FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Magna Charger TVS1900 4.8L 10 PSI, Canyon Carving time :)

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 02:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BlownChevy
Well, **** I knew I missed something. Thanks for the heads up, I will take all of that into consideration. I am a fool to think I can take this in stages and grow the truck with driving ability.
I was only posting to try and help out as there are a lot of variables involved in making a "canyon carving" truck. From the posts in this subject so far I saw nothing of the sort elaborating on what a truck of this purpose would entail, let alone someone that has built one. Building a truck of this type is not something you see many if any people doing, so me being one of them and coming from an extensive past of dealing with suspension design I figured I'd post a few key items to research. I was by no means saying you had no idea what you were doing. If you have it all figured out then I was unaware from your posts, as all I saw was what had been posted and don't know you or your history.

If my truck wasn't going through the process of being built into a completly different truck than it is now, I'd already have this truck cut up and dialed driving on a twisty as I type this. Instead I was on here trying to help a fellow truck enthusiast. As my truck sits it's a basic, very driveable canyon capable truck that gets the job done. The process of building a track truck has already been written and the book closed. I just did it on the side for fun as I had never seen it done.

Thanks Julian glad you liked it. Not bad eh for being 2" off the ground and 2+tons. One of these days will have to go for a real run down some twistys. Only if I can sit shotgun in your truck when it's done haha.

Last edited by Dezert1500; 03-25-2010 at 03:15 PM.
Old 03-25-2010, 02:31 PM
I AM A MOTHERF*CKER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dezert1500

Thanks Julian glad you liked it. Not bad eh for being 2" off the ground and 2+tons. One of these days will have to go for a real run down some twistys. Only if I can sit shotgun in your truck when it's done haha.
Now that's a big assumption!

Like I'm one to talk...
Old 03-25-2010, 04:40 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I was only posting to try and help out as there are a lot of variables involved in making a "canyon carving" truck. From the posts in this subject so far I saw nothing of the sort elaborating on what a truck of this purpose would entail, let alone someone that has built one. Building a truck of this type is not something you see many if any people doing, so me being one of them and coming from an extensive past of dealing with suspension design I figured I'd post a few key items to research. I was by no means saying you had no idea what you were doing. If you have it all figured out then I was unaware from your posts, as all I saw was what had been posted and don't know you or your history.

If my truck wasn't going through the process of being built into a completly different truck than it is now, I'd already have this truck cut up and dialed driving on a twisty as I type this. Instead I was on here trying to help a fellow truck enthusiast. As my truck sits it's a basic, very driveable canyon capable truck that gets the job done. The process of building a track truck has already been written and the book closed. I just did it on the side for fun as I had never seen it done.

I will be fine, thats for the advice.
Old 03-25-2010, 04:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Whats the specs on your truck? im liking the idea of a well handling truck and looking at making some of my own sway bars. would rather build than buy
Old 03-25-2010, 06:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

If my truck wasn't going through the process of being built into a completely different truck than it is now, I'd already have this truck cut up and dialed driving on a twisty as I type this. Instead I was on here trying to help a fellow truck enthusiast. As my truck sits it's a basic, very driveable canyon capable truck that gets the job done. The process of building a track truck has already been written and the book closed. I just did it on the side for fun as I had never seen it done.

No one accused him of havin tact.
Not to jack, but got any pics u can throw up? I mean it's still related, since u discussed suspension, right? If not, like said, some specs?
Old 03-25-2010, 06:56 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by fastnblu
No one accused him of havin tact.
Not to jack, but got any pics u can throw up? I mean it's still related, since u discussed suspension, right? If not, like said, some specs?
for pics of his truck look at dave gtg pictures. Its the only reg cab thats 2 inches off the ground
Old 03-25-2010, 09:27 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Everyone's input is welcome, that is what these forums are all about.

This is supposed to be a new deal from DJM, redesigned from the ground up. I am going to give them a shot, worst case scenario I have to remove it for something else, only out the labor since they are using the truck for test fitment. I guess you all can consider me a sacrificial Lamb?

