. means cheap. Inexpensive means u got a bargain on something, but it doesn't necessarily mean it is of inferior workmanship.
Old 07-26-2009, 11:36 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you want to swear a lot, rip your hair out, buy another vehicle while yours is inop, lose your marriage, and kick your dog, buy a Whipple or a Kenne Bell.
Old 07-26-2009, 11:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mr. Sandog
If you want to swear a lot, rip your hair out, buy another vehicle while yours is inop, lose your marriage, and kick your dog, buy a Whipple or a Kenne Bell.
Damn that sux.I have actually enjoyed custimizing my system.Then again I had a good idea of what I was in for when I purchased it.
Old 07-27-2009, 02:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by SincalT/A
...I have actually enjoyed customizing my system. Then again I had a good idea of what I was in for when I purchased it.
Long as u enjoyed customizing that's cool. But it seems to me, if u need a good tune, inj, & an intercooler, well then they're not really optimized. I mean that if bolting onto a factory stock ride. The Maggie does that from the get. It's when going outside stock, or outside what any manf. originally intended for a given product, costs go up, breakage prolly, & power (hopefully).
I like a slap pn & go approach. Just my .02.
Old 07-27-2009, 12:22 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by SincalT/A
Damn that sux.I have actually enjoyed custimizing my system.Then again I had a good idea of what I was in for when I purchased it.
The way I look at it is if the guy has to ask, then he's not the 'customizing' type (additionally, I think that if you have to do stuff to just get it running than that really isn't 'customizing,' it's 'necessary work to get it running').
Old 07-27-2009, 12:26 PM
How do I change this text

Originally Posted by hellbents10
Out of three you will be much happier with the maggie.
I agree
Old 07-27-2009, 02:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Mr. Sandog
The way I look at it is if the guy has to ask, then he's not the 'customizing' type (additionally, I think that if you have to do stuff to just get it running than that really isn't 'customizing,' it's 'necessary work to get it running').
Originally Posted by fastnblu
...But it seems to me, if u need a good tune, inj, & an intercooler, well then they're not really optimized. The Maggie does that from the get.
Exactly my point; just to get it running. Out of the box is what Maggie's excell at.

Quick Reply: kenne bell, whipple, or magnacharger?