FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Magna SC arrived have few question?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 04:12 PM
JJB
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TIM Z
Congrats on your supercharger. Cant wait to see/ hear details.
thanks Tim Iam so pumped about it ...Man it was tough between the PC and the new TVS on ebay but my cam makes power to 6300 ++plus but i shift it at that ...it just seemed like it would work better for my app with the extra 9# pulley and everything he had with it ...Very low ours on a non-modded truck that was not a daily driver ...so yea It was a good deal for me......when i first did the 6.0 build and could roast my 20's at a 40 stomp i was like friggen extactic ...now iam going forced induction... ... I just hope i can stay happy with my new set up or i will join a 12 step support group ...lol
Old 04-21-2010, 04:30 PM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

LOL 12 step !! Yeah, this stuff is damn addicting and expensive!

Should become a drug addict i guess, it would be cheaper LOL

Your truck is going to move out with FI !!!

Congrats to the OP also, cant wait to see your setup too.
Old 04-22-2010, 03:55 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Bigredmariner
Did you get the Radix installed yet? I got mine on and I'm loving it, still getting the fine tuning done but the damn thing pulls hard. You're gonna love it.
Nope haven't installed the Radix yet. Been working 7-12s, nights for 7 weeks now looking to get laidoff real soon I have been picking up parts for this project though like BBK 85 mm TB for real cheap, Tru-Cool tranny cooler 40K GVW, switches and digital gauge for inter-cooler temp. Also liked what Supersub did with his set up with a phenolic spacer between upper and lower manifolds. So I'm waiting for my bro-inlaw to finish cutting my phenolic spacer on his CNC. Thats what all I've been doing, will have plenty of pics as soon as I can get started on this project.

Last edited by kiquee; 04-24-2010 at 04:55 PM.
Old 04-30-2010, 11:32 AM
Teching In

Finally got started on my Rdaix project, moving a little slow when watching my 3 yr old hehe. Anyways installed the tranny cooler and blower intercooler in the truck yesterday. Will be doing wiring today and then start on the removing of original parts soon. Have pics of the work so far.
Attached Thumbnails Magna SC arrived have few question?-img_0741.jpg   Magna SC arrived have few question?-img_0749.jpg   Magna SC arrived have few question?-img_0750.jpg   Magna SC arrived have few question?-img_0752.jpg  
Old 04-30-2010, 11:46 AM
Teching In

Here are the pics with the phenolic spacer on the Radix. Had to modify the fuel rails by moving the tabs upward on top of rails. Smoothed out the J-tube by doing a little porting and installed the 85mm from BBK. Looking good so far. Keep you guys posted with more as this project moves along.
Attached Thumbnails Magna SC arrived have few question?-img_0738.jpg   Magna SC arrived have few question?-img_0737.jpg   Magna SC arrived have few question?-img_0742.jpg   Magna SC arrived have few question?-img_0744.jpg   Magna SC arrived have few question?-img_0753.jpg  

Old 04-30-2010, 12:05 PM
JJB
TECH Apprentice

Bout time I know you having been working 7 days a week ...ive been showing off the cold air kit that i got from you ...man that PC sure works with my application I hope you get the same with youre set up...ill be looking for grins ;-)
Old 04-30-2010, 01:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

I think for your DD & towing use of your truck you should go with the KILLER CHILLER, Link below, I installed it last winter and its been great now that the temps here in Texas are finally getting up in the 80"s I have found that it will keep the IAT well below ambiet, I will try and post a video soon and some Dyno #'s, the Radix Supercharger heat exchanger coolant stays at about 42*F all the time and the truck drives like its a winter day even on a 84* day in traffic.
I am waiting on a 95* - 100* day to take some data and post it on the Link below, Stay Tuned.
(https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...d.php?t=448550)
Old 04-30-2010, 02:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LBSBLOWN
I think for your DD & towing use of your truck you should go with the KILLER CHILLER, Link below, I installed it last winter and its been great now that the temps here in Texas are finally getting up in the 80"s I have found that it will keep the IAT well below ambiet, I will try and post a video soon and some Dyno #'s, the Radix Supercharger heat exchanger coolant stays at about 42*F all the time and the truck drives like its a winter day even on a 84* day in traffic.
I am waiting on a 95* - 100* day to take some data and post it on the Link below, Stay Tuned.
(https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...d.php?t=448550)
when using the killer chiller the A/C has to be on correct?
does this mean that you can't use the heater during the winter months?

oh ya and iv always liked the idea of the phenolic spacer, im glad some one else is using his idea
Old 04-30-2010, 03:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by pewterliftedz
when using the killer chiller the A/C has to be on correct?
does this mean that you can't use the heater during the winter months?
Yes the A/C system needs to be on and No, you can use the heater in the winter its just that the A/C system won't be on and it will be just back to the normal IAT's you would normally see with out the KillerChiller kit.
Old 05-06-2010, 11:38 AM
Teching In

Finally finished the install. Had few things to modify but wasn't that big of a deal. Fired it up yesterday and it started up fine. This am though it had a rough time starting, called my tuning guy to set up a appointment to get it on the dyno to make sure things are good and a little tweeking here and there. Will post the numbers as soon as I get them. All in all I like the instant boost and mine was hitting 7.5 lbs of boost on my first WOT. Will see what the dyno says. Here are some pics of the finished insall.
Attached Thumbnails Magna SC arrived have few question?-img_0777.jpg   Magna SC arrived have few question?-img_0778.jpg  

Quick Reply: Magna SC arrived have few question?