FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Livernois or Trick Turbo?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 09:47 PM
Truck Sponsor

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by 2toneblown
I am sure the Trick set up is very nice and I like to hear that you guys are standing behind yalls work with the 1 year warranty on pipes and welds. I have personally never came across with a Trick set up but cant wait to see one. I have just never been a fan of the log style header which is why I would prefer the Livernois old kit over a Trick kit or even a new style Livernois kit. I guess I probably should have explained that better in the previous post. In no way was I trying to bash Trick or any other company. Sorry
WE both use log sytle set ups now. The performance is there, and I did not take your post as bashing, just looking for opinions. I have never seen there log until today.
Talk to poeple look around and I am sure you will find something that will work for you.
If there is anything I can do for just let me know.
Old 03-22-2007, 09:57 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really like the fact that Trick is a sponsor, and takes the time out of their day to respond on this website. If I lived in another state and where buying a kit right now, I would really be interested in the Trick kit. Sounds like they have a really nice kit. It just needs some crazy guy like me to push the limits of the kit on a stock bottom end and see what you get. I wonder what 25 psi would be like on a front mount? WOW!
Old 03-23-2007, 03:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am getting ready to pull the radix off this weekend and put on an old style Livernois kit, and I can tell you that the parts that come in the kit look great. The welds look top notch and so does the coating. Im sure the new Livernois kit and the Trick kit are extremely comprable to eachother, and I will let you know in a couple of weeks what I think about it. I am heading down to San Antonio to have the truck tuned at Nelson's so Im sure I will get to see a Trick Kit first hand to compare it to the Livernois kit. We have all seen log manifolds produce incredible numbers, Parish8, so I dont really think they are going to hinder anyone on here's performance goals. It is all about personal preference, customer service, and most of all empty wallets!
Old 03-23-2007, 08:58 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by TURBO8
I really like the fact that Trick is a sponsor, and takes the time out of their day to respond on this website. If I lived in another state and where buying a kit right now, I would really be interested in the Trick kit. Sounds like they have a really nice kit. It just needs some crazy guy like me to push the limits of the kit on a stock bottom end and see what you get. I wonder what 25 psi would be like on a front mount? WOW!
Im sure its jsut a matter of time before Livernois sponsors this site, they already sponsor LS1Tech, so im sure its just a temporary oversight
Old 03-23-2007, 09:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TrickPerformanceProducts
IT is true other kits has been around longer then ours, and so be there would be more people have had them. We have been busy building and selling kits and hot pipes, but only few where from this site.
Ours are build from stainless and can be coated if you like.
We offer blow off valve with ever kit, and can easily add the T76 turbo if nedd be.
Nelsons builds a very clean Air/Air IC for the unit and can give the tuner support (and installationif need be) needed for a very complete install.
We also give our kits a 1 year warranty of all pipes, and welds.
Feel free to pm me if you need anything or give Allen a call at Nelsons.
What are the specs on the t76 turbo?
Old 03-23-2007, 05:47 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 88ls1blazer
Im sure its jsut a matter of time before Livernois sponsors this site, they already sponsor LS1Tech, so im sure its just a temporary oversight
You are probably right! I am by no means bashing any of the kits, hell I love my sts kit. I just love turbos, and I think it is great that these companies are putting out these kits. It only gives us chevy guys more options, they are all great kits.
Old 03-23-2007, 09:30 PM
Truck Sponsor

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by 00Z71
What are the specs on the t76 turbo?
t76 with a .96 a/r.
Old 03-23-2007, 10:48 PM
I AM A MOTHERF*CKER

Originally Posted by TURBO8

Agreed. It goes a long way in my book that Trick is here as a part of the community, helping out, offering expertise. Vote with your wallets fellas...
Old 03-25-2007, 03:47 PM
Launching!

sorry guys, no luck on finding any other pictures, ill keep looking
Old 03-25-2007, 09:32 PM
Teching In

I have been "daily driving" my Trick turbo setup for about 5k miles now, I can honestly say the kit is nothing short of awesome. My forced induction experiance is limited, but the kit speaks for its self everytime I blow by a mustang in a 5500 lbs. truck. The turbo consistantly spools at about 1500 rpm, giving me full boost by 1800 rpm, needless to say the off the line power is amazing. I still havnt had any tranny issues and am still using a stock torque converter. I am sure the Livernois kit is awesome, just look at the forum. But as anybody on here with forced induction can tell you, it is absolutly priceless to have good tech support and warranty. For some reason parts always seem to fail at the worst time possible. I can only speak from my experience with Allen (Nelson Performance) and Trick when i say they both bend over backwards to help and fix what you need... It my take a phone call or two to reach him he provides great service so obviously he is in demand, but Allen always comes through for you.

BTW, the only issue I have had really had nothing to do with Trick, and that was a loose silicon connector on the intake piping, 5 minutes and i was good to go...not to bad for 5000 miles of hard driving.

Quick Reply: Livernois or Trick Turbo?