FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Magna Charger Worth Puting On A 408ci

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 09:28 AM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fish5225
Thanks supersub, just like you, waiting on the 2300 to really make it scary. Did you ever dyno your beast? Have you been happy with the Lingenfelter 100mm MAF? We hope to drop it in the truck this week so I need to get the MAF figured out. Also, has that built 4L65 been holding up. I have the tranny man ready to build the 65 or swap to the 4L80. I know the 65 won't last forever, I was just hoping long enough to make the swap to a 6L90 if they ever get that working right.
We did not have the blower at the time of the fly dyno,it posted solid #'s N/A,based on wieght and trap speeds this thing is pushing 6++ to the wheels,The Maf has been great,Just needs to be tweaked to fit each application,My 65 has been holding strong for being a no name build of sorts.It does need serious moderation though.Kinda like some of these sites.lol! Swapping 6l80/90's are going to be a little difficult for the older trucks due to the lack of some external features our trucks require,and at this time are still unproven in higher hp apllications.I am on borrowed time with the 4l65 and may just conciede and build up a 4l80.
Old 11-17-2008, 08:53 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the tip on the MAF, I will order one tomorrow. I am sure I will need it when the boys at magnacharger release the TVS 2300. I imagine with that blower we can add another 100+ hp and tq. We have put off installation in my truck until after Thanksgiving. The shop is swamped with new engine builds and I am going bird hunting for a few days and didn't want any issues till I have a chance to troubleshoot the new setup. We will try and get the video of the dyno pull up soon. I really appreciate all the help on this board. I am going to build my 4L65 with a beast kit. My tranny guy tells me at this altitude it should hold the torque for awhile if I am not smoking the tires at every stop. Knowing me, I'll need a 4L80/6L90 swap by next spring but hopefully my desire to go hunting will keep me under control until next spring.
Old 11-17-2008, 09:52 PM
Shorty Director

I would go straight to the 4L80E.

Thanks for the tip on the MAF, I will order one tomorrow. I am sure I will need it when the boys at magnacharger release the TVS 2300. I imagine with that blower we can add another 100+ hp and tq. We have put off installation in my truck until after Thanksgiving. The shop is swamped with new engine builds and I am going bird hunting for a few days and didn't want any issues till I have a chance to troubleshoot the new setup. We will try and get the video of the dyno pull up soon. I really appreciate all the help on this board. I am going to build my 4L65 with a beast kit. My tranny guy tells me at this altitude it should hold the torque for awhile if I am not smoking the tires at every stop. Knowing me, I'll need a 4L80/6L90 swap by next spring but hopefully my desire to go hunting will keep me under control until next spring.
Old 11-20-2008, 10:43 PM
On The Tree

In case I decide to get crazy, what's the best way to spin the pulley a little faster and get more boost on the TVS? I can't really go much smaller of the charger pulley, does a change in the crank pulley help much?
Old 11-21-2008, 07:36 PM
12 Second Truck Club

In case I decide to get crazy, what's the best way to spin the pulley a little faster and get more boost on the TVS? I can't really go much smaller of the charger pulley, does a change in the crank pulley help much?
Yep. But get ready for the 8-rib....
Old 11-21-2008, 10:37 PM
On The Tree

Was in my builders shop discussing your 8 rib suggestion and talking with the owner, who told me that they just took a deposit on a LSX 427 with a 122HH. I told them about your build and the customer was truly excited. He is putting in a GTO. I will keep you updated. There should be a dyno pull once the engine is installed. Would love to compare the builds.
Old 11-21-2008, 11:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

are u goin to be spraying any ??? and what is this engine goin into ???
Old 11-22-2008, 06:28 PM
On The Tree

We debated about some spray but with 727 hp and 680 ft/lbs at only 5 lbs of boost we decided there was no need. It is going in my 03 Denali PU the week of December 1st. I will try to get some pics up soon and some launch video when we have it all dialed in. It should be a monster if my tranny build will hold.
Old 11-22-2008, 09:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by supersub
...Swapping 6l80/90's are going to be a little difficult for the older trucks due to the lack of some external features our trucks require,and at this time are still unproven in higher hp apllications. ...
Supersub, not to threadjack, but can u explain bout lack of some external features our older trucks require?

U guys are makin heavy vehicles a force to be reckoned w/.
Old 11-22-2008, 11:12 PM
12 Second Truck Club

6l80's dont have an external gear selector.So swaping one in can be done,but you will lose the gear selector,back-up indicator(lights) and will no longer have a neutral safety switch.Piggybacking a E38 pcm along with the 58X internal components,and with a few spicing into the factory pcm will allow basic guage functions.

Quick Reply: Magna Charger Worth Puting On A 408ci