FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Livernois or Trick Turbo?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 01:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MrXerox
Hard to argue with the old livernois design in any way
Agreed Call me crazy but I like wrenching on my truck. And as a daily driver I can't see changing my plugs before 10k miles... pulling the entire passenger header / turbo assembly to change plugs would be an excellant Saturday project. Save for possible broken bolts/studs or an occasional knuckle buster I think it would be fun... just have spare hardware on hand. I still would have bought the Livernois kit a year ago knowing the spark plug changing difficulties... but they wouldn't sell me one because of the redesign the kit was going through. Oh well... I'm quite happy with my Radix... but already bored with the power. I know that once I turn the screws in with upgrades like pulley's, an MP122H, or TVS head unit... other **** will start breaking and then there goes my daily driver reliability. No doubt I still think about going to the dark side
Old 03-29-2007, 11:25 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 06z71sierra
The turbo consistantly spools at about 1500 rpm, giving me full boost by 1800 rpm, needless to say the off the line power is amazing.
So you're saying you have full boost (~6psi) by 1800rpm in 1st gear, from a dead stop, without stalling it up? What turbo, engine size, rear gear etc???
Old 03-29-2007, 01:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Bill Reid
Agreed Call me crazy but I like wrenching on my truck. And as a daily driver I can't see changing my plugs before 10k miles... pulling the entire passenger header / turbo assembly to change plugs would be an excellant Saturday project. Save for possible broken bolts/studs or an occasional knuckle buster I think it would be fun... just have spare hardware on hand. I still would have bought the Livernois kit a year ago knowing the spark plug changing difficulties... but they wouldn't sell me one because of the redesign the kit was going through. Oh well... I'm quite happy with my Radix... but already bored with the power. I know that once I turn the screws in with upgrades like pulley's, an MP122H, or TVS head unit... other **** will start breaking and then there goes my daily driver reliability. No doubt I still think about going to the dark side

Well with my experience and being in the middle of the Livernois install. I would suggest buying hot parts and fabing the rest your self. The hot parts are the most difficult and time consuming to fabricate. The rest you can probably do for the same money or cheaper, and It will be designed specifically for your application.
Old 03-29-2007, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by thunderwagen
Well with my experience and being in the middle of the Livernois install. I would suggest buying hot parts and fabing the rest your self. The hot parts are the most difficult and time consuming to fabricate. The rest you can probably do for the same money or cheaper, and It will be designed specifically for your application.
I don't think Rick will sell me just the hot parts. Hey Rick... if you are monitoring the thread shoot me a PM if you will sell me just the hot parts and a turbo. I swear I'll keep my mouth shut
Old 03-29-2007, 05:59 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by vanillagorilla
So you're saying you have full boost (~6psi) by 1800rpm in 1st gear, from a dead stop, without stalling it up? What turbo, engine size, rear gear etc???
No, haha, that is definatly with stalling it up. My point in saying that was that from what i understand is that most turbo setups require an aftermarket torque converter to get a decent amount of boost off of the line and I have only a STOCK torque converter I can get full boost, which ends up being approx. 5.5-6 psi. And also my rear end is stock and 5.3l engine, but i would however like to get higher stall for when I do go up to 10-15 psi...
Old 03-29-2007, 06:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

I don't think Rick will sell me just the hot parts. Hey Rick... if you are monitoring the thread shoot me a PM if you will sell me just the hot parts and a turbo. I swear I'll keep my mouth shut
I asked them about just hot parts when the first design first came out and they told me they really didn't want to sell just hot parts, but if they did, they would be in the $2500 range.
Old 03-29-2007, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by kbracing96
I asked them about just hot parts when the first design first came out and they told me they really didn't want to sell just hot parts, but if they did, they would be in the $2500 range.
Well, maybe if we raised enough interest maybe they would change their minds (?)

Bill
Old 03-29-2007, 11:18 PM
Truck Sponsor

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by vanillagorilla
With the INTRO combo on a stock 6.0L with 4.10 gears no problem hitting 6psi before 2000rpms without foot breaking. The 5.3 just needs a little more time I guess. We'll find out once this 07 is done. Amazing difference in the trucks 06-07. had to refit a couple of items. but the room allows for a nice water to air IC without gutting anything.
Old 03-29-2007, 11:22 PM

Keep up the good work Trick!!!!

Bill
Old 03-29-2007, 11:35 PM
Truck Sponsor

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

Well, maybe if we raised enough interest maybe they would change their minds (?)

Bill
Hello Bill,
Retail is 2400.00 on the hot parts. But without buying it as a kit, we have no way knowing the turbo you are going to use. Sure all T4 will bolt up but if the vband clamp is not at the same point in space, the downpipe might not fit.
So how about this?
If you are interested we will pay the freight on hot parts orders.
We are just about to start production run, and can make a few more sets right along with it.,

In the begining we really were going to sell just the hot parts but people have convience us to. The reasoning is they already had ever thing else, from there other kits. So we agreed and have sold quit a few sets.

Quick Reply: Livernois or Trick Turbo?