FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Magna Charger TVS

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 01:21 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Brian~ I know it has been said, but how is the TVS that nuch different than the current 122H??? Just trying to wrap my little turbo mind around it.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:29 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 8ALTNG
Brian~ I know it has been said, but how is the TVS that nuch different than the current 122H??? Just trying to wrap my little turbo mind around it.

larger supercharger, new rotor design that is comparable to a turbo in performance.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Brian,
I hope this isn't too off topic but wondering if you know if Magnuson ever considered a composite manifold base? I could see where there might be some material strength issues due to the need to support blower drive. But just wondering if there are any other WOW goodies coming from Magnuson that you can comment on...
Thanks,
Bill
Old 05-09-2007, 02:03 PM
blownerator

Originally Posted by Bill Reid
Brian,
I hope this isn't too off topic but wondering if you know if Magnuson ever considered a composite manifold base? I could see where there might be some material strength issues due to the need to support blower drive. But just wondering if there are any other WOW goodies coming from Magnuson that you can comment on...
Thanks,
Bill

Yes, they have considered it, but for a boosted application it was given the thumbs down. Not to mention cost of tooling and manufacturing was a bit higher for the shorter runs.

As for the WOW goodies, there is ALOT going on but I would have to kill you if I told you J/K
Old 05-09-2007, 02:16 PM
blownerator

Easier to cut and paste than try to explain:
Originally Posted by Eaton Website
Eaton’s new Twin Vortices Series (TVS) is a roots-type supercharger for a variety of engine applications that delivers more power and better fuel economy in a smaller package, for uncompromising, high-performance driving.

The TVS supercharger’s patented design features four-lobe rotors and high-flow inlet and outlet ports that greatly enhance thermal efficiency, deliver higher volumetric capacity, and enable higher operating speeds. The TVS supercharger is capable of running with a high thermal efficiency (up to 76 percent) across a very wide operating range.

The improvements incorporated into the TVS design allow for the use of a smaller supercharger, reducing the package size and weight of the system. The sizes range from 350cc to 2300cc per revolution, and cover engines from 0.6 liter up to large displacement V-engines. All TVS superchargers have a 2.4 pressure ratio capability and a thermal efficiency that exceeds 70 percent, which enables more compact packaging and greater output.

The twin four-lobe rotors feature 160-degree twists. The higher helix angle of the rotors coupled with a redesigned inlet and outlet ports, improves the TVS’s air-handling characteristics without increasing the overall size of the unit. The TVS improved noise and vibration characteristics eliminate additional noise-reduction treatments, complexity and system cost.

The TVS sets a new standard of boosting device performance and reaffirms Eaton’s leadership in the performance automotive market!
Old 05-09-2007, 03:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds expensive
Old 05-09-2007, 03:50 PM
blownerator

Originally Posted by Z06 DREAMING
Sounds expensive
wont be as bad as you think.
Old 05-09-2007, 03:54 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is there a boost efficiency sheet for the TVS?
Old 05-09-2007, 03:58 PM
blownerator

This is for the 1900:
Old 05-09-2007, 04:04 PM
blownerator

Quick Reply: Magna Charger TVS