FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

livernois turbo guys burning plug wires

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2009, 07:54 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WJ MARK
Trick hot parts will solve your problem!
lol, ive heard that before, my sleeves are always fine, never looked like that got hot at all but the wires melted inside of them.

just want to see if anyone went around the manifold or relocated the coils
Old 04-25-2009, 08:08 AM
Hunt&Fisherator

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I'm sure relocating the coils with custom length wires and keeping the sleeves will only help.
Old 04-25-2009, 09:09 AM
TECH Apprentice

just trying to see if there is anything simple im not thinking of, yes i know trick stuff is the simplest way lol
Old 04-25-2009, 09:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by lafnlt1
just trying to see if there is anything simple im not thinking of, yes i know trick stuff is the simplest way lol
No ****, I am sure hes thankful for all you guys help, now he has still gotten nowhere. Livernois knows of the problem, hence why they redesigned the manifold to a log style just like the KB and Trick kits. Either way I have had 3 of the old kits and have figured out how to use it without a problem and love it and still wouldnt go to a KB or Trick.
Old 04-25-2009, 10:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I build my own wires for #2 and #6 in my case. All MSD stuff... and I also use Cool Sox... works for me No plug wire problems anymore once I got the length and boot angle right (for my kit). The crimpers are expensive but IMO worth it... because I want to be prepared to build another wire or 2 if the need ever arises. Probably 7k miles since my last plug change (and wire build). And this is my daily driver so I totally rely on this truck. The MSD parts have proven flawless for me. BTW, the coil boots are also available through MSD just not shown in this pic.

Bill

Old 04-25-2009, 10:30 AM
12 Second Truck Club

I don't even use the sleeves. Im not sure how the Livernois kit is layed out but im sure you could re route the wires
Old 04-25-2009, 11:58 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 2toneblown
No ****, I am sure hes thankful for all you guys help, now he has still gotten nowhere. Livernois knows of the problem, hence why they redesigned the manifold to a log style just like the KB and Trick kits. Either way I have had 3 of the old kits and have figured out how to use it without a problem and love it and still wouldnt go to a KB or Trick.
I dont mind the kit at all, I really have not had any problem at all besides this. I really like the design on the hot side, yet it is a little bit of a pain to work with, ive gotten it down to a science working with it, I can change plugs in 20 min no problems. It does help to be a foremen at a dealer with 2 bays, my truck will just sit on one till im done with what ever i need to do.

I have some misc LT1 wires im playing with now to see if i can reroute them.

Next step is a carb style intake and coil relocations with custom length wires.
Old 04-25-2009, 02:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

I like the design much better myself aswell. I too work at a shop and have found the art of changing these plugs in half an hour or so opposed to the few hours it use to take me when I first got a kit. I think I am going to do the carb style or sheet metal intake next. Sorry I couldnt help you with a better solution.
Old 04-25-2009, 03:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

id like to do a sheet metal intake, it would fill the engine bay, it would be a little higher on the cool meter on appearence then a carb style.
Old 04-26-2009, 05:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

The problem you are having is a big part of why I got rid of it. The best thing I found to do was the msd wires and
Bend them out of the way then zip tie them up until they clear the header.

Quick Reply: livernois turbo guys burning plug wires