FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Magna Charger TVS1900 4.8L 10 PSI, Canyon Carving time :)

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 05:14 PM
Hunt&Fisherator

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I dont knwo exactly the extent of what you want to do but a transaxle setup would be the best possible scenario for weight distribution for these nose heavy pigs.
Old 03-24-2010, 05:18 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by silver-mod-o
I dont knwo exactly the extent of what you want to do but a transaxle setup would be the best possible scenario for weight distribution for these nose heavy pigs.
agreed. My plan for now its to take it as far as I can on what I have available over the counter. The future may hold a nice coil over / C6 trans axle combo.

I am limited on resources and time right now, so the quickest way to "fun" for me is bolt on performance. I have been down the custom road before, and it was a bumpy one.
Old 03-24-2010, 05:24 PM
Hunt&Fisherator

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by BlownChevy
agreed. My plan for now its to take it as far as I can on what I have available over the counter. The future may hold a nice coil over / C6 trans axle combo.

I am limited on resources and time right now, so the quickest way to "fun" for me is bolt on performance. I have been down the custom road before, and it was a bumpy one.
I'm 100% with you... thats why my build will be done the way it is.
Old 03-24-2010, 05:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your bolting on DJM suspension with sway bars and calling this a canyon carving truck? How serious are you about making this truck actually safe and capable of tackling that task? If your bolting on a DJM kit with some sway bars I would reconsider, but that's just me. Safety and performance are a main concern.

I think the idea is great, but a lot goes into making a truck actually perform in the twistys and be safe at the same time. Camber, caster, Ackerman, scrub radius, center of gravity, weight front and rear etc all play a significant roll in handling characteristics. On left turns when your driver inner tire is drooped out, what is your camber going to be at to determine your contact patch on the roadway? What about the contact patch on the right side during that turn when it's close to full bump? What type of rear diff is going to be utilized to keep traction controllable while being predictable? What type of shock is going to be used?

Sounds like a cool project and I'm just throwing out some things to consider before money gets dumped on items that won't perform to your expectations as well as the possibiliy of making the truck unsafe to drive at the level you may be expecting. I'd look towards the rally and drift type cars for suspension setups since you won't find many people building trucks like you describe.

Enjoy the build. The idea is great.
Old 03-24-2010, 05:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by EVILGMC
i got it one piece at a time and it didnt cost me a dime...

Something 6 speed w/. paddle shifting? You officially suck! Sounds cool but u still suck.

Who's got Brian's supercharger now!!!!

Long as Jules doesn't get it, I'll be OK. He's not worthy.
Old 03-24-2010, 05:44 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Dezert1500
Your bolting on DJM suspension with sway bars and calling this a canyon carving truck? How serious are you about making this truck actually safe and capable of tackling that task? If your bolting on a DJM kit with some sway bars I would reconsider, but that's just me. Safety and performance are a main concern.

I think the idea is great, but a lot goes into making a truck actually perform in the twistys and be safe at the same time. Camber, caster, Ackerman, scrub radius, center of gravity, weight front and rear etc all play a significant roll in handling characteristics. On left turns when your driver inner tire is drooped out, what is your camber going to be at to determine your contact patch on the roadway? What about the contact patch on the right side during that turn when it's close to full bump? What type of rear diff is going to be utilized to keep traction controllable while being predictable? What type of shock is going to be used?

Sounds like a cool project and I'm just throwing out some things to consider before money gets dumped on items that won't perform to your expectations as well as the possibiliy of making the truck unsafe to drive at the level you may be expecting. I'd look towards the rally and drift type cars for suspension setups since you won't find many people building trucks like you describe.

I wouldnt worry about Brain, hes been modifying vehicles since you were learning how to ride a bike
Old 03-24-2010, 05:55 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Dezert1500

Well, **** I knew I missed something. Thanks for the heads up, I will take all of that into consideration. I am a fool to think I can take this in stages and grow the truck with driving ability.
Old 03-24-2010, 09:00 PM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I know you know what your doing Brian, no doubt!!
But I took a ride in Matt's truck this weekend (Dezert1500) and he really had his suspension dialed in like a ****! The truck rode pretty much like a dream and it's absolutely SLAMMED.
Old 03-24-2010, 11:06 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Very nice setup. That red is going to look great on there. With the way those TVS1900's are you'll have one fun shift point. The 4L60E with a good shift kit in there should be good for a decently long life. I've been waiting for a really well setup 4.8L at around 10-12psi with a TVS1900. Congrats on getting back into a truck, I'm sure you've missed it.
Old 03-25-2010, 10:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the red blower looks like the first ones that I saw eaton test on that one AWD reg cab truck...looks good.

Quick Reply: Magna Charger TVS1900 4.8L 10 PSI, Canyon Carving time :)