FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Launching under boost, Brakes will not hold.

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2006, 10:24 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There was some talk awhile back about removing the ABS fuse, but I think that was just to aid in burnouts. You might want to do a search on it.
Old 01-09-2006, 11:43 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Wilde Racing
My stall is loose, but with my forcing tables all changed to help slip during lock-up, my stall speed has went down. I just thought there was a easy ABS solution.

you may want to check this. your lock up should have no effect when the vehicle isn't moving.
Old 01-10-2006, 12:20 AM
How do I change this text

Yes you are right but the only way to increase oil flow during lock-up is upping forcing motor table (line pressure from what I understand), this makes the tcc feel much tighter, and the shifts harsher, but it is the only way I have found to get the TCC not to slip too much. I plan on checking into getting a valve body mod. done to increase oil flow to the TCC. That way I don't have to run high line pressure.

What is the maxx TCC slip has anyone seen during lock-up?
Old 01-10-2006, 01:19 AM
hog
TECH Fanatic

There is a part that Precsion Industries sells for the 200r4 that allows more fluid to the TCC for a more positive TCC lockup.

The TCC is applied via pulsewidth modulation or PWM. In my Tunercat OBD2 tuning software, PWM acts like fuel injector pulsewidths, the more pulses the more fluid flows.

Simply raising line pressure isnt the correct way to go about this, you can adjust the rate of TCC apply and release via adjustments of the PWM solenoid via tuning.
Raising line pressure is hard on transmission internals.

There is a table in the newer PCM's that act like torque management when the brakes are applied. Its kind of like an anti burnout table.

A 4wheel line lock is what you need, this way you press down hard on the brakes, press the button, release the brakes this releasing teh brake switchthat tells the PCM to unlock the PCM and that tells teh PCM that the brakes are or are not applied.

Either HPTuners or EFILive have the option to completely remove these unwanted torque management like devices.

Alos, if you are seeing a lot of slip during TCC engagement, maybe you should switch to a 3 or 5 clutch disc TCC unit like teh Precsion Industries Vigilante.
http://www.converter.com/
get a hold of these guys, their website doesnt say much of anything, but they do have an information package that they send you for free that has ALL teh trans parts they do sell, I will look and see if that 200r4 trans part that increases fluid to the TCC is available for the 700/4l60e.

I really think that your slip during TCC can be tuned out.

If you cant get the revs up without the truck moving, you need a trans brake pure and simple.
A transbrake locks the trans in both 1st gear and reverse at the same time, you stage the trcuk, put the accelerator to the boards, then when its time to launch you let go of the button, and you shoot out of the hole at WOT.
There comes a point where no matterwhat you do, the brakes just will not help, a transbrake is what is needed.

the SY-Ty shuffle should help, on the line put her in neutral, rev the engine and then back into drive.

You could also swap in a 14 bolt 9.5" ring gear rear end out of a 2500 series or 2004,05,06 VHO B4V 2wd or Vortec Max truck or 2wd SS truck, they have the large rear drums, I have read that drum brakes hold more power at the line due to the surface area iof contact being much greater than the discs. You wouldnt have to worry about a broken rear then either.

goodluck
peace
Hog
Old 01-10-2006, 09:38 AM
How do I change this text

I have no Torque managment, and my PWM for my tcc is set at 99 for both min and max. Basically the tcc is getting as much oil as it can. I really think I need a valve body mod.
And thanks for all the ideas, but I like the rear disc of my truck for launching my boat. I will check out the website a give those guys a call.
Old 01-10-2006, 10:04 AM
TECH Veteran

4 wheel line lock??? come on, it's not that complicated. many other trucks out there pull it off without nearly as complicated of a system. transbrake??? it's a street truck. if you can't get the rpm as high as you'd like by loading the converter, you either need more torque or you need more stall speed. it's that simple.
Old 01-10-2006, 10:07 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Or you need the turbo on the right end of the vehicle along with the right converter. On a street vehicle. Trans brakes and 2 steps are for race cars/trucks. I pulled a 1.51 short time with a foot break and plan on a 1.39 or so this season.
Old 01-10-2006, 11:15 AM
I AM A MOTHERF*CKER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As others have already said, the Sy-Ty shuffle will should let you hold as long as you want.

Put the truck in neutral and mash the brake as hard as you can
While still mashing the brake, rev the truck to 4000ish rpm
As the rpms fall, your vacuum will spike and the brake pedal will sink closer to the floor
Put the truck in drive and rev her up

Depending on your torque and stall, you should be able to floor it and build as much boost as you want.
Old 01-11-2006, 04:26 AM
TECH Regular

What about a vacuum pump to help the brake booster when the engine cannot provide vacuum (i.e. boost)?