FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Magna Charger TVS1900 4.8L 10 PSI, Canyon Carving time :)

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 04:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thought the king shocks were for the trophy truck guys and the likes of that.

to blownchevy. what kind of shocks you looking to run? and with all the suspension experience. do you know how to pick torsion strength of sway bars. im looking at the schroeder bars but their torsion range is huge.

to bad the nnbs trucks have struts. a little harder to do that shock setup
Old 03-26-2010, 10:36 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by schino
to blownchevy. what kind of shocks you looking to run? and with all the suspension experience. do you know how to pick torsion strength of sway bars. im looking at the Schroeder bars but their torsion range is huge.

Schroeder is beautiful stuff, and located in my back yard I like the idea of the gun drilled bars to save weight.

Once we get done with the magazine article I am sure the guys at the Magnuson shop will tear into the truck and make some changes, we have discussed it extensively. I am serious about staying away from cutting or permanently changing the frame of the truck, and this is the ONLY envelope we are stuck in for this process. That being said heated and oil quenched 4140 sway bars (DIAM TBD) should be good enough for this little truck........I really do not think I will require much more than that.......Shocks are TBD.

People can say what they want about bolt on suspension, SOMETIMES (not all the time) it provides 75% of the work thus saving time. Not to mention, it will satisfy 90% of the market since 95% of it will never push a vehicle past the suspensions ability. We will see what we get handed back to us upon completion and go from there. I will be sure to post up once that stage is complete.

In the mean time, the ole 4.8 is loving the boost!
Old 03-27-2010, 04:15 PM
blownerator

x-Link ordered! 90MM Time!
Old 03-27-2010, 04:29 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any pics of the suspension set up?
Old 03-28-2010, 12:17 AM
blownerator

Originally Posted by UBLUZIN03
Any pics of the suspension set up?
thats a few weeks away.........
Old 03-28-2010, 02:24 PM
blownerator

Updated Pics

Old 03-28-2010, 02:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Why are you running a pulley the size of a dinner plate on that thing?!?
Old 03-28-2010, 02:51 PM
blownerator

8 PSI on the little 4.8 Once the 90mm goes on, I will go 10 PSI....
Old 03-28-2010, 02:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BlownChevy
Schroeder is beautiful stuff, and located in my back yard I like the idea of the gun drilled bars to save weight.

Once we get done with the magazine article I am sure the guys at the Magnuson shop will tear into the truck and make some changes, we have discussed it extensively. I am serious about staying away from cutting or permanently changing the frame of the truck, and this is the ONLY envelope we are stuck in for this process. That being said heated and oil quenched 4140 sway bars (DIAM TBD) should be good enough for this little truck........I really do not think I will require much more than that.......Shocks are TBD.

People can say what they want about bolt on suspension, SOMETIMES (not all the time) it provides 75% of the work thus saving time. Not to mention, it will satisfy 90% of the market since 95% of it will never push a vehicle past the suspensions ability. We will see what we get handed back to us upon completion and go from there. I will be sure to post up once that stage is complete.

In the mean time, the ole 4.8 is loving the boost!
hey Brian...my Avv is a 4 link, but I put on the Eibach sways and DJM lowered springs a while back, and just ordered Edelbrock panhard, end links, IAS Shocks, and trailing arms. As for the front...not much done yet except sway, but my plan is to make is as close to Targa ready as I can without touching the frame
Old 03-28-2010, 03:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BlownChevy
kbracing96, if 8 PSI is a dinner plate, think he needs a saucer sized pulley to get 10 PSI? See how much boost the 4.8 can take til she blows. Looks good under there.

Quick Reply: Magna Charger TVS1900 4.8L 10 PSI, Canyon Carving time :)