FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Magna Charger Issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 08:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Magna Charger Issues

I will try to make this quick.....I had a Magna Charger installed on my F150 4x4 this weekend. My dealer could not get the tuner that came with the kit to upload to the truck computer. Since this was on Saturday, he could not contact anyone at MC for help. He ended up downloading an update off the internet in order to get the truck running. The truck runs, but I don't think it is anywhere near what it should be. I can tell a difference, but it just doesn't run right to me. We head to the dyno first thing tomorrow morning to see what it is doing. Has anyone else experienced issues with the tuner that MC sends with their kit? So far..............I am pretty disappointed with how the truck runs. I had a boost gauge installed and it is running 5 lbs max boost.
Hopefully we can contact MC tomorrow after the dyno and get this thing running like it should be.
Is the powertrain warranty that MC offers worth the extra $200?
Old 10-26-2008, 08:37 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Contact BLOWNCHEVY on here, I would not be running the ballz off of it on the dyno if it is not tuned correct. BOOM

John
Old 10-26-2008, 08:38 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Best thing to do is to get to the dyno and see what your air fuel ratio and timing are. If they aren't good then you probably aren't gonna feel a huge improvement with only 5psi.

Not sure on the powertrain warranty, I never have left the stock pulleys/tunes on so it would be money down the drain for me.

Blownchevy will probably check in this thread. He is a MC employee and resident maggie guru.
Old 10-26-2008, 08:51 PM

I installed the Magna Charger in order to improve my towing power and all around driving fun factor. This is my daily driver and work truck, so I need it as dependable as possible. I am heading to New Mexico this next weekend for a week of elk hunting and will be driving a total of about 2,000 miles. This deal has got to get straightened out quick. Right now I don't have a warm fuzzy fealing about the whole deal! Hopefully the dyno will give us the information needed to make the correct changes. Thanks for the replies!
Old 10-26-2008, 09:00 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

OH YEAH, Welcome to the site!!!

It really sounds like their could be some tuning issues if the dealer had to get some sorta update just to get the truck running. It's really tough to say though. Post up whatever you find out at the dyno tomorrow.
Old 10-26-2008, 09:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

It also could be the Superchips handheld. When I swapped gears and tried to reprogram it, Superchips could not load. Come to find out, Superchips requires 12.1 volts to reprogram (or some volt close to that). It says it in the Superchips manual. I ended up frying my computer. Needless to say, thanks to that little mishap, I found my local tuner.
Old 10-26-2008, 09:09 PM

Thanks for the welcome! The dealer was pretty pissed that they sent a SCT that wouldn't work. He spend 6 hours on Saturday trying to get the program to upload after working till midnight on Friday getting the MC install completed. That was 6 hours he hadn't planned on spending on this install. Luckly he didn't charge me for all the extra time!
I will let everyone know how this all turns out tomorrow after the dyno run and talking with MC. I am really excited about getting the truck running correctly and enjoying the extra power.
Old 10-26-2008, 09:12 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds good, hope ya get yo **** right, ohhh yah welcome..

John
Old 10-26-2008, 09:18 PM

My dealer can tune the truck, but we were trying to keep the MC warranty from being voided. I assume the only way to do that is do all the tuning through Magna Charger. Tomorrow should be an interesting day.
Old 10-26-2008, 09:42 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Would help if we knew the year of your truck? IF your truck is 2007 or newer you need to download a software upgrade from the SCT website in order to get the hand held to work. If he got the handheld to upload then the calibration is in the truck. The F150 system adds 100-110 RWHP to the trucks, remember the F-150 is a pig to start with.....

Quick Reply: Magna Charger Issues