FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

livernois kit

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2006, 08:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GMC SKI
Or you can have something made locally ...
Pm me and i think i can help you out with something
Emissions legal and all
Make the Cat(s) bolt in so you can remove them after INS...
Old 05-09-2006, 09:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The livernois kit is emissions legal right? I was thinking about buying this kit but if it can't pass inspection then I won't get it.
Old 05-09-2006, 10:00 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Charged_5.3
The livernois kit is emissions legal right? I was thinking about buying this kit but if it can't pass inspection then I won't get it.
prety sure it isn't. i dont think there is any way to make a front mount turbo kit legal in states where they care about that kind of thing. i tink the sts is legal.
Old 05-09-2006, 10:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

the sts is legal emission legal in california.... carb exception number EO# D-593 as long as you have a 6.0l or a 5.3l...
Old 05-10-2006, 08:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by parish8
prety sure it isn't. i dont think there is any way to make a front mount turbo kit legal in states where they care about that kind of thing. i tink the sts is legal.
What its not emissions legal? Even if it has cats on? Man I really don't want to have to remove the turbo everytime I got to pass inspection. Wait, don't YOU have a front mount turbo? How are you passing inspection?
Old 05-10-2006, 09:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Charged_5.3
What its not emissions legal? Even if it has cats on? Man I really don't want to have to remove the turbo everytime I got to pass inspection. Wait, don't YOU have a front mount turbo? How are you passing inspection?
It doesn't have a C.A.R.B. exemption. Pretty much any modification BEFORe the cats is not legal, unless it has a C.A.R.B exemption number. I believe Parish lives where emissions are not enforced cuz his setup wouldn't fly in Cali.

STS has a C.A.R.B number.
Old 05-11-2006, 03:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

we don't need the exemption number up here but what's on there from the factory has to be working for roadside inspections. I'd just run a high flow to avoid all the headaches with the cat but in the pictures of the Livernois kit it looks like the egr is deleted. that would be too much of a PITA to work around
Old 05-11-2006, 04:48 AM
Cuz I AM a BADMOFO

Do they physically inspect for EGR? You know it was deleted by Chevrolet in like 2001 or 2002 right? How thorough are they?
Old 05-11-2006, 04:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BADMOFO
Do they physically inspect for EGR? You know it was deleted by Chevrolet in like 2001 or 2002 right? How thorough are they?
they got sources for what should and shouldn't be there for each year. not sure what they use, but the fines make it not worth the risk to find out (pretty much each fine is $400 for any missing components)

They're trying to crack down on street racing by targeting modified vehicles, so if it looks, sounds or is imported it'll probably be inspected. They're even calling your insurance company and telling them what mods you have and the only reason to have them is for SR
Old 05-11-2006, 11:06 AM
Cuz I AM a BADMOFO

Originally Posted by augiedog77
they got sources for what should and shouldn't be there for each year. not sure what they use, but the fines make it not worth the risk to find out (pretty much each fine is $400 for any missing components)

They're trying to crack down on street racing by targeting modified vehicles, so if it looks, sounds or is imported it'll probably be inspected. They're even calling your insurance company and telling them what mods you have and the only reason to have them is for SR
GOD bless America!

Quick Reply: livernois kit