FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Magna SC arrived have few question?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 06:40 PM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Awesome! Glad you got it finished!

I all to well understand about trying to install and watch a little ( almost 3) They want to take all your tools!!

I bet that things runs great.

The more you do will yield more power, one step at a time!!!
Old 05-14-2010, 08:16 PM
JJB
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kiquee
Well got my truck to the dyno guy and all is good The numbers are 320 hp and 340 ft lbs torque. Peak torque was at 2800 rpms right where I want it and making around 7.5 lbs of boost. I love it. A lot better numbers than the Procharger was making for me. I'm glad all was good. Still having a cold start issue. Put a mechanical gauge last night and pressured it up then turn it off and checked it this am and it was at 15 lbs. Losing pressure, thinking fuel pumps not holding and need a check valve in between. Not leaking any where outside so I'm thinking it's internal. Don't think it the injectors cause they are new. Process of elimination. Any ideas from you guys will be great.
be very causes for gas smell for leakimg injector you dont want to hydro/ or crack and motor parts / pistons ect...my new walbro doesnt hold prime on turn the key on twice then strat it on the second third turn....works fine that way...if you are still using stock pump then yea there is a problem somewhere...glad you like it Much better for youre application ...I dont think the PC ever got into boost with that set up..lol ...its down right nasty/scary on mine...but my motor alone was putting over 4+ to the RW...so it rocks for me ...its basically a brand new set up..lol...anyway glad to see the Grins
Old 05-22-2010, 01:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by kiquee
Took the idea from another member here Supersub and liked the idea of keeping the heat from the engine or some of it away from the upper manifold where the intercooler is in the blower. I made it out of phenolic grade CE it is used as a heat insulation. Thats all.

how big of a spacer is it? how much clearencing did you have to do to the firewall?
Old 05-24-2010, 11:23 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SimpleManLance
how big of a spacer is it? how much clearencing did you have to do to the firewall?
It is 3/4" thick and I had to bang in the firewall a little to get the back in of the blower to clear. Then it sat down reel nice. I didn't have any hood interference because of my cowl hood had plenty of room.
Old 06-03-2010, 01:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

nice work, i wonder how much the spacer will help with heat soak.
Old 06-04-2010, 04:01 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SILVERADO11
nice work, i wonder how much the spacer will help with heat soak.
Thanks. I'm sure it soaks up a good amount of heat, but the blower doesn't make alot of heat while cruising only when boost is applied for a good period of time. Took a trip to Lake Havasu and my coolant temps for the heat ex where about 15-20 deg. above ambient temps. Temps outside were around 95 deg. and my temp gauge was reading 108 deg. I think it works well for my application.