On a side note, not that I disagree with Desert1500, I really do not. I have hundreds of years of experience surrounding me in the building, and ALLOT of it guys that were and are on the cutting edge of suspension performance. Jerry Magnuson, Jerry Grant, Jerry Kugel (god thats allot of Jerrys), and the AAR group is through the shop quite often, these guys were on the cutting edge of road and circle track racing.......I am in good hands with them and our fabrication shop. We have some of the best welders, designers, and engineers in the industry, not to mention my contacts in Detroit that love G Jobs ....those resources are always available to me .

I am taking a different approach to this truck, some may like it, some may not.....But its my way Eventually I may go to the extreme with a full coil over panard bar suspension specifically designed for road race and canyons. The beauty of this is if I decide that this is the direction I want to go after spending some time driving and enjoying it....THEN I can spend the time and money to modify the truck even further. If I decide that I DO NOT want to go that direction and I just want to cruise the truck, then I can do so and I am out nothing.

The ONE thing I take into consideration when I modify vehicles is resale, and a truck that is modified to far beyond what most would be comfortable with is worthless. I have learned this over the years, and I am going to use the education in my decision making. This is advice I try to hand down to each person starting out in modding vehicles, when all is said and done you can have a 80K vehicle that you could not get 15k out of.
Old 03-25-2010, 09:30 PM
Restricted User

lol who are you dealing with there brian. I got fat plugs at djm with mike. We are working on a trailblazer ss set up also.
Old 03-25-2010, 10:16 PM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TurboBerserker
Now that's a big assumption!
Like I'm one to talk...
Hey you seasoned Water Buffalo!! My truck's been up and running for 8 months now!!
So there!!

Originally Posted by schino
Whats the specs on your truck? im liking the idea of a well handling truck and looking at making some of my own sway bars. would rather build than buy
Originally Posted by fastnblu
Here's his truck...

And a sneak peak at some of his suspension...

I hope those pictures weren't Classified!!
Like I said it was the best handling truck I've ever been in, reminded me of a being in an M3 with softer setting. And considering how much lower it is than my truck which is still pretty low I was pretty amazed.

And Brian knows more about one intake bolt than I know about all of trucks in general so I'm kinda excited to see what he's gonna do here!!! This is gonna be a serious set-up that I'm sure is gonna be SIIICCKKK!!!

Ok, sorry bout the thread jack Brian, I thought it was relevant...
Old 03-25-2010, 10:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by BlownChevy
Everyone's input is welcome, that is what these forums are all about.

This is supposed to be a new deal from DJM, redesigned from the ground up. I am going to give them a shot, worst case scenario I have to remove it for something else, only out the labor since they are using the truck for test fitment.

On a side note, not that I disagree with Desert1500, I really do not. I have hundreds of years of experience surrounding me in the building, and ALLOT of it guys that were and are on the cutting edge of suspension performance. Jerry Magnuson, Jerry Grant, Jerry Kugel (god thats allot of Jerrys), and the AAR group is through the shop quite often, these guys were on the cutting edge of road and circle track racing.......I am in good hands with them and our fabrication shop. We have some of the best welders, designers, and engineers in the industry, not to mention my contacts in Detroit that love G Jobs ....those resources are always available to me .

I am taking a different approach to this truck, some may like it, some may not.....But its my way Eventually I may go to the extreme with a full coil over panard bar suspension specifically designed for road race and canyons. The beauty of this is if I decide that this is the direction I want to go after spending some time driving and enjoying it....THEN I can spend the time and money to modify the truck even further. If I decide that I DO NOT want to go that direction and I just want to cruise the truck, then I can do so and I am out nothing.

The ONE thing I take into consideration when I modify vehicles is resale, and a truck that is modified to far beyond what most would be comfortable with is worthless. I have learned this over the years, and I am going to use the education in my decision making. This is advice I try to hand down to each person starting out in modding vehicles, when all is said and done you can have a 80K vehicle that you could not get 15k out of.
BC, jealous of your suspension gurus experience/ contacts.
Great advice on resale.

siktruk, I have to check those pics of his truck in dave gtg pictures. Its the only reg cab thats 2 inches off the ground.
Spoolin, thanks for pics.

Quick Reply: Magna Charger TVS1900 4.8L 10 PSI, Canyon Carving time :